My Best Mock-Draft by far (please comment)

Clemens&theJets

What would you grade my mock off-season??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What would you grade my mock off-season??

• A+
    • A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

FA Signings

Nate Clements

Leonard Davis

Derrick Dockery

i know getting all of those players are a reach but it could happen. i think the most likely is Dockery. i think we will persure Clements heavily. Some teams might not want to take the gamble on davis and i think we do.

Mock Draft

#1. Lamarr Woodley DE/OLB

#2. Justin Harrell DE

#2. Tony Hunt RB

#3. Jason Hill WR

#5. LeRon McClain FB

#6. ??suggestion??

i will add the 2007-2008 projected starting line-up later.

Not enough in free agenty and i REALLY hope they don't draft Tony Hunt. They already have that same player and his name is leon washington. Neither of them are feature backs.

They arent the same, Washington is an outside runner and Hunt is a between the tackles runner. they could split the carries. Hunt warring down the defense and washington coming in with his spped that would be a great one-two punch.

They arent the same, Washington is an outside runner and Hunt is a between the tackles runner. they could split the carries. Hunt warring down the defense and washington coming in with his spped that would be a great one-two punch.
I don't like hunt as an NFL inside runner at all.

Not enough in free agenty and i REALLY hope they don't draft Tony Hunt. They already have that same player and his name is leon washington. Neither of them are feature backs.

Hunt outweighs Leon by 40 lbs. He's a between-the-tackles grinder who plows through tacklers. If you think that's what Leon Washington does, maybe we're watching two different teams.

Hunt outweighs Leon by 40 lbs. He's a between-the-tackles grinder who plows through tacklers. If you think that's what Leon Washington does, maybe we're watching two different teams.

They are both undersized and not feature backs. And Hunt doesn't even have standout speed.

yeah he does but drafting for a running back platoon is never a good idea in my opinion. you either draft a guy who can be a feature back or you don't draft a RB.

Because the Patriots didn't win Super Bowls with Kevin Faulk and Antowain Smith? I've watched Tony Hunt for his entire career at Penn State and he's an extremely underrated, underapreciated player. He grinds out every yard he can possibly get with what has been, especially this season, poor offensive line play on his team. He's a workhorse and I think he'll be a solid back in the NFL. Maybe he's not going to be a Top 10 NFL running back, but he's certainly got the tools there to be a starter in this league. I think he'd be a perfect compliment to Leon and, if he's there in the third round, it would be a steal to pick him up.

They are both undersized and not feature backs. And Hunt doesn't even have standout speed.

Tony Hunt weighs 240 pounds. He is under-sized compared to who? Brandon Jacobs? Jerome Bettis?

You are like the guy in those ESPN commercials that talks exclusively out of his ass. I'm not even high on Hunt, but comparing him to Leon Washington? Wow. You wanna compare Doug Flutie to Dan McGwire while you're at it?

FA's are great.

The draft is a little suspect. The picks make sense but the value is off. At this point Woodley is a 2nd rounder and not worth a 1st round pick. That is also kinda early for Harrell considering his durability concerns. Hunt is a solid choice there. I don't like the hill pick. We don't really need a WR right now and have much greater needs that could be filled with that pick. We'd be better off going after an OG. Most of our needs are filled in this offseason though so if he were BPA then I guess it would be a good pick.

I don't like Hunt either, but don't see any Leon Washington in him. I also don't think there is a problem with drafting a "platoon" back. I think football is a platoon sport. You draft a guy because you think he can do something successfully-run wide, catch screen passes, catch fades in the end zone, run back punts. It's the coaches job to put the player in a position where he can make plays. There are plenty of limited players that have had monster careers in the NFL. That being said, you don't draft a big RB just because you have a teeny one, the guy has to make plays.

Archived