Post of the Year - you decide!

GreenBeans

PotY - You decide!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. PotY - You decide!

• SouthernJet (Wednesday, 18 Jan 2006)
    • Scott Dierking (Wednesday, 8 Mar 2006)
    • Jet Moses (Wednesday, 29 Mar 2006)
    • Sperm Edwards (Thursday, 27 Apr 2006)
    • Maxman (Wednesday, 7 Jun 2006)
    • Scott Dierking (Saturday, 2 Sep 2006)
    • faba (Wednesday, 4 Oct 2006)
    • Sperm Edwards (Wednesday, 11 Oct 2006)
    • Bugg (Wednesday, 27 Dec 2006)
    • JetCane (Thursday, 18 Jan 2007)

To decide the Post of the Year, I thought it would be best to do things the good old American way. So, in honor of President's Day here in the USA, were going to let you vote on this years PotY. I've narrowed down the field for you to ten great posts from the end of the Jets season last year until the week after the Super Bowl this year. Ten posts, one winner - you decide. I'm asking the mods to "sticky" this (no, Max, not that way, please) up top and leave it open until Tuesday, February 20th to be sure that we catch all of your votes.

The nominees for PotY (in oldest to newest post order) are:

1. SouthernJet (Wednesday, 18 Jan 2006):

This is a great day for fans of intelligent, exciting and innovative football. We as Jet fans are finally returning to quality leadership from a Xs Os Football 101 point of view. How refreshing it will be to know that our HC will be adding something to the DC and OC strategy sessions leading up to a game.

How refreshing it will be to know that we will have the capability to make ingame adjustments and exploit opposing weaknesses. Imagine knowing now that we will have a HC who will lambast a refree for a poor call NOT to get it overturned BUT to get the NEXT call.

How great will it be to know that we will have a HC with the football IQ to actually understand the nuances of clock management at end of half or game.

How fantastic will it be to know that we have a HC to make the tough career ending decisions on veterans or once honorable Jets. To succeed you have to make the tough calls. Wont it be nice to know that overweight players will be fined and those not participating in offseason and inseason conditioning wont play. How about no special rules for certain players, remember, this is a system that emphasizes the no star concept, NO TURDS ALLOWED.

A new era has embarked on us, it will take time to do it right, but we finally have a LONG tERM solution with a NY area native who has a PROVEN system that when implemented and followed will make us competitive for a

long time.

Great hire Woody, Terry and Mike.

2. Scott Dierking (Wednesday, 8 Mar 2006)

(In response to a

Max sent me a PM offering me $1,000 VCash to vote for him,but I had already voted :Nuts: ..the man should be ashamed of himself!:P

Parcells one thing that will NOT be tolerated here is dishonesty. So do NOT come on here and try and hurt my good name by spreading this crap.

No way would I offer you 1,000 vcash when a simple PM and a link would do the trick in most cases, lol.

If elected I will extend lunch hour by one hour. I will make sure that the bathrooms are clean. I will reduce the cost of the vending machines from 75 cents down to 40 cents.

I will work with the faculty to shorten the school year. We will also start later. The details are not hammered out yet but I am thinking Oct - April should cut it.

We will start an hour later. If we think it is going to snow, we will call a snow day.

Vote For Max for school senate.

Parcells one thing that will NOT be tolerated here is dishonesty. So do NOT come on here and try and hurt my good name by spreading this crap.

In response to this post,I have found my favorite 3 stooges episode of all time..I have never heard Moe whine and cry like in this one.:lol:

P0I7YRJnGrM

No way would I offer you 1,000 vcash when a simple PM and a link would do the trick in most cases, lol.

Really? :P

POTW is often a joke or funny but i personally think the POTY should be about the Jets and more specifically, should sum up the season and the future of the team. SJ's post nailed it in January 2006 long before it was fashionable (except to BZ) to be so optimistic. Max's post is hilarious but I had to go with SJ's. What post would you want on the front page of this site if a player visited? No one would get Max's post outside our quirky community. Max's post is POTW fodder but not POTY imho.

POTW is often a joke or funny but i personally think the POTY should be about the Jets and more specifically, should sum up the season and the future of the team. SJ's post nailed it in January 2006 long before it was fashionable (except to BZ) to be so optimistic. Max's post is hilarious but I had to go with SJ's. What post would you want on the front page of this site if a player visited? No one would get Max's post outside our quirky community. Max's post is POTW fodder but not POTY imho.

I voted the same way for the same reasons. it was close.

I also did it for faba's sake. max said something about if he won, he's keep the bathrooms clean etc. etc. etc.

how much more can faba do around here I ask ya's cause we know mr delegator will be on the horn to him as soon as the votes are in ;)