Jordan Rips Jets a Little Bit: Raiders Camp Report

TomShane

Dear Lamont,

I bought a SILK raiders mini bath robe just for you because it was on sale for $9.99 plus 25% off at the REEBOK outlet. But don't let GGG know its ONLY for the JET RAIDER game use .... :wink: I promise to hide it all season! also HOWIE is still close to my heart...come back to NY when Curtis retires [-o<

--Lamont Jordan is younger, faster and stronger than Curtis Martin right now.

--Lamont Jordan is a better RB today than Curtis Martin, all things considered.

--Lamont Jordan has a better offensive supporting cast than Curtis Martin, all things considered.

--Lamont Jordan plays in a better system for running backs than Curtis Martin does.

--Lamont Jordan has weaker backups than Curtis MArtin does.

I'm sorry, but I truly have to question the football mind of anyone who thinks Martin will outrush Jordan.

Martin = 1100 Yards Max

Jordan = 1600 Yards Max

Anything can happen, we all know that. But all things considered, Jordan should easily outrush Martin in 2005.

^^^^^^

easily? how so? the raiders will be throwing the ball ALOT more than running the ball.

Barring any injuries, Curtis will likely get more carries than LaMont.

Dude, he just broke down how. I know you can freakin read. He gave a laundry list of reasons as to why Lamont will, easily, get more yards. Don't forget, Norv Turner's system was the Dallas system. Y'know, the system that had Aikman, Irvin, Harper, and Emmit Smith. If I remember right, Smith got plenty of yards.

Dude, he just broke down how. I know you can freakin read. He gave a laundry list of reasons as to why Lamont will, easily, get more yards. Don't forget, Norv Turner's system was the Dallas system. Y'know, the system that had Aikman, Irvin, Harper, and Emmit Smith. If I remember right, Smith got plenty of yards.

LaMont is more talented but that doesn't make him a better back! :roll:

Randy Moss, Jerry Porter and a QB made for the deep ball.

Ya wanna make a friendly bet the raiders will be throwing it alot more than running it and that barring injures, Curtis will have more carries than LaMont.....

Doesn't mean he'll get more yards, definetly not so, but lets no sit here and act like LaMont Jordan is frickin Jamal Lewis, he's not that great.

LaMont is more talented but that doesn't make him a better back! :roll:

Randy Moss, Jerry Porter and a QB made for the deep ball.

Ya wanna make a friendly bet the raiders will be throwing it alot more than running it and that barring injures, Curtis will have more carries than LaMont.....

Doesn't mean he'll get more yards, definetly not so, but lets no sit here and act like LaMont Jordan is frickin Jamal Lewis, he's not that great.

And, you're missing the main point. I did state that Norv Turner was the Dallas offensive coordinator. Did Emmit Smith ever have a bad year? It's not like Norv is obsessed with passing. He likes balance. A winning team is based on running the ball. He'll want them to be sucessful, so they'll be running. He'll get close to 300 carries.

And, you're missing the main point. I did state that Norv Turner was the Dallas offensive coordinator. Did Emmit Smith ever have a bad year? It's not like Norv is obsessed with passing. He likes balance. A winning team is based on running the ball. He'll want them to be sucessful, so they'll be running. He'll get close to 300 carries.

I understand

But LaMont is no emmitt smith and the raiders offensive line has alot of problems, far less than ours did last year.

I understand

But LaMont is no emmitt smith and the raiders offensive line has alot of problems, far less than ours did last year.

You say you understand, and yet you bring up offensive lines, when I didn't bring up the Jets or their offensive line. Yeah, I get the Jets O-line didn't have alot of problems last year. This year? They're a year older. Fabini, Mawae, Kendell, they're all older. Jones is unproven. But hey, I'm not going to knock Mawae and Kendell. Heart and soul of that line. And yeah, the Raiders line wasn't all that last year. But, then again, their running back was Tyrone Wheatley? Justin Fargas? Please... they're not in Lamont's class, and you know it. And, more to the point, if the Raiders can and show the ability to pass, they're not going to put 8 or 9 in the box. And, at this point, Lamont is faster, stronger, and better than Curtis. Curtis has two bad ankles. He's going to be 33. Running backs do hit a wall. It's just conventional wisdom. Besides, listen to Savage... he'll learn you something good. Trust me. It doesn't always pay to be a Jets homer. Martin won't get near the carries he's gotten in the past. He'll share time with Blaylock and Houston (maybe Houston). The Jets will be passing more (which you neglect to mention). So, the odds are in favor of Lamont.

You say you understand, and yet you bring up offensive lines, when I didn't bring up the Jets or their offensive line. Yeah, I get the Jets O-line didn't have alot of problems last year. This year? They're a year older. Fabini, Mawae, Kendell, they're all older. Jones is unproven. But hey, I'm not going to knock Mawae and Kendell. Heart and soul of that line. And yeah, the Raiders line wasn't all that last year. But, then again, their running back was Tyrone Wheatley? Justin Fargas? Please... they're not in Lamont's class, and you know it. And, more to the point, if the Raiders can and show the ability to pass, they're not going to put 8 or 9 in the box. And, at this point, Lamont is faster, stronger, and better than Curtis. Curtis has two bad ankles. He's going to be 33. Running backs do hit a wall. It's just conventional wisdom. Besides, listen to Savage... he'll learn you something good. Trust me. It doesn't always pay to be a Jets homer. Martin won't get near the carries he's gotten in the past. He'll share time with Blaylock and Houston (maybe Houston). The Jets will be passing more (which you neglect to mention). So, the odds are in favor of Lamont.

HOW DARE YOU POKE FUN AT TYRONE WHEATHLEY AND JUSTIN FARGAS!!!

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!!!!! :evil::evil:

J/K LOL :lol::lol:

Wanna avatar bet that Curtis gets more carries than LaMont?? (barring injuries)

HOW DARE YOU POKE FUN AT TYRONE WHEATHLEY AND JUSTIN FARGAS!!!

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!!!!!!!! :evil::evil:

J/K LOL :lol::lol:

Wanna avatar bet that Curtis gets more carries than LaMont?? (barring injuries)

Really don't. It's not that important to me. I just felt like picking a fight.

And Wheatley and Fargas are former Wolverines. I can do to them what I please. Like Tom and half the members here.

And, I'm not avoiding or backing out (other than I really didn't agree to any silly bets), it's just not on my priority list. Besides, my avatar kicks everyone's a$$. And it's pretty. If you make a bet about who's going to rush for more yards, you're kinda sick. Like you have a gambling problem sick.

I never said for more yards, I said CARRIES :roll:

And lets not sit here and act like Martin sucks and LaMont is a god

LaMont may have the skill, but lets see him pound the rock 25 times a game for the coarse of the season and see how great he does.

He has more talent, but talent doesn't mean you'll be successful. If that were true, Martin would have been cut and outa this league 8 years ago. :mrgreen:

:shock::shock:

Oh, but Thomas....Curtis led the league in rushing last season!

As stupid as this may sound, Curtis leading the league in rushing last year held the offense back.

If Curtis and Lamont were sharing the carries, we'd have been playing in Foxboro for the right to go to Jacksonville.

.....No if that punk ass Doug Brien made one field goal we would have been in Foxboro. I love lamont as much as the next. But Curtis has always done well, he wasn't the only reason why we didn't make the playoffs or the Super Bowl. It's aggrivating that Curtis alone gets blamed for non playoff appearances or Superbowl births. Last I checked, there are 53 players on the roster and 3 coaches (well the main coaches) that can take responsibility for us not making it also. Stop bashing my Curtis!!..You'll miss him when he's gone and we have some suck ass RB. And stop including him in those ill will wishes I saw in the beginning of this thread. Leave my Curty alone. Discuss LJ if you want, but stop hating on my Curtis or I will be forced to thrash you all... :box: ...

Archived