Rumored Betts trade

JayKwaz

Ok... So the trade would go like this... Vilma for Betts, we get the redskins #6 overall pick in the 1st round, and I believe they also get our #1... No thanks. Then we have to find a MLB? When we can simply draft a rb in the later rounds to help out Leon... No thanks, makes no sense
Why do we always have to make trades with Washington? I don't really want vilma 3 hours south making pro bowl after pro bowl...

Wheres the link for this story?

True or not , it raises an important issue. For me Vilma will never be a perfect fit at 3-4 and if thats tha D we are going to persevere with we might as well get some value from him , and if that means getting a franchise back for him , then I'm all for it.

Vilma is a good player not great , well not at the moment and it seems that people get lost with emotion on that issue.

There were remarks made by him on how hard he'd been studying film etc... So hes trying to make the adjustment.

It will be a gamble keeping him next season , where he should be fully adapted. If he flops , his value will be gone and with most teams now running a 3-4 D won't get much for him.

Of course as far as the FO are concerned getting rid of a fans favourite is never going to be easy , so the player coming in , in whatever trade will have to be top calibre.

Personally I think this rumour is BS.

Archived