I was such a big fan of the Ghost Rider comic when I was growing up. I had the whole original series, including the first couple of appearances of GR, in Marvel Spotlight #5. Here is a link to the history of GR.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/g/ghostrider.htm

When I first heard that they were making this movie I had high hopes, with today's CGI, they could make it look incredible. Then I heard that Cage was connected to it, and I knew it was going to suck.

He is so miscast for this role, it's not even funny. Aaron Eckhart or Viggo Mortensen would have been perfect.

The fanboys will be staying away from this one in droves. It may even make Superman Returns look like House Party 3.

Agree about Eckhart/Mortenson for the part,although to be fair I never really was that interested in Ghost Rider.

FYI,Eckhart is in serious discussions to play Harvey Dent/Two Face in Dark Knight.

Nick Cage is a big comic nut,he actually took the name Cage from the Character Luke Cage.Thankfully Luke Cage is black so Nick Cage can't horribly ruin that character

Ghost Rider has never interested me,he's doesn't have cool powers and the whole concept of turning into a flaming head is kind of lame.

Oh and by the way,the spiderman movies rocked.

This movie was pretty decent actually,and the kids absolutely LOVED it!!!There is some really good music in this movie also,although much of it isn't on the official soundtrack,don't ask me why.The song playing in the closing credits was especially good.It is a cover of a song written in 1949 by Stan Jones called Ghost Riders in the Sky sung in the movie by an Australian group called Spiderbait.The original song is actually the inspiration for the Ghost Rider character.

Here is a link to the Spiderbait version:

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=S2D7L88rnDN#

Enjoy!!!!:)

This movie was pretty decent actually,and the kids absolutely LOVED it!!!There is some really good music in this movie also,although much of it isn't on the official soundtrack,don't ask me why.The song playing in the closing credits was especially good.It is a cover of a song written in 1949 by Stan Jones called Ghost Riders in the Sky sung in the movie by an Australian group called Spiderbait.The original song is actually the inspiration for the Ghost Rider character.

Here is a link to the Spiderbait version:

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=S2D7L88rnDN#

Enjoy!!!!:)

I think Spiderbait also did a cover of Black Betty for the awful Dukes of Hazzard movie.

They are an up and coming band. The single "tonite" is getting major play on alt-rock and rock radio right now.

Of course this is my favourite song of theirs (NSFW):

dD4MqWGZak4

I've got to say, I really enjoyed it. Even if you don't go for Nick Cage (who was tastefully understated instead of trying to ham it up constantly) the Ghost Rider was very visually stunning eye-candy. Not a boring film at all. The biggest problem of course is the plot, which has more holes than swiss cheese. But if you go in knowing its going to be very non-intellectually challenging and just give in to the special effects, its a good show.

Now Reno 911-Miami, that was a festering pile of ****. It had maybe 4 laugh out loud moments, with 60 minutes of boring crap in between. (Although it still might be worth it, if you need a good laugh and don't mind waiting for it.) It may help to watch this movie very stoned, but sober, it sucked overall.

I've got to say, I really enjoyed it. Even if you don't go for Nick Cage (who was tastefully understated instead of trying to ham it up constantly) the Ghost Rider was very visually stunning eye-candy. Not a boring film at all. The biggest problem of course is the plot, which has more holes than swiss cheese.

I'm not familiar with the whole Ghost Rider story, but I always thought Blackheart was the main villain.

What were the other plot holes?

I think Spiderbait also did a cover of Black Betty for the awful Dukes of Hazzard movie.

They are an up and coming band. The single "tonite" is getting major play on alt-rock and rock radio right now.

Of course this is my favourite song of theirs (NSFW):

dD4MqWGZak4

Yes,they did do a cover of Black Betty also.I like it as well.

I'm not familiar with the whole Ghost Rider story, but I always thought Blackheart was the main villain.

What were the other plot holes?

*Spoiler alert*

The souls in the contract were being kept from the devil because it was too much power (or something like that. It was never too clear what the hell that was about) So the Ghost Rider sets them free in the end, at which point...they go to hell! So the devil gets them anyway. How is that a success? And Nick Cage spends the first 30 minutes of the film playing a guy who was quiet, shy, gave a horrible interview to the reporter chick...and all of a sudden, he's chasing her down the highway and talking like a brash, smooth talking used car salesman. Its like he did a 180 and gave the character a whole new personality 30 minutes into the film. I'm sure I could think of more, but like I said, its not about the plot but the special effects that were just so freakin sweet.