Mustang GT vs. Camaro Z28

TNJet

Stang or Camaro?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Stang or Camaro?

• Mustang GT
    • Camaro Z28

I have a Mustang 05 GT satin silver 5 spd and I love it.I like the current body styles so much I think they are the coolest the stangs have ever looked.I also like the z28.Which do you guys prefer?

They still make the z28? Can't say I've seen one in the last few years. They were very popular when I was in High School in the late '80's.

I think the new Mustangs look very nice.

I give you props for buying a 5 speed. Nothing annoys me more than someone buying a sports car that's an automatic. It defeats the purpose of buying the car in the first place!

They still make the z28? Can't say I've seen one in the last few years. They were very popular when I was in High School in the late '80's.

I think the new Mustangs look very nice.

I give you props for buying a 5 speed. Nothing annoys me more than someone buying a sports car that's an automatic. It defeats the purpose of buying the car in the first place!

thanks dude,yeah you cant drive a auto V8 it just defeats the purpose.No they still dont make Z28's but they are supposed to release the new ones next year I believe.

Hmmmm. I was the proud owner of both of these cars at one time or another.

My first car:

81 Camaro Z28 350 auto 4 barrel, black with t-tops. Not real quick off the line, but great top speed.

My second car:

91 Mustang GT 302 8cyl. 5 speed, black again. Real fast off the line. Hugged corners well. Fun to drive with the stick-shift.

I beat the daylights out of each one, and got my share of speeding tickets to show for it.

I think I would take my 'Stang over the Camaro, though.

Guys, I got some kick ass pictures of cars me and my brothers had owned/crashed before I got married. What I can do is, upload them as sig pics, and then if somebody can help me put the jpg thingies on them so I can post them all in a thread, that will be real neat.

If you know how to tag sig pics with jpg, do it with my current sig pic as an example and demonstration of your awesome abilities (it's a picture I drew in 12th grade from a dead kennedy's album inner sleeve).

You won't be dissapointed, my pictures are kick ass and you car nuts will really appreciate them.

So this is where the real conversations take place...

Ford guy here, all the way. I drove a 67 Mustang Fastback in high-school. It pains me to discuss this subject. I had done just about everything the car needed while in high-school, minus a nice paint job. From rebuilding the engine (I put in a 302 bored 40 over with flat-tops, hooker compitition headers, chrome everything, etc.) to re-upolstering the entire interior. I ran from the Cops after whitesmokin' the town square on numerous occasions. Chose to sell it when I went off to College for something "more reliable"....what an idiot. The guy who bought it from me still lives in the small town I am from and I still see the car from time to time. I would imagine it would be like running into your new ex-wife and the atheletic boy-toy she dumped you for.

Anyway, with the release of the Shelbys this year, this is an easy question. My family has a ton of mustangs, here are a few of my family favs:

Uncle Rick's 69 Shelby GT 500; Pearl White/Gold Trim; 3-speed Hurst on the floor; 428 Cobra-Jet; nuff said!

Uncle Don's 68 Shelby Convertable; chick magnent; Green/Saddle Interior & Trim; 302; The cleanest car I have ever seen (He literally took every piece apart and cleaned them; everything is as close to factory original as possible).

Uncle Don's 67 Shelby GT 350; Baby Blue/White Racing Stripes up the middle; looks fantastic!

I will have another one someday, but for now, my pregnant wife reminds me repeatedly that my new Shelby is in her belly, and I can't help but think she is correct!

Archived