With DE Smith being franchised, Stienbach available

CoachTsurfing

The good thing about Smith getting the franchise sticker over with the bungles is that Og Stienbach can't be. That means we have a fair shot at him. I for one would love to get Stienbach here, then he wouldn't have to consider going after Blalock early and could wait for the second day to get a gaurd to groom. Opinions?

am I the only one in this thread that has actually seen this player on the field? he's JAG

I disagree. He's been a big part in paving the way for Rudi Johnson.

He can go play tackle if he needs too, like he did for Cincy this year at times when Levi Jones went down, so his athleticism shouldnt really be questioned.

Jets are not going to burn the cap on young vet Guard because G is not that hard to find... Go with either draftee or udfa or sign Carlisle.

Receivers are easier to find than good guards. IMO, guards will have a bigger impact through the course of the season, in both running and passing.

I haven't seen steinbauch play, but if he is like Hutchinson, then it would be worth paying him.

am I the only one in this thread that has actually seen this player on the field? he's JAG

I'll be honest & admit I've never watched Steinbach with such detail (footwork, missed blocks, etc). Just guessed he was not JAG because of Cincy's success running the ball & he was highly touted coming out of school. Personally I prefer a mauler (particularly between Brick & Nick), who's not a liability in pass-protection of course.

Since you do (and I'm not being sarcastic), tell us what you think of other FA OG's who I was also assuming to be worth us pursuing given their teams' success running the ball:

- Kris Dielman, SD (converted DT like Moore if I remember correctly)

- Derrick Dockery, WAS

also

- David Diehl, NYG

- Floyd Womack, JAX

- Chris Gray, SEA

- Sean Mahan, TB (I assume all 3 of their veteran OLmen to be terrible but may not be so)

So this guy is a versatile hard worker who has overachieved his career prob. b/c of his work ethic and toughness....anyone else think Mangini will jump all over this?

I'll be honest I've never watched him play extensively but from a lot of the info I am reading about him this guy sounds like he would be a FANTASTIC pick up. Hutch money sounds a little absurd considering he is not as good and Hutch's deal was absurd in itself. If the price is right I think this is an automatic pick up if we can get the deal done....

I'll be honest & admit I've never watched Steinbach with such detail (footwork, missed blocks, etc). Just guessed he was not JAG because of Cincy's success running the ball & he was highly touted coming out of school. Personally I prefer a mauler (particularly between Brick & Nick), who's not a liability in pass-protection of course.

Since you do (and I'm not being sarcastic), tell us what you think of other FA OG's who I was also assuming to be worth us pursuing given their teams' success running the ball:

- Derrick Dockery, WAS

also

- David Diehl, NYG

- Floyd Womack, JAX

- Chris Gray, SEA

- Sean Mahan, TB (I assume all 3 of their veteran OLmen to be terrible but may not be so)

Diehl is a beast - wasn't sure he's UFA - in fact i think he isn't. Womack is aiight. These other guys not so good. Signing FA OL from WAS or TB is like signing QBs from OAK. it's just not smart.

Diehl is a beast - wasn't sure he's UFA - in fact i think he isn't. Womack is aiight. These other guys not so good. Signing FA OL from WAS or TB is like signing QBs from OAK. it's just not smart.

My bad. Appears the Giants extended him (Manuwai was also just extended).

I was looking here for a FA list.

Dockery's that bad? He's a mammoth of a man & their running game is pretty good.

- Derrick Dockery, WAS

also

- David Diehl, NYG

- Floyd Womack, JAX

- Chris Gray, SEA

I am pretty sure that Jets wont go after 330 lber for upgrading G so Dockey and Womack are omitted. Gray should be retired. Diehl and Dielman are too value to let go. Mahan may stay put with Bucs. I think about Cooper Carlisle but Jets have Teague, Kendall, Moore, Mangold and Smith as interior OL.

It is safe to think Jets wont address G with FA.

What's up with that boating under the influence charge? I've heard of driving under the influence but boating? Who pulls you over the Coast Guard?

Marine Police.

Tons of them in Florida. Think they give out more BWI's then the regular cops give out DWI's, and they hammer ya for it.