Patsys Tag Samuel

madmike1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who says he's unhappy? He will make $7.9 mill next season and play on a team that has a chance to go to the Super Bowl.
LOL Dude players HATE to be tagged. Either you don't know that which would make you a moron (i don't THINK thats the case.) Or you do know that and you're being a patsy homer as usual...

LOL Dude players HATE to be tagged. Either you don't know that which would make you a moron (i don't THINK thats the case.) Or you do know that and you're being a patsy homer as usual...

I don't think Asante will be disappointed by the franchise tag. I don't know what his salary was before but it was nowhere near $8 million a season.

If some team matches the bid that would be great as well. That would give the Pats four 1st round picks.

Watson isn't a FA Graham is and the Jets should stay FAR away from him.

Pats have so many TE's I get their names confused.

Why do you feel should we stay FAR away from him? Because he's not a WR-caliber receiver like Gates/Gonzo/Shockey? Kid can block & Chad has never made use of TE's as receivers. I don't care if he doesn't run a 4.6 fory.

Who says he's unhappy? He will make nearly $8 million next season to play on a team that has a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

He was looking at least that much in signing bonus and probably a hell of alot more. Then get a salary & bonus on top of that.

Hopefully, he negotiates a deal before the 22nd. That way they Patriots can pull it and then tag Graham. I think they can do that.

Why do you feel should we stay FAR away from him? Because he's not a WR-caliber receiver like Gates/Gonzo/Shockey? Kid can block & Chad has never made use of TE's as receivers. I don't care if he doesn't run a 4.6 fory.

Because we have a fine TE in Chris Baker.

The Pats need to keep Graham. He's a great run blocker as well as the guy who saves Matt Light's arse on passing downs.

Can he catch? Sometimes. He had a huge catch in the Super Bowl against Carolina.

He was looking at least that much in signing bonus and probably a hell of alot more. Then get a salary & bonus on top of that.

Hopefully, he negotiates a deal before the 22nd. That way they Patriots can pull it and then tag Graham. I think they can do that.

That's a great point.

Non-Pats fans have no idea how valuable Graham is to the offense.

I don't think Asante will be disappointed by the franchise tag. I don't know what his salary was before but it was nowhere near $8 million a season.

If some team matches the bid that would be great as well. That would give the Pats four 1st round picks.

how would you know that he will not be dissapointed. did he tell you that when he was giving you the shaft last night

Why? Because he's on the patsies? And that fact alone makes him better then any jet?

He is a great blocker. He has alot better hands then his numbers suggest because he keeps Brady standing upright. If he goes to another team he will easily top 50 cathes.

you can always use another good player. and he is a very good player. nothing wrong with having 2 good tight ends. god knows we need one.

what proof do you have that he's a good player? he's not a good player he's completely average and the jets arn't going to waste money on him.

Why? Because he's on the patsies? And that fact alone makes him better then any jet?

Matt Light has problems with pass rushers like Dwight Freeney and Jason Taylor. Graham is given the job of helping Light. He does the job.

Did I mention the fact that he has 17 TD's and is the go to guy for Brady when the Pats are in the redzone.

Does the 2006 wildcard game ring a bell?

Matt Light has problems with pass rushers like Dwight Freeney and Jason Taylor. Graham is given the job of helping Light. He does the job.

Did I mention the fact that he has 17 TD's and is the go to guy for Brady when the Pats are in the redzone.

Does the 2006 wildcard game ring a bell?

So because he was able to run past the HORRIBLE Brad Kassell for a TE that means he's good? LMAO. Go to guy my ass. thats why he hasn't had more then 21 catches the last 2 years. Graham sucks.

what proof do you have that he's a good player? he's not a good player he's completely average and the jets arn't going to waste money on him.

i have eyes. i have watched the guy play. he is a good player. his stats leave something to be desired, but he isn't used as the primary pass catcher in that offense. he isn't even used as a secondary pass catcher on some plays, but the guy can definitely catch. everytime i watch him i am impressed. the guy blocks as good as a tight end can imo. he can catch, he can run after the catch, he runs good routes, he doesn't complain. what else can you ask for. i wouldn't give him a TON of money, but i would sign him to a decent contract. the guy is a player.

The agent for Asante Samuel said his client is not upset about the Patriots placing the franchise tag on him.

"We don't look at it as a bad thing," Alonzo Shavers said on Friday night. "This is a step in the process in working toward a long-term deal."

Asked if Samuel would hold out, Shavers said: "That is not our intention at all."

:cheers:

The agent for Asante Samuel said his client is not upset about the Patriots placing the franchise tag on him.

"We don't look at it as a bad thing," Alonzo Shavers said on Friday night. "This is a step in the process in working toward a long-term deal."

Asked if Samuel would hold out, Shavers said: "That is not our intention at all."

They look at it as a PROCESS TOWARDS A DEAL. And we all know the patsys always take care of their players right? LOL.

Whatever.

If he signs with the Jets, Baker will be lucky to see the field.

graham is a blocking TE with so so hands he lacks speed and he is a bad route runner that is why he doesn't have a lot of catches. he is always droping back into pass protection. if he was that good brady would have found a way to get him the ball. as a matter of fact the best pair of hands you have is chad jackson and he is not even a starter yet. if chad jackson can learn to run good routes he could be a probowler. other than him patriots have zero pass catching threats

honestly, i wouldn't blame the guy either way. i can definitely understand him being happy about 7.7 million or whatever he will get, at a minimum.

Archived