Patsys Tag Samuel

madmike1

So because he was able to run past the HORRIBLE Brad Kassell for a TE that means he's good? LMAO. Go to guy my ass. thats why he hasn't had more then 21 catches the last 2 years. Graham sucks.

Baker and Graham both entered the NFL in 2002. Here are their respective stats:

Baker: 83 catches - 902 yards - 9 TD's

Graham: 120 catches - 1393 yards - 17 TD's

BTW: Baker has been active for 68 games while Graham has been active for 63.

And you have the audacity to call me a homer. You are the homer.

Bottom line: Graham>Baker

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have eyes. i have watched the guy play. he is a good player. his stats leave something to be desired, but he isn't used as the primary pass catcher in that offense. he isn't even used as a secondary pass catcher on some plays, but the guy can definitely catch. everytime i watch him i am impressed. the guy blocks as good as a tight end can imo. he can catch, he can run after the catch, he runs good routes, he doesn't complain. what else can you ask for. i wouldn't give him a TON of money, but i would sign him to a decent contract. the guy is a player.

Good evaluation of Graham.

The Patriots do not utilize him enough as a pass catcher. As Gainzo said, he greatly aids Light who has been victimized by speed rushers his entire career. This guy does not have Gonzalez or Gates type hands, but he could be a very effective passs catcher.

The one knock on him is he misses a few games every year.

Baker and Graham both entered the NFL in 2002. Here are their respective stats:

Baker: 83 catches - 902 yards - 9 TD's

Graham: 120 catches - 1393 yards - 17 TD's

BTW: Baker has been active for 68 games while Graham has been active for 63.

And you have the audacity to call me a homer. You are the homer.

Bottom line: Graham>Baker

Baker has been hurt OF COURSE he has less catches and TD's. The Jets also had other TE's who were taking some of his catches in other years.

You talk about Graham like he's some great player when in reality he's no better then baker who i've said is a fine serviceable TE. Graham is NOTHING special and you'll see that when he gets a crappy contract from some team that i hope isn't the jets because he's worth nothing. At least Baker has some upside as a pass catcher.

This isn't the first patsy player you completely overrate though because well thats what patsy fans do.

What did you all expect? Scott Paoli a real GM. Not like Tannenbaum drafting two guys that beling in the arena football leauge on the first day. Buffalo still the team to beat though in the future.

As long as Dick Jauron is the HC of the Bills they are going nowhere.

What did you all expect? Scott Paoli a real GM. Not like Tannenbaum drafting two guys that beling in the arena football leauge on the first day. Buffalo still the team to beat though in the future.

According to SI the jets had the 3rd best draft of any team in the NFL but you just like to harp on 2 players and forget the 5 good players he drafted. you really sound like a complete idiot.

i really hope you are kidding. i work in buffalo and today marv levy gave his "state of the bills" address, as he called it. the guy was clueless. first, he states that he had no idea willis even had an interview with penthouse when asked about it. then he goes on a tangent talking about how he isn't the guy to talk about the salary cap because...HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND IT. he flat out said that he has to walk down the hall constantly to ask someone else cap questions because he just doesn't understand it. i feel bad for those bills fans...umm, no i don't. if you want to hear the press conference, i believe wgr550 has it on their website, at least they said it would be.

Baker has been hurt OF COURSE he has less catches and TD's. The Jets also had other TE's who were taking some of his catches in other years.

You talk about Graham like he's some great player when in reality he's no better then baker who i've said is a fine serviceable TE. Graham is NOTHING special and you'll see that when he gets a crappy contract from some team that i hope isn't the jets because he's worth nothing. At least Baker has some upside as a pass catcher.

This isn't the first patsy player you completely overrate though because well thats what patsy fans do.

Baker has been "hurt" but has played 5 more games than Graham and his stats suck compared to Graham's

I'm not being a homer, I'm being a realist.

At least Baker has some upside as a pass catcher.

lol. Graham has 37 more catches than Baker in 5 less games.

I loved the way you brushed off Graham's catch in the playoff game.

According to SI the jets had the 3rd best draft of any team in the NFL but you just like to harp on 2 players and forget the 5 good players he drafted. you really sound like a complete idiot.

lol SI also picked the Mets to beat the Cardinals in 6 games. I don't care what these experts have to say I go by what I see and I feel. I'm just as educated sports wise as they are.

Dbrick was decent Mongold very good. Kellen Clemens was atrocious 3rd string. Schlieg was waiving a white towell on the bench all year like a surrendering Frenchman Leon was average.

Drew Coleman couldn't beat out David Barrett Brad Smith was well disguised. Look at teams like Jaguars Colts Patriots Saints. All got their franchise RB's in that draft what did the Jets get? BUMS. So again SI exposed.

Baker has been "hurt" but has played 5 more games than Graham and his stats suck compared to Graham's

I'm not being a homer, I'm being a realist.

lol. Graham has 37 more catches than Baker in 5 less games.

I loved the way you brushed off Graham's catch in the playoff game.

Baker hardly played his first 2 years and he was hurt the next 2 years. counting those games as games he was active is beyond stupid.

did you see the catch in the playoff game? it was a COMPLETE blown coverage and because the jets had the misfortune of having an awful player in Brad Kassell. Graham was wide open. Any NFL PLAYER could've caught that TD. ANY ONE. From a kicker to a Nose Tackle. I could've caught that TD and i haven't played football in 4 years. Using that giveaway TD by the jets to say anything about graham just shows how much of a patsy homer you are. If you think that was any great play by him thats absurd.

OH, and on top of that, he stated that one of the other front office guys drew up some posters about the cap for marv. and that it showed that they don't really have as much money as it looks like they do, so they will only be spending cash to the cap or something like that. pretty much, they made up an imaginary cap to spend to this year and won't be going over it.

lol SI also picked the Mets to beat the Cardinals in 6 games. I don't care what these experts have to say I go by what I see and I feel. I'm just as educated sports wise as they are.

Dbrick was decent Mongold very good. Kellen Clemens was atrocious 3rd string. Schlieg was waiving a white towell on the bench all year like a surrendering Frenchman Leon was average.

Drew Coleman couldn't beat out David Barrett Brad Smith was well disguised. Look at teams like Jaguars Colts Patriots Saints. All got their franchise RB's in that draft what did the Jets get? BUMS. So again SI exposed.

Nice to know Clemens is atrocious based on his 1 career pass attempt.

I picked the Mets in six, too.

:cry:

btw, i'd take an upgrade from Baker. He is serviceable, but not great.

Baker hardly played his first 2 years and he was hurt the next 2 years. counting those games as games he was active is beyond stupid.

did you see the catch in the playoff game? it was a COMPLETE blown coverage and because the jets had the misfortune of having an awful player in Brad Kassell. Graham was wide open. Any NFL PLAYER could've caught that TD. ANY ONE. From a kicker to a Nose Tackle. I could've caught that TD and i haven't played football in 4 years. Using that giveaway TD by the jets to say anything about graham just shows how much of a patsy homer you are. If you think that was any great play by him thats absurd.

If Brad Kassell isn't cut then i'll be a happy Jets fan I never seen a more clueless player even in pop warner days. So if he stays i'm glad Tannenbaum FIRED! lol

:confused:

What All World Doug Jolley had Baker's a$$ glued to the bench? Or was it Becht?

I am a Mets fan but I picked STL cause I figured Willie would get over matched in the chess game with Tony. I was wrong though I became a Randolph fan after he didn't allow Wagner to burry us again he gave Heilman a shot and Heilman messed up. Despite that move not working Willie still showed me he was going to win or lose with a solid RP not a guy that belongs in philly milking llamas in Wagner lol.

graham is far from great as well.

Don't you have some abstract off the wall baseball stat that will show that despite playing three more games on a team with declining talent, that less catches, yards and TDs is actually a good thing?

Don't you have some abstract off the wall baseball stat that will show that despite playing three more games on a team with declining talent, that less catches, yards and TDs is actually a good thing?
LOL nice try. If you have a stat to judge his ability as a run blocker i'm all ears. Since every non-patsy homer knows he's an awful pass catcher. Every football site that does similer stuff to sabermetrics says baker is much better then graham... Watson too.

LOL nice try. If you have a stat to judge his ability as a run blocker i'm all ears. Since every non-patsy homer knows he's an awful pass catcher.

im a jets fan living in buffalo land. i know he is a pretty good receiver, not great, but pretty good. as for blocking, he is about as good as it gets for a tight end.

im a jets fan living in buffalo land. i know he is a pretty good receiver, not great, but pretty good. as for blocking, he is about as good as it gets for a tight end.
He's as good as it gets? Do you ever watch football games? If you think that this JAG is "as good as it gets" you've probably never seen any other TE's play.

He's as good as it gets? Do you ever watch football games? If you think that this JAG is "as good as it gets" you've probably never seen any other TE's play.

yes, his blocking is about as good as you can expect from a 260 lb tight end. you can think differently, if you want to be wrong.

LOL nice try. If you have a stat to judge his ability as a run blocker i'm all ears. Since every non-patsy homer knows he's an awful pass catcher. Every football site that does similer stuff to sabermetrics says baker is much better then graham... Watson too.

You are a HUGE homer. Graham is clearly better than Baker.

Go over to kffl.com and post a thread about who is the better player. I don't think you would be happy with the results.

I hate to break it to you but most NFL fans have never heard of Baker as he sucks.

You are a HUGE homer. Graham is clearly better than Baker.

Go over to kffl.com and post a thread about who is the better player. I don't think you would be happy with the results.

I hate to break it to you but most NFL fans have never heard of Baker as he sucks.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te.php

Apparently these guys are huge Jets homers too.

Who says he's unhappy? He will make nearly $8 million next season to play on a team that has a chance to go to the Super Bowl.

With ZERO signing bonus. That 8 million will do him a lot of good if he tears an ACL during camp. Money in hand -- that's all that counts in the NFL.

He will be unhappy if they don't sign him to a long term deal. Good move for the Pats though. You just couldn't let him walk. Not with the season he had.

Archived