My mock offseason(I have nothing to do tonight)

BoomBoomMancini

I'm being realistic..

unlike Sperm Edwards mock

Cuts

David Barrett-Often injured, not good in coverage, fits cover 2 herm system

Justin McCareins-Stupid Bradway move

Kimo Von Ohelhoffen-Probably retire

Kevan Barlow-Wish we had that 4th round pick

Adrian Jones-Not a good character guy evidently

Curtis Martin-retire

Patrick Ramsey

Rashad Moore-I think Pouha beats him out next year

Eric Barton-Hobson is younger, and the team is committed to him. Vilma is going nowhere

Re-Sign-Anthony Clement-Was solid last year, but unspectacular. Knows the system, and will have some competition

Re-Sign Jerricho Cotchery-Gamble, but if he continues to improve his price will be out of our range

Re-Sign- Victor Hobson-Our ILB of the future IMO. Could ressurect his career like a former Big 10 LB Mike Vrabel

Free Agent signings

Nick Harper-33 years old, but is better in coverage than anyone we have now. A good stop-gap competition guy for Miller.. I don't want a corner in round 1 unless it's Leon Hall.. There really is no guarantee that they will be better than Miller in his third year. Also don't want to overspend for Nate Clements.

Mike Doss-25 year old talented SS to compete with Coleman and Smith. He was injured this year so we could probably get him for a cheap incentive laden contract. Could be a steal.

Eric Steinbach-This is our marquee free agent. By far the best guard out there, should really improve our running game. Could play RT too.

Terrell Sands-High risk High reward. Probably will cost as much as Maake Kemouteau did last year. He is young, massive, and has big time potential. Should be motivated for at least next year.

Jordan Black-Depth at OT, compete with Clement. Started for Cheifs last year

Trade-Pete Kendall to Arizona for 5th round pick-I just think he is going into decline useless stage, like Fabini. Get something for him while we still can.

Draft

1st round-Jarvis Moss,DE/OLB Florida-I think a lot of these mock draft sites overvalue guys like Moss, Carriker, and Spencer. They are almost exclusivly 3-4 players. Most teams run 4-3. Should be there. If not, get Spencer/Moses..

2nd round pick 1- Kenny Irons RB/Auburn-Was good in the senior bowl, and one of the faster backs in the draft. Runningbacks seem to be good safe picks in the draft. Norwood, Jones-Drew, Leon.. Plus we already have a decent back in Leon. Auburn backs have a good rep. I think his stock will go up after the combine.

2nd round pick 2-Anthony Gonzalez WR/Ohio State-May or may not be here, should be picked somewhere in the 2nd round. Coles may not be here for much longer, we need to develop a new core.

3rd round pick-Tim Duckworth G/Auburn-Interesting prospect who is apparently very stout in the running game

5th round pick 1-Scott Chandler, TE Iowa-Productive, 6'7 and can be a steal if available. Could be available, becasue he really has no blocking ability at all right now.

5th round pick 2-Stanley Doughtry-DT, South Carolina-331 pounds good value

6th round pick -Jeff Rowe, QB Nevada- 6'5 225 pounds, and was great in Nevada. Ran a goofy college system though.

7th round pick 1-Marquice Cole, CB Northwestern- All Big 10 a year ago, but had an awful senior campaign(Im a big 10 fan), good size and 4.3-4.4 speed. Project

7th round pick 2- Le'Ron McClain, FB, Alabama-Probably won't be available. If not get some other fullback to compete with Ryan. Mady get him in 6th or early 7th. Rowe and Cole may not be drafted.

Offense

QB-Pennington/Clemens/Rowe

FB-McClain/Ryan

HB-Leon/Irons/Houston

WR-Coles/Cotchery/Gonzalez/Smith/Chandler

OL-D'Brick,Moore/Duckworth, Mangold, Steinbach, Clement/Black

TE- Baker/Chandler/Dearth(longsnapper)

Defense

LE-Ellis

DT-Sands/Doughtry/Pouha

RE-Robertson

ROLB-Thomas

ILB-Vilma

ILB-Hobson

LOLB-J.Moss

CB-Dyson/Miller/Cole

FS-K.Rhodes

SS-M.Doss/E.Coleman/E.Smith

CB-Harper/Coleman/Poteat

absolutely horrible picks. Irons sucks, Gonzales will be available in the third or fourth round and we don't need to take a receiver in the 2nd unless someone really good falls, not really sold on moss either for that matter. Now to your f.a.'s pick-ups. I like most of them. But we need to add a qb if you are getting rid of ramsey. Your cuts are back to a head scratcher. other than ramesey, barrett, and kimo everyone else is staying. I can't complain too much though because I haven't done one yet. But I would keep trying if I were you.

What is so unrealistic about it?

My big FA signings are Sands and Steinbach..

Harper, Doss, and Black aren't going to break the bank

Doss is not an upgrade.

Harper is one of two CB's people are after this off season, and is 32, excuse me while i don't jump for joy in this signing.

Black...i have no idea, nor do i care.

Steinbach is going to be highly sought out, a bunch of teams need good linemen, i'd be all for it if we signed him. I'd almost prefer to draft blalock, either way, we do need a guard.

Sands, i would like to see if he were any good. if NYJ brought him in it could be interesting. again though, we aren't the only team in free agency.

if your draft worked ou thtat we got Gonzo, i'd pretty happy with that, i picture him as the next hines ward.

This is realistic?

Cutting our best ILB with no compensation, who is easily better than Vilma in the 3-4 is realistic? Keeping a reach-ILB-draftee in Schlegel, who barely saw the field, over our best ILB (who also has the added flexibility of being able to play outside more than adequately in 4-3 sets) is realistic to you?

Coles has like $8M left of pro-rated signing bonus left to come off the cap. Yet with Coles & Cotchery securely in place, drafting a WR in round 2 is realistic? And taking a $5-6M cap hit to cut Coles after this season & replace him with a 2nd-year WR is realistic? You believe Mangini giving up on Brad Smith after a rookie season where he saw a lot of game action is realistic?

You think we’re signing a recently-injured (and more expensive than you think) SS, who prior to injury was part of the worst run-stopping team in the NFL, when the coaching staff likes two that we already have (and one of them they just drafted on day one less than a year ago)? This is realistic?

Signing a 33 year-old CB AND drafting a major project at a major hole on the team (instead of filling that hole with a younger stud or high draft pick) is realistic?

Taking puny, barely-200-lb Kenny Irons #37 in the country, when we already have a similar-weight & more compactly-built HB on the roster in Leon Washington, is realistic?

Eric Steinbach is the best guard out there? Rudi Johnson got 3.8ypc last year. Apparently it was the linemen who got injured last year who were more responsible for Rudi's previous success. He may be good, but he won’t be worth the $ it would take to get him.

McClain lasting to round 7 is realistic?

You believe that bringing in a 310-lb tackle who will not be cheap (yet who KC fans despise) to "compete" for the RT position with Clement (who you ALSO want to give a new deal to) is realistic?

You believe that it's realistic that Kimo, with MILLIONS left on his current deal & has given no indication he intends to retire, will suddenly have the desire to do just that?

You believe the team that cut him (even with a new HC, it’s the same GM in Bob Ferguson) suddenly turning around and offering up a high 5th-rounder for a 34 year-old (in July) Pete Kendall is realistic?

You believe that the Jets carrying 1 more CB on the active roster than they did last year is realistic? (You’re cutting Barrett, and adding Harper & Cole).

You think it is realistic for a GM to trade a 4th-round pick for a RB, keep him for 1 season when he played through a leg injury, and then cut him?

And by the way, Rowe didn’t have 1/10 the career at QB at Nevada that Alex VanDyke had at WR there.

If Vilma is so going-nowhere, why did Tangini reach so hard to draft an ILB that was so much the exact opposite of Vilma brings to the table?

You believe it’s realistic for a 6’7 man to play nose tackle? In the 3-4, Sands would play DE if anything. Besides, he's no longer a FA.

You believe that Mangini would want another TE with mediocre blocking skills? And then have that TE in there with one of two teeny HB’s? This is realistic?

You must also think it’s realistic that the magic beans a street hustler sold you will eventually sprout a 5000-ft stalk.

This is realistic?

Cutting our best ILB with no compensation, who is easily better than Vilma in the 3-4 is realistic? Keeping a reach-ILB-draftee in Schlegel, who barely saw the field, over our best ILB (who also has the added flexibility of being able to play outside more than adequately in 4-3 sets) is realistic to you?

Coles has like $8M left of pro-rated signing bonus left to come off the cap. Yet with Coles & Cotchery securely in place, drafting a WR in round 2 is realistic? And taking a $5-6M cap hit to cut Coles after this season & replace him with a 2nd-year WR is realistic? You believe Mangini giving up on Brad Smith after a rookie season where he saw a lot of game action is realistic?

You think we

• 3 years later...
I'm being realistic..

7th round pick 1-Marquice Cole, CB Northwestern- All Big 10 a year ago, but had an awful senior campaign(Im a big 10 fan), good size and 4.3-4.4 speed. Project

BoomBoom called it. Alright he went undrafted and saw stints on the Raiders, Titans and Saints, but the guy actually played for the Jets last year. Can't believe I was searching around from some old post and came across this.