NOT EXACTLY FREE...JETS MUST DECIDE IF THEY'LL BE BIG SPENDERS

SoFlaJets

So wouldn't that put RB pretty high up on the priority list?

I agree that RB is pretty high up on the priority list. Maybe more than these guys that are convinced that RB is a plug and play easy to find position. I put DE first w/o doubt. The RT/CB/RB are pretty close for me. I probably put it after RT and with Barrett and likely cap casualty I'd like another CB. I agree they will not go into camp without adding somebody with a legit opportunity to beat out either Houston or Barlow. I still don't think we need to use a 1st on a back or trade the pick for Turner. I'm not really against Turner, but I'm far from convinced that they'll plug him in and have an instant 1,500 yard rusher. Barlow might not be too bad if his injury is really what slowed him and Leon is a nice platoon/3rd down back.

I think it is a must that we fill at least 2 holes in free agency:

OG, RT, RB, RDE, OLB, CB

Fill at least 2 of these holes in free agency and we'd be in very good position in the draft to do whatever we so pleased (trading up etc etc)

I'd like to see us fill the CB hole in free agency moreso than any other position, as drafting corners is very hit and miss.

OG, RT, RB, RDE, OLB, CB

Fill at least 2 of these holes in free agency and we'd be in very good position in the draft to do whatever we so pleased (trading up etc etc)

I'd like to see us fill the CB hole in free agency moreso than any other position, as drafting corners is very hit and miss.

I want Thomas...

OG, RT, RB, RDE, OLB, CB

problem with getting a corner this year is clements is pricey, and every team that is in any sort of contention needs help at Corner. Its just a tough market with a lot of teams having 20 plus mil in cap space.

I really hope we can land that SOB, we'd be sitting real good for next year, regardless of the rB situation. you know the saying...Defense wins.....

problem with getting a corner this year is clements is pricey, and every team that is in any sort of contention needs help at Corner. Its just a tough market with a lot of teams having 20 plus mil in cap space.

I really hope we can land that SOB, we'd be sitting real good for next year, regardless of the rB situation. you know the saying...Defense wins.....

No corner is worth what Clements is gonna get. Give Thomas the money. He fits our team PERFECTLY.

I want Thomas...

He'd be a great fit.

But at his age, I'd have to ask myself, at what price? He's gonna want his last big payday, and he'll want at least 5 years and $$$$$ up the wazoo.

Not to mention, the draft has produced some excellent 3-4 olbs in recent years, and this year looks no different.

He'd be a great fit.

But at his age, I'd have to ask myself, at what price? He's gonna want his last big payday, and he'll want at least 5 years and $$$$$ up the wazoo.

Not to mention, the draft has produced some excellent 3-4 olbs in recent years, and this year looks no different.

He'll be 30 next season. I'd give him 5 years IN TWO SECONDS and he'd earn his money in the first 3 years of that deal.

I think its an argument of wanting A.) stop the run, or B.) run the ball

teams need to do both, and i think he was addressing the D first, which is ok in my eyes. I really don't think a RB will help us as much as you might think. Our line is still mediocure, and the safeties will still be up cause pennington's deep ball is pretty bad...

Yes, that's exactly what I was doing. I was addressing the D and particularly both sides of the line. Because if you don't have an offensive line it isn't going to matter who is running the ball, and right now our right side of the line is not good enough. And if you watched the Patriots playoff game and saw how they just kept pounding away over and over right down the middle of our run defense and don't think we need at least one or two better guys on that line, you're sadly mistaken..

Archived