Payrod is a loser and he will never win anything.

Smizzy

Payrod = Charles Barkley

A loud mouth loser who doesn't have what it takes to be a champion. He can only make excuses why he chokes every postseason.

**** you Payrod. You willl never ever in your life be the baseball player Jeter is.

He needs to be traded right this minute.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dude, ARod is so much better than Jeter that it's laughable. He just chokes in the clutch. He is the MLB version of Peyton Manning.

That is such a loser mentality. if he was so great, why has he floundered in NY?

Dude, ARod is so much better than Jeter that it's laughable. He just chokes in the clutch. He is the MLB version of Peyton Manning.

I agree with you, I mean it sucks to agree with you becuase I really dislike you lately :) but I completely agree.

AROD is a great baseball player, he was alomst even with the Mets 3rd baseman last year in stats (who got TONS of praise) and yet he was bashed all year long... lay off the guy and let him play.. keep bustin his balls and he will keep not being able to play..

When we got Arod (the MVP from Texas)

2003 - the year before the Yanks got him when he was MVP in Texas

hitting .298

had 118 RBI's

a .396 OBP

451 OUTS that year

In 2006

hit .290 (.08)

121 RBI's (more RBI's)

.392 OBP (.04 less)

436 outs in 06'

His numbers havent dropped much from what we wanted out of the guy (the MVP from Texas) his HR's have been up and down, either on par or off by about 10.

He was actually OUT less in 06' when everyone was going crazy saying he cant hit anymore...

People who bash Arod are merely caught up in the media hype and dont really see what he does for the team, no watching Sportscenter does not count.

That is such a loser mentality. if he was so great, why has he floundered in NY?

It's a loser mentality to say ARod is a great player? Or to dare say that ARod is better than Baseball Jesus himself, Derek Jeter? I fail to see where you're coming from.

I think this thread, and the the press's obsession with whether A-rod and jeter like each other, are complete crap.

Either A-rod helps to win a World Series with the Yankees or he opts out at year's end.

As for being a loudmouth, if you heard the press conference, what is he supposed to do-walk away and say nothing?He was polite as could be in the face of a bunch of whiny a-holes trying to goad him into saying somethings tupid. He deals with that every day. So if he blows them off, then the press poke him some more?

Everything else is BS, smoke and mirrors. Let's revisit this the last week this in October. As I said in another thread, Yankee fans are embarrassing themselves engaging in this nonsense. Take a look around at other 3rd basemen in MLB. Let me know, spare David Wright, who might be better than A-rod. And I'd expect Wright won't have as good a season as a A-rod.

Stop the booing.

Stop the stupid gay "Jeter doesn't like him!'.Kinda missed Jeter leading the Yankees to victory since 2000. Unless you're a supermodel, Jeter doesn't want to hang with you either.

And may be Jeter and Torre can get over themselves long eough to be civil and polite to the best 3rd baseman in MLB. Unless they really think some Scott Brosius-type would really be preferable. Explain how you replace 35/110/.295/100 runs.

If they don't win this year, they'll find out, except if they lose Torre's done. I really don't understand how if the selling point of Joe Torre mismanaging the bullpen year after year is his supposed great management of egos, when he's pretty much shat the bed in this most important ego management situation.

You mean Jeter is so much better than ARod it's laughable. If you want meaningless fantasy #s or that big HR when up or down 7 runs in the 9th then ARod is your guy, if you want a guy whoc omes through when you need him then Jeter is your guy. I want the clutch player, I want Brady over Manning(though manning FINALLY came through this year so maybe there is hope for ARod?) and I want Jeter over ARod. The worst thing to ever happen to the Yankees was Aaron boone hurting himself in a pickup basketball game or else we never would have gotten ARod and likely would have at leats another AL crown by now.

ARod is 4 for 41(.097) w/ ZERO RBI since Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS. Are you kidding me?

I agree with you, I mean it sucks to agree with you becuase I really dislike you lately :) but I completely agree.

AROD is a great baseball player, he was alomst even with the Mets 3rd baseman last year in stats (who got TONS of praise) and yet he was bashed all year long... lay off the guy and let him play.. keep bustin his balls and he will keep not being able to play..

It's not about fantasy #s, most o ARo's "great" numbers come in meaningless situations.

People who bash Arod are merely caught up in the media hype and dont really see what he does for the team, no watching Sportscenter does not count.

4 for 41(.097), ZERO RBI since Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS(12 games). We bash him b/c he NEVER comes through when we need him to.

It's not about fantasy #s, most o ARo's "great" numbers come in meaningless situations.

4 for 41(.097), ZERO RBI since Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS(12 games). We bash him b/c he NEVER comes through when we need him to.

Can you tell me about what Jeter has done in the playoffs since 2000? And do you discount A-rod beating the Twins and Johan Santana by himself?

Again, when then Yanks are auditioning some .250-hitting hack at 3b, then you'll see how shortsighted this whole thing has become.

You mean Jeter is so much better than ARod it's laughable. If you want meaningless fantasy #s or that big HR when up or down 7 runs in the 9th then ARod is your guy, if you want a guy whoc omes through when you need him then Jeter is your guy. I want the clutch player, I want Brady over Manning(though manning FINALLY came through this year so maybe there is hope for ARod?) and I want Jeter over ARod. The worst thing to ever happen to the Yankees was Aaron boone hurting himself in a pickup basketball game or else we never would have gotten ARod and likely would have at leats another AL crown by now.

ARod is 4 for 41(.097) w/ ZERO RBI since Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS. Are you kidding me?

Give ARod a break. Not everyone can have great playoff success like Herman Edwards.

I seem to remember in the summer of 2005, Derek Jeter grounded out two consecutive nights to end the game with the tying runner on base. I guess intangibles were not enough to save him against the mighty Brewers. What does that matter? Two meaningless regular season games? It shows that Jeter, unfortunately, is a mere mortal. And the idea of him being the clutchest son of a bitch to ever come out of a vagina (not clutcher than Jesus, although this is arguable) is pure bull****.

Jeter's career #s with RISP/2 outs: .308/.413/.439/.852

ARod's career #'s with RISP/2 outs: .313/.495/.475/.970

How about the 2001 ALCS and WS? Remember, that magical stretch where Jetes went 6 of 44 (.136) with ONE extra-base hit? Holy ****, that was ****ing clutch. Much better than ****ty ARod.

ARod's OBP in his last two postseason series: .257

Jeter's OBP in the 2001 ALCS and WS: .174

If only ARod could ever be so clutch.

I think Arod had this (Jeter relationship) on his mind during the offseason, and he just wanted to get it out there before the season started. So by the time the first pitch is thrown, it's a non-issue.

What surprises me is that is was on Arod's mind to begin with. Shut up and play ball. That's why you're here. The monkey is on your back until you produce in October.

Give ARod a break. Not everyone can have great playoff success like Herman Edwards.

I seem to remember in the summer of 2005, Derek Jeter grounded out two consecutive nights to end the game with the tying runner on base. I guess intangibles were not enough to save him against the mighty Brewers. What does that matter? Two meaningless regular season games? It shows that Jeter, unfortunately, is a mere mortal. And the idea of him being the clutchest son of a bitch to ever come out of a vagina (not clutcher than Jesus, although this is arguable) is pure bull****.

How about the 2001 ALCS and WS? Remember, that magical stretch where Jetes went 6 of 44 (.136) with ONE extra-base hit? Holy ****, that was ****ing clutch. Much better than ****ty ARod.

Derek Jeter is a career .370 hitter in the postseason. Arod is like .260. You picked one or two series in which Jeter didnt hit well. Just because Jeter is clutch doesnt mean he will come through in EVERY situation in EVERY series. Thats a tad too much to expect from any human being dont you think?

At the end of the day only a fool would take AROD over Jeter in a big at bat with a game on the line. I like AROD and want him to succeed very much, but you cant help but admit the guy is a flat out mental midget right now. I can carless about his fantasy stats, hit the darn ball in the playoffs.

Derek Jeter is a career .370 hitter in the postseason. Arod is like .260. You picked one or two series in which Jeter didnt hit well. Just because Jeter is clutch doesnt mean he will come through in EVERY situation in EVERY series. Thats a tad too much to expect from any human being dont you think?

At the end of the day only a fool would take AROD over Jeter in a big at bat with a game on the line. I like AROD and want him to succeed very much, but you cant help but admit the guy is a flat out mental midget right now. I can carless about his fantasy stats, hit the darn ball in the playoffs.

Your reasoning right there is why this team could struggle this year.

Nothing A-Rod does in the regular season is going to suffice the Yankee fan.

He could hit 52 HR's drive in 124-150 runs and I can guarantee you the first time he fails in a big spot the fans and the media and maybe even some of his teammates will be all over him.

The media is not going to let this go. The Yanks haven't played a game in what 4 or 5 months and the first day back its the SOS.

It could make a very long and raucous summer.

Bottom line is this.

People handle pressure in different ways. Some you have to coddle and tell them how great they are (A-Rod). Some you have to boot in the @ss to get their best.

If Torre hasn't figured out A-Rod yet he never will. It is a bad mix and needs to be taken of one way or the other this season.

Do you fail to see the irony here? People are crucifying ARod because of his failures in the last two postseason series'. Jeter has done that too. WHEN THE STAKES WERE EVEN HIGHER. ARod is the devil incarnate because he ****s the bed in two ALDS's, but Jeter gets a free pass for doing absolutely nothing in an ALCS and World Series? Only a fool would not see that there is a double-standard here.

BTW, Jeter is a .313 postseason hitter, but what's 57 points anyways? He makes up the difference with his steely determination and ravishing good looks.

Can you tell me about what Jeter has done in the playoffs since 2000? And do you discount A-rod beating the Twins and Johan Santana by himself?

Again, when then Yanks are auditioning some .250-hitting hack at 3b, then you'll see how shortsighted this whole thing has become.

ARod had one big series against minny, an inferior team. Since then he has been an embarrassment and against Santana ARod had ZERO RBI though his walk and stolen base set up the Game 4 big 5th inning but again he has been an embarrassment since.

as for jeter, if he never gets another big hit that's Ok b/c he's already done more than enough BUT he has continued to play well and get big hits for us.

His only "bad" postseason was 2001 and he was hurt during the ALDS falling into the photographers box making a huge catch for us, he also had the flip play and hit a GW HR in the WS. he was "bad" but still had better #s than ARod since that twins series. In '02 he hit .500 against Anaheim, in '03 he hit the tying Hr in the fight game against Boston then got us started in the 8th in game 7, in '05 he did everything he could against LAA but Alex kept screwing things up and last year he hit .500 against detroit. Jeter is a .314 lifetime postseason hitter, ARod .280(.241 as a Yankee).

I seem to remember in the summer of 2005, Derek Jeter grounded out two consecutive nights to end the game with the tying runner on base

you are comparing a regular season game in 2005 in the mid of the season to playoff games?

Of course he's not going to come through in every situation but he comes through more than enough, ARod doesn't have to come through in every situation but he has to more than once very 1015 chances like he does now.

What that stat doesn't tell you is what the score was, for ARod it was likely 9-1 Yanks and he comes through w/ the "big hit" w/ 2 out.

He got hurt in the LDS making a great play and even when not hitting consitently he still made plays and had big hits such as hus GW HR in Game 4 of the WS. ARod when struggling doesn't even have a moment to look back on.

ARod's RBI in his last 2 postseason series: ZERO

Jeter's RBI in the '01 LCS and WS: 3

Do you fail to see the irony here? People are crucifying ARod because of his failures in the last two postseason series'. Jeter has done that too. WHEN THE STAKES WERE EVEN HIRE. ARod is the devil incarnate because he ****s the bed in two ALDS's, but Jeter gets a free pass for doing absolutely nothing in an ALCS and World Series? Only a fool would not see that there is a double-standard here.

BTW, Jeter is a .313 postseason hitter, but what's 57 points anyways? He makes up the difference with his steely determination and ravishing good looks.

Jeter hit .500 against det last year, where was he failing like ARod? Jeter did all he could in '05 to beat LAA and ARod killed us time after time after time- where did Jeter hold us back then?

Right. i looked at his division series avg. My mistake.

Again, Jeter has had numerous big moments in the postseason with his bat and glove so he is not going to get grilled when he has a hiccup here and there. There is no irony or double standard here, when you play in as many post season series as Jeter has you wont come through in every series in every spot.

you are comparing a regular season game in 2005 in the mid of the season to playoff games?

No I wasn't. I guess I should have mentioned that in my original post. Oh, wait...I did. I wonder why you didn't quote that part.:yawn:

Of course he's not going to come through in every situation but he comes through more than enough, ARod doesn't have to come through in every situation but he has to more than once very 1015 chances like he does now.

Nice hyperbole. But, as I posted, it's more like 3 of every 10 times, but unlike Jeter, with more power.

What that stat doesn't tell you is what the score was, for ARod it was likely 9-1 Yanks and he comes through w/ the "big hit" w/ 2 out.

Little known fact: Of Alex Rodriguez's 464 career home runs, 237 of them came in 9-1 games in which his team was losing. 205 came when his team was winning 9-1. 12 came in the ninth inning of a game in which his team was losing in a non-save situation. 9 were in the second inning of a game in which his team was winning by 5. The other one was a walk-off. A CLUTCH walk-off.

He got hurt in the LDS making a great play and even when not hitting consitently he still made plays and had big hits such as hus GW HR in Game 4 of the WS. ARod when struggling doesn't even have a moment to look back on.

He had an OBP of .174. I have seen Neifi Perez hit a walk-off home run before. It's what I like to call "dumb luck". Bottom line is that Jeter ****ing sucked in 2001 and was dragging the team down.

ARod's RBI in his last 2 postseason series: ZERO

Jeter's RBI in the '01 LCS and WS: 3

Jeter: 47 PA, 3 RBI

ARod: 35 PA, 0 RBI

Give a guy with a career .959 OPS (only .108 better than Jeter) 12 extra at-bats to get a measley 3 ****ing RBI and something tells me there is a chance he might actually reach the gargantuan number.

Retorts in bold.

No I wasn't. I guess I should have mentioned that in my original post. Oh, wait...I did. I wonder why you didn't quote that part

You still brought up a meaningless reg season game.

Nice hyperbole. But, as I posted, it's more like 3 of every 10 times, but unlike Jeter, with more power.

Outside of Minny 2004 show me 3 times total he has come through for us in postseason?

He had an OBP of .174. I have seen Neifi Perez hit a walk-off home run before. It's what I like to call "dumb luck". Bottom line is that Jeter ****ing sucked in 2001 and was dragging the team down.

he still came through a few times, ARod has ZERO RBI since Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS. ZERO!!!!!!!!!!! We don't get to the LCS or WS w/o the flip play at Oak and w/o his dive into the camera box where he got hurt.

Jeter: 47 PA, 3 RBI

ARod: 35 PA, 0 RBI

So you think in those next 13 PA's ARod would get 3 RBI when he had ZERO in 35? By the way in ARod's last 41 PA's he has ZERO RBI.

Give a guy with a career .959 OPS (only .108 better than Jeter) 12 extra at-bats to get a measley 3 ****ing RBI and something tells me there is a chance he might actually reach the gargantuan number.

41 PA's since Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS and ZERO RBI from an RBI guy, Jeter is NOT an RBI guy he'sa guy who gets on base so guys like ARod can drive him in but ARod can't do it.

Jeter hit .500 against det last year, where was he failing like ARod? Jeter did all he could in '05 to beat LAA and ARod killed us time after time after time- where did Jeter hold us back then?

You are missing the point entirely.

Two postseason failures do not make a career. How did ARod do against Minnesota in 2004? Was he holding the team back then? ARod sure crushed the Yanks chances against Boston in '04, whenever he hit 58 points higher than Jeter, and out OPS'd Jeter by a mere 328 points. 328 points. You know how big that is? That's roughly the difference between Albert Pujols and Juan Pierre. And you are saying that I am a moron for taking Pujols.

Retorts in bold.

Here is the problem with 2001

Jeter hit 444 against Oakland in the LDS. He also saved the season for the Yankees with the flip play to Posada. If he doesn't make that play not only does Oakland tie the game but most likely wins the series as well.

Then look at the World Series. The Yanks got blown out in 3 of their four losses. Who starts the Yankee comeback in game 7 ? Jeter starts it off with a base hit and scores and scores on a Tino single. Soriano homers in the 8th and Rivera blows it in the ninth. So just exactly how did Jeter bring the Yankees down in the World Series when the only guy that hit in the entire series was O'Neill ?

Two postseason failures do not make a career. How did ARod do against Minnesota in 2004? Was he holding the team back then? ARod sure crushed the Yanks chances against Boston in '04, whenever he hit 58 points higher than Jeter, and out OPS'd Jeter by a mere 328 points. 328 points. You know how big that is? That's roughly the difference between Albert Pujols and Juan Pierre. And you are saying that I am a moron for taking Pujols.

2 postseason failures? The man is 4 for 41 w/ ZERO RBI since Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS. That's 2+ series and 12 games. Eveen in Seattle he had a good average but I think he got 2-3 hits w/ RISP in his postseason career in Seattle. he's not a clutch player, he's not mentally tough enough yet. Peyton Manning was in the same boat until the AFC Title Game and he came through finally so there's hope for ARod but he needs to do it this year in October. He has to come through for us. I want him to, I am a yankee fan but it has been so frustrating watching him the last 3 years.

A-Rod was 2-17 in those 4 losses to the Sox, He was awful against the Tigers and the Angels as well.

The thing is is that with each post season series he has gotten worse. Does it mean he sucks ? No it does say something though about how the guy is handling the pressure now. If you couldn't see how the guy was pressing last year against the Tigers then you didn't watch the series.

I think when he hangs it up A-Rod will still be an all-time great. I just don't think it is going to be as a Yankee. He wants so desperately to be accepted by his teammates and he tries so hard to please them that it is backfiring in the worst way.

2 postseason failures? The man is 4 for 41 w/ ZERO RBI since Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS. That's 2+ series and 12 games. Eveen in Seattle he had a good average but I think he got 2-3 hits w/ RISP in his postseason career in Seattle. he's not a clutch player, he's not mentally tough enough yet. Peyton Manning was in the same boat until the AFC Title Game and he came through finally so there's hope for ARod but he needs to do it this year in October. He has to come through for us. I want him to, I am a yankee fan but it has been so frustrating watching him the last 3 years.

I am not arguing that ARod is a clutch player. Thus far in his career, he has not been. I'm arguing that insinuating that Derek Jeter is BETTER than ARod is ludicrous. I brought up Jeter's postseason failures to illustrate that **** happens. Everyone struggles now and then. A player as good as ARod is in the regular season is bound to eventually come through whenever it matters the most. The guy could end up the most prolific player in the history of baseball. 41 consecutive awful at-bats do not make Derek Jeter a better ballplayer than him. It's just ridiculous to me that people want to blame all the failures of the Yankees on Alex Rodriguez. Last time I checked, the Jeter-led Yankees hadn't won jack **** the previous three seasons before ARod got there. I don't even like ARod. Not one iota. I am just tired of everyone pinning the blame squarely on his shoulders.

A-Rod was 2-17 in those 4 losses to the Sox, He was awful against the Tigers and the Angels as well.

The thing is is that with each post season series he has gotten worse. Does it mean he sucks ? No it does say something though about how the guy is handling the pressure now. If you couldn't see how the guy was pressing last year against the Tigers then you didn't watch the series.

I think when he hangs it up A-Rod will still be an all-time great. I just don't think it is going to be as a Yankee. He wants so desperately to be accepted by his teammates and he tries so hard to please them that it is backfiring in the worst way.

You said in another post that the Yanks would have never made it to the 2001 WS if it wasn't for Jeter's flip in the ALDS. The Yanks wouldn't have made it to the 2004 ALCS if not for ARod's performance against Minnesota.

He definitely has mental issues come October. But he has produced in the past. I have a hard time believing a player of his caliber will continue to turn out 0-phers in the postseason. It just doesn't make sense to me. He has it until Game 4 against Boston and then he loses it forever? I don't buy it. He will snap out of it, whether it comes in a Yankee uniform or not. Hopefully the latter.

You said in another post that the Yanks would have never made it to the 2001 WS if it wasn't for Jeter's flip in the ALDS. The Yanks wouldn't have made it to the 2004 ALCS if not for ARod's performance against Minnesota.

He definitely has mental issues come October. But he has produced in the past. I have a hard time believing a player of his caliber will continue to turn out 0-phers in the postseason. It just doesn't make sense to me. He has it until Game 4 against Boston and then he loses it forever? I don't buy it. He will snap out of it, whether it comes in a Yankee uniform or not. Hopefully the latter.

Diffrence is though Jeter's flip ignited them to the 2001 WS. A-Rod's performance only got them to the ALCS and was part of the greatetst collpase/chokejob in MLB history and it has built from there.

I agree with you though. A-Rod when all is said and done will probably be a Top 10 or 20 all time and will probably be wearing a different uniform next year. Jeter will a a first ballot HOF'er but probably won't sniff the top 100.

Unless he snaps out of it I think A-Rod opts out after this season and moves on.

looking back wouldn't you rather have lost in the ALDS than blow a 3-0 lead in the ALCS to Boston?

Archived