Payrod is a loser and he will never win anything.

Smizzy

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't like Jeter, I have no reason not to like him. I just think he gets way to much undeserved credit.

Jeter is the most underrated player in the game mainly b/c so mnay Yankee haters think he is overrated but if they watched him every day or if he was on their team they would realize just how great he is just like in the past 3 years I have come to see that ARod is not nearly as good as people think he is. people see the highlights and the meaningless #s and assume he is great but watching him every day he doesn't compare to Jeter.

Jeter is the most underrated player in the game mainly b/c so mnay Yankee haters think he is overrated but if they watched him every day or if he was on their team they would realize just how great he is just like in the past 3 years I have come to see that ARod is not nearly as good as people think he is. people see the highlights and the meaningless #s and assume he is great but watching him every day he doesn't compare to Jeter.

I am a yankee fan and I do watch them a lot. I still think too many people give him all the credit when it is up to him to carry the team like every says he does, we lose.

I am a yankee fan and I do watch them a lot. I still think too many people give him all the credit when it is up to him to carry the team like every says he does, we lose.

it's hard for any player to carry a team but Jeter was in the middle of so many big innings for the yanks during the dynasty years, 2 years ago he did all he could against LAA but mainly ARod let everyone down, last year he hit .500 and tried all he could but no one helped. There's onyl so much 1 player can do, he needs help especially from a player w/ ARod's ability. If Arod played anywhere near his capabilities in october we wouldn't have lost our last 2 series'.

it's hard for any player to carry a team but Jeter was in the middle of so many big innings for the yanks during the dynasty years, 2 years ago he did all he could against LAA but mainly ARod let everyone down, last year he hit .500 and tried all he could but no one helped. There's onyl so much 1 player can do, he needs help especially from a player w/ ARod's ability. If Arod played anywhere near his capabilities in october we wouldn't have lost our last 2 series'.

I'm just saying, people act like he is the jesus of baseball, so I judge him by those standards. The way people praise him he should be able to go out there by himself and win a world series.

NYPOST:

While Damon got heavier, Alex Rodriguez shed a dozen pounds and shaved the body fat to nine percent from 16 percent.

"I did a little bit of everything,'' said Rodriguez, who spent the winter working out at the University of Miami. "I feel more comfortable this year compared to all spring last year.''

Rodriguez played at 242 pounds a year ago with a chest that would have looked normal on an NFL linebacker. Looking back on a season when he often blocked himself swinging the bat, Rodriguez wished he hadn't gotten so big. "It was a mistake,'' admitted Rodriguez, who hit .290 with 35 homers and 121 RBIs. "I am back to my days in Texas when I was light on my feet. I didn't like the way I felt all of last year. I was too big and it was too hard to move around. It was hard to steal bases and everything became that much tougher."

Sounds like Alex is geared up for his 2nd MVP year as a Yank.

Are you f'ing kidding?

Jeter is by far the most overrated player in the game today. His defense is average at best. When you have to set-up deeper to compensate for being slow, that makes you below average.

He is a decent hitter, but if he was not in NY and surrounded by a billion dollars in talent, he would be just another good player.

Are you f'ing kidding?

Jeter is by far the most overrated player in the game today. His defense is average at best. When you have to set-up deeper to compensate for being slow, that makes you below average.

He is a decent hitter, but if he was not in NY and surrounded by a billion dollars in talent, he would be just another good player.

If by another good player you mean a first ballot hall of famer then yea he's just another first ballot hall of famer.

If by another good player you mean a first ballot hall of famer then yea he's just another first ballot hall of famer.

I guess you missed the part in his post where he said IF JETER DID NOT PLAY FOR THE YANKEES.

Is Jeter a Hall of Famer if he spends his career in Kansas City, getting protection from Angel Berroa? **** no.

I guess you missed the part in his post where he said IF JETER DID NOT PLAY FOR THE YANKEES.

Is Jeter a Hall of Famer if he spends his career in Kansas City, getting protection from Angel Berroa? **** no.

You could put anyone else in that situation and the result would be the same as Jeter.

If you put anyone in KC they are not going to the the HOF. Ortiz, Bonds, Ramirez, Soriano it doesn't matter. If you don't have talent around your nubmers are going to suffer.

Are you f'ing kidding?

When people say he is overrated that's what makes him overrated. As a Pat fan you should relaize this b/c many people make the same mistake w/ Tom Brady and I think Brady is underrated b/c of it.

His stats say that he's a first ballot hall of famer no matter what team he would've played for. If anything he's UNDERRATED because of all the winning he's done.

You could put anyone else in that situation and the result would be the same as Jeter.

If you put anyone in KC they are not going to the the HOF. Ortiz, Bonds, Ramirez, Soriano it doesn't matter. If you don't have talent around your nubmers are going to suffer.

Not really. The numbers from situations where players transfer teams normalized over any large sample size shows that who hits around a player in a lineup has very little impact on their meaningful stats.

Not really. The numbers from situations where players transfer teams normalized over any large sample size shows that who hits around a player in a lineup has very little impact on their meaningful stats.

Here is what I know.

You take a David Ortiz and instead of having Manny in front of him you have Reggie Sanders, Ortiz doesn't come near the numbers he goes back to being the mediocre player he was in Minnesota.

Either way the Royals are still a 100 loss team.

Now if you want to say put them on team that might be on cusp of the playoffs. (Philly, Dodgers, Braves) they probably are playing in the post season.

You put Jeter on the Red Sox with guys Ortiz and Manny they are probably the favorites to win the AL. You put Ortiz with the Yankees they are probably favored to win the AL.

It all depends on the talent around you. One guy is not the entire team.

A players' meaningful stats are not affected by who hits around them.

But, the other day you said Mussinas numbers would be a lot better in th eplayoffs if he got support.

Of course, of course, of course a players stats are reflective of the playres around them.

Why do you think fans and media talk so much about line-ups and who should hit where. You try to create the best matchups for your players and the players around them.

Mike, that was not a smart statement.

But, the other day you said Mussinas numbers would be a lot better in th eplayoffs if he got support.

His wins # would be better is what mike was referring to I believe.

But mike doesnt thing wins is a meaningful stat and it isnt if you look at Randy Johnsons 17 wins last year, you'd think he was a very good pitcher if you thought wins was a meaingful stat. But it isnt.

Of course, of course, of course a players stats are reflective of the playres around them.

Why do you think fans and media talk so much about line-ups and who should hit where. You try to create the best matchups for your players and the players around them.

Mike, that was not a smart statement.

You just compared a PITCHER'S stats to a hitters in some crazy way and you say I made a dumb statement? LMAO.

Your statement makes no sense on any level. Mussina's MEANINGFUL playoff stats are perfectly fine.

But mike doesnt thing wins is a meaningful stat and it isnt if you look at Randy Johnsons 17 wins last year, you'd think he was a very good pitcher if you thought wins was a meaingful stat. But it isnt.

Good job Barton I think you're learning! Any stat (Like wins) that is team Dependant is a meaningless stat.

You just compared a PITCHER'S stats to a hitters in some crazy way and you say I made a dumb statement? LMAO.

Your statement makes no sense on any level. Mussina's MEANINGFUL playoff stats are perfectly fine.

So a pitcher is NOT a player?

OK. I think we can end this right now.

And I guess wins are NOt a meaningful stat? Yeesh.

So a pitcher is NOT a player?

OK. I think we can end this right now.

And I guess wins are NOt a meaningful stat? Yeesh.

Pitcher's stats are a completely different animal then position players. If you don't know that then you don't know baseball.

Yes. Wins are a completely meaningless stat.

Which player did a better job for his team?

Pitcher A 17-9 (32 starts) with a 5.40 era and a WHIP of 1.36 The team was 22-10 in his starts

or

Pitcher B 12-12 (32 starts) with an era of 3.20 and a WHIP 1.05? The team was 16-16 in his starts?

Pitcher's stats are a completely different animal then position players. If you don't know that then you don't know baseball.

Yes. Wins are a completely meaningless stat.

Nof"inhg kidding.

Your statement was that PLAYERS stats ARE NOT dependent of others around them.

Good God you have a tough time staying on topic.

Which player did a better job for his team?

Pitcher A 17-9 (32 starts) with a 5.40 era and a WHIP of 1.36 The team was 22-10 in his starts

or

Pitcher B 12-12 (32 starts) with an era of 3.20 and a WHIP 1.05? The team was 16-16 in his starts?

From those limited stats it's clearly pitcher B.

Nof"inhg kidding.

Your statement was that PLAYERS stats ARE NOT dependent of others around them.

Good God you have a tough time staying on topic.

LOL if you are stupid enough to think that i would say that about pitchers then fine but anyone who knows anything about baseball stats and how to read them knows that you don't talk about Pitchers and Hitters stats in the same context.

This is the post and it CLEARLY says that it's a HITTER. Not a pitcher.

Answer the question.

I forget, exactly what TEAM stat is it that MLB uses to determine standings?

This isn't about STANDINGS pal. This is about evaluating individual players and team stats like wins are useless for that. I honestly don't feel like teaching you how to look at stats so if you want to learn something i'm sure you'll be able to find some info on google or the like.

Archived