For my fellow Yankees fans out there

There is only one way, and one way only, that the Yankees can return to their greatness stretch they had between 1996-2001.

Stop signing 10 free agents every off-season.

We need to take players up from the farm and lower-grade type FA's who are team players and good influences in the club house to the younger players and the team. Keep guys like A-Rod and Hideki, but guys like Giambi-Sheffield-Womack-Wright-Brown...we don't need these a$$holes.

There was no real need to go out there and get Randy Johnson was there? Javier Vazquez could've been dumped. Wang and Brad Hasley, who is currently pitching very well for Arizona, could've been in the rotation instead of Wright and Johnson. We could've re-signe Jon Lieber and El Duque, imagine this rotation:

1) Jon Lieber

2) Carl Pavano (maybe--not too sure yet)

3) Mike Mussina

4) El Duque

5) Brad Hasley

6) Chin Mieng Wang (he'd get up there in some way)

Now on paper, that isn't even close to the rotation we have now because there is no Randy Johnson but that rotation would produce better numbers. You don't always need the star players to win, us Yankees fans have seen that when we saw our Yankees win 4 of 5 World Series. True Yankees are what we need. When Bernie is most likely done at the end of this season, do you really want to see Johnny Damon signed? I know I don't, I want Bubba Crosby to take over CF. When Tino retires at the end of this season and Giambi is caught with roids again, do you want to sign some over-rated high priced FA? I don't. I want Andy Phillips starting at 3B. Tony Womack...he's a good player for the bases but anyone could run the damn bases. Isn't there somebody at AAA that can be given a shot?

We all know George will try to dig deep into his wallet and sign some FA pitcher like AJ Burnett this off-season, and chances are he probably will sign him, but that is not a need, although I would sort of like that signing because he isn't a big-name type of guy.

I also would like to say that I really wish we could've kept Andy Pettite, that was the worst decision that George could've made in these years without a championship was letting Dandy Andy go.

Imagine a rotation today like this:

1) Andy Pettite

2) Jon Lieber

3) Carl Pavano

4) Mike Mussina

5) Brad Hasley / Chin Mien Wang / El Duque

Lord knows I would love that.

Case in point George and fellow Yankee fans:

Get the players from OUR system instead fo 20 million dollar a year over-rated crybabys. If you're going to sign FA's, sign a couple, not 10, and make sure they're team players who are a good influence on the young players and in the clubhouse.

I for one don't want to see another Kevin Brown or Jason Giambi come in this ball club's direction.

Good idea 124. There's only one problem to your master plan:

The Yankees don't have anyone in their farm system worth a damn! Go ahead and dump the big salaries, but unfortunately, the youngsters in the Yankees' system will not give the Yankees a chance to compete in the AL East.

Archived