What are u listening to right now?

I concur. It's subpar but tell you the truth I've been waiting for something new for so long from them that I'll take what I can get at this point. Such is life with bands you love.

Whenever I listen to Mirrored now, all I feel is sadness. I was really looking forward to seeing where they'd go next and then Braxton left the band for solo BS.

Tonto FTW. This is still one of the toughest videos of recent memory, just straight awesomeness from 2:45 on. So hard to find bands that sound this tight nowadays.

There you go CTM. I've never heard this before and liked it a lot. Liked the slowdown a la say MMW Bubblehouse without the build back up, at the end too!

Edited by HessStation

Phish playing stevie wonder's Boogie on Reggae Women.. sounds kind of sh*tty, but i was front row this show :D

Probably thee greatest dance song of all time being played to an arena full of people who can't dance. :P

And don't tell me different I've been to enough of these shows.

Edited by HessStation

yea I know but I've heard their versions and they don't compare-Gregg's soulful singing and Duane's guitar work...

I've got no dog in this fight, I've just know deadheads talk about jerry singing/playing mourning dew as if it was the voice of yahweh himself.

I'm a dead fan and all, but laugh at most deadheads who worship them

Edited by CTM

I've got no dog in this fight, I've just know deadheads talk about jerry singing/playing mourning dew as if it was the voice of yahweh himself.

I'm a dead fan and all, but laugh at most deadheads who worship them

I sorta grew up around the dead. An older sibling who was sorta quasi deadhead and close friends who were pretty hardcore dead which later turned into phish for the most part. Morning Dew is a great tune and I personally don't think the Allman's version touches some of the Dead's live versions...and I've probably heard them all...and that's with me barely ever actually playing a tape or cd myself lol. But like I mentioned, between one of my older siblings, kids in the neighborhood, the multiple acid trips with hometown buddies, I'm proabably the closest thing to a non-deadhead Grateful Dead aficianado, lol. Put it this way because I've shared/combined harddrives with a few close friends, and bc of that I have a sh*tload of live dead and phish on my ipod. And although I really never listen to either I always liked the dead more than phish when given the choice. Anyway, Morning Dew is a great dead tune. And dirty hippies should shower and shave. :)

Edited by HessStation

I sorta grew up around the dead. An older sibling who was sorta quasi deadhead and close friends who were pretty hardcore dead which later turned into phish for the most part. Morning Dew is a great tune and I personally don't think the Allman's version touches some of the Dead's live versions...and I've probably heard them all...and that's with me barely ever actually playing a tape or cd myself lol. But like I mentioned, between one of my older siblings, kids in the neighborhood, the multiple acid trips with hometown buddies, I'm proabably the closest thing to a non-deadhead Grateful Dead aficianado, lol. Put it this way because I've shared/combined harddrives with a few close friends, and bc of that I have a sh*tload of live dead and phish on my ipod. And although I really never listen to either I always liked the dead more than phish when given the choice. Anyway, Morning Dew is a great dead tune. And dirty hippies should shower and shave. :)

I saw them about 60 times and probably used to be fairly called a deadhead. WHat i meant by having no dog in this fight is that it doesn't offend me if people say something is better. Many deadheads think the dead are unequivocally the greatest band in the history of the world and react with great shock and hostility to opinions that differ. I think that's a ridiculous position.

I saw them about 60 times and probably used to be fairly called a deadhead. WHat i meant by having no dog in this fight is that it doesn't offend me if people say something is better. Many deadheads think the dead are unequivocally the greatest band in the history of the world and react with great shock and hostility to opinions that differ. I think that's a ridiculous position.

I'm with you bro. You have the right attitude. Unfortunately I missed out on seeing them with Jerry. Only seen "The Dead" and a few of those cover bands and a couple of Bob Weir's stuff (ratdog) etc at festivals. Would have liked to have experienced the scene once or twice but I was too young...By the time i was old enough to care to see a dead show Jerry was a goner unfortunately.

Anyway as a sidenote, I LOVE the stuff he did w/ David Grisman. Any aspiring musician should be made to watch the dvd Grateful Dawg. Some amazing bluegrass stuff on there! A fantastic documentary for any music lover.

Edited by HessStation

I saw The Dead at Englishtown Raceway with Marshall Tucker and somebody else New Riders maybe? Must have been around '76, '77, or maybe '78 at the latest...OK if you guys did what we were doing back in the mid-70's you'd have the same memory lapses as us old guys have now.

I'm with you bro. You have the right attitude. Unfortunately I missed out on seeing them with Jerry. Only seen "The Dead" and a few of those cover bands and a couple of Bob Weir's stuff (ratdog) etc at festivals. Would have liked to have experienced the scene once or twice but I was too young...By the time i was old enough to care to see a dead show Jerry was a goner unfortunately.

Anyway as a sidenote, I LOVE the stuff he did w/ David Grisman. Any aspiring musician should be made to watch the dvd Grateful Dawg. Some amazing bluegrass stuff on there! A fantastic documentary for any music lover.

+ 1 on all of this...I do love Grateful Dawg...great stuff. Killer documentary.

Love the Celtic Bluegrass they do. Some of the best covers of those songs came from those two. Shady Grove, Whiskey in the Jar, I'm troubled.