What are u listening to right now?

Some people want to go back in time to save Kennedy prevent WWII.  I want to go back in time to March 24, 1974 and watch Rory Gallagher strike sparks in the Cowtown Ballroom in Kansas City, Missouri.  Got a friend who grew up near there so I am pretty sure I could convince him we knew each other in the future so I could get a bed.

• Sympathy 3

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I have been obsessed with the Tubes since my girlfriend bought me their first record in college.  That band was made up of incredibly gifted musicians and performers.  Without exaggeration, I listen to "White Punks on Dope" at least a couple of times each week.   That end section chord progression with Fee improvising is beyond magical.  Another band that should have been massive.

Think this was the tour when I saw them.

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

thank you for posting.  Never saw that live before.  Fantastic.  Saw Tull once back then at the Nassau Coleseum.  I always dig Ian Anderson

This one showed up on my feed today. Never saw it before.

Just reading about Blackberry Smoke's new album.  Very nice version of this classic from the Allman Brothers.  Another very talented band that should get more attention.

Southern rockers Blackberry Smoke have set June 19th as the release date for their new EP Live From Capricorn Sound Studios. An homage to the historic Macon, Georgia, recording facilities, which became an epicenter of the Southern Rock genre in the early Seventies, a portion of the proceeds from the EP’s sales will be donated to the Recording Academy’s MusiCares COVID-19 Relief Fund.

The six-track collection, recorded earlier this year at the legendary studios – the first project cut there by a major recording act in over 40 years – consists of the band’s takes on songs with ties to Capricorn’s studio and record label, where artists including the Allman Brothers Band, Wet Willie, the Marshall Tucker Band and many others would fuse country music and rock & roll. Produced by the members of Blackberry Smoke, the EP will be followed by the band’s Spirit of the South Tour: A Celebration of Southern Rock and Roll Music, with dates currently scheduled through the summer. Live From Capricorn Sound Studios will be available for pre-order on CD and vinyl beginning Friday, March 27th.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/blackberry-smoke-live-at-capricorn-sound-studios-ep-midnight-rider-973896/

• Upvote 2