What are u listening to right now?

Hey NJ

met Ronson in a small bar in Woodstock once when his wife's band Arabesque was playing up there-I always loved Ronson and told him "hey Mick me and you are probably the only 2 people in this bar who own all your albums"-he looked at me like he wanted to punch me and walked away.It was a compliment LOL.(I still feel bad about that one)

Since then I'm very careful not to insult people I respect-a lesson well learned by the time I met Bruce Springsteen thank God I would have been devastated had I been such an a$$ talking to my hero

You probably didn't mean it as an insult SFJ - he really never had the following he was due because he was always somebody else's axe monkey. I heard his Rats album one time (dont think it was released here)and he had some very kick tail blues licks on it. A great guitatist from a great era of rock.

and to be honest NJ his albums were not that good-there's alot to be said for a second fiddle type-like Mick was.I wish I could find a guy to play lead like him and sing harmonies and do all the great stuff that Ronson was able to.Guys like me(at an obvious lesser degree) and Ian Hunter and Bowie the Alpha guys are a dime a dozen the Betas though..tuff to find I left one in a parking lot in 75 at the Red Caboose in Garwood one up in Montclair and he never found one again.

What else resides on your ipod, Shadow?

Curious what you kids are listening to these days! :lol:

I don't have an iPod, actually. I'm way too poor :lol:

But, I've got 280 songs on my iTunes thing... on my favorties list I have the Rolling Stones - Wild Horses, Live - Lightning Crashes (acoustic), The Sundays - Don't Tell Mother and their cover of Wild Horses (freakin awesome band), The Talking Heads - Once in a lifetime, a few Goo Goo Dolls songs (Sympathy, Here is Gone, Give a Little Bit), A Perfect Circle's cover of Imagine, White Zombie's cover of Children of the Grave, U2 - With Or Without You, Audioslave - Like a Stone, Velvet Revolver - You've Got No Right and Fall To Pieces, Ryan Adams - Rescue Blues, When the Stars Go Blue, and his cover of Wonderwall, Dave Matthews Band - American Baby, Coldplay - Yellow, Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man, Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt, Otis Redding - (Sittin On) The Dock Of The Bay, Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Alive, and a Stephen Lynch song. Roughly 26 songs.

I don't have an iPod, actually. I'm way too poor :lol:

But, I've got 280 songs on my iTunes thing... on my favorties list I have the Rolling Stones - Wild Horses, Live - Lightning Crashes (acoustic), The Sundays - Don't Tell Mother and their cover of Wild Horses (freakin awesome band), The Talking Heads - Once in a lifetime, a few Goo Goo Dolls songs (Sympathy, Here is Gone, Give a Little Bit), A Perfect Circle's cover of Imagine, White Zombie's cover of Children of the Grave, U2 - With Or Without You, Audioslave - Like a Stone, Velvet Revolver - You've Got No Right and Fall To Pieces, Ryan Adams - Rescue Blues, When the Stars Go Blue, and his cover of Wonderwall, Dave Matthews Band - American Baby, Coldplay - Yellow, Damien Rice - Woman Like a Man, Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt, Otis Redding - (Sittin On) The Dock Of The Bay, Kenny Wayne Shepherd - Alive, and a Stephen Lynch song. Roughly 26 songs.

Nice mix!

I love the Sundays "here's where the story ends"

Live is good too.

It's nice to see someone who is into things other than clasic rock! :lol:

Nice mix!

I love the Sundays "here's where the story ends"

Live is good too.

It's nice to see someone who is into things other than clasic rock! :lol:

yeah...unbelievable that people would enjoy amazing guitarists.. fabulous keyboard players... mesmerizing drummers....incredible moving and substantial lyrics ...melodies and harmonies... OY! what is this world coming too?? :roll::lol:

yeah...unbelievable that people would enjoy amazing guitarists.. fabulous keyboard players... mesmerizing drummers....incredible moving and substantial lyrics ...melodies and harmonies... OY! what is this world coming too?? :roll::lol:

Yeah, it's great music if you're a weed smokin' dinosaur!!

Yeah, it's great music if you're a weed smokin' dinosaur!!

Well, I do have the Stones on there...

The Sundays are really good. I bought two of their cds off iTunes and bought their other one in a store. I'd like to think I've got a fair mix on my iTunes. I've got Jack Johnson, David Gray, and Green Day on their too, with all the other stuff I mentioned. Some Cat Stevens too. And Mitch Hedberg and Stephen Lynch, to keep it real, homey :wink:

I had to bring my CD player to work to play while I'm on my breaks-so it's siting in a basket in my room now-not to be discouraged I dug out a VINYL album of Jim Croce's I Got A Name.It helps FlaJetsgirl do HER SHARE of the cleaning.SoFla is done with his

on note;what the hell happened to me anyways?I found myself this morning with spatula,(cooking ham and cheese omelets for wife and oldest daughter) pan,vacuum and some new kind of mop that all you have to do is put these wet Mr.Clean pads on to mop.I feel like Jimmy The Tulip in the whole 10 yards.

Oh yea gonna find some of The Band on deck I think

Woo HOO look what I found the vinyl of Lou Reed's Rock n Roll Animal live recording with the great Steve Hunter(from Mitch Ryder and the DEE-troit Wheels) playing the most amamzing lead guitar intro to Sweet Jane you ever heard absolute classic.Then into Heroin skips and all still sounds great.I treat my albums like I treat my guitars-The Punisher is I

Woo HOO look what I found the vinyl of Lou Reed's Rock n Roll Animal live recording with the great Steve Hunter(from Mitch Ryder and the DEE-troit Wheels) playing the most amamzing lead guitar intro to Sweet Jane you ever heard absolute classic.Then into Heroin skips and all still sounds great.I treat my albums like I treat my guitars-The Punisher is I

i have one lou reed cd it rocks. heroin, some kind of lover,very minimalist acoustic jamming with good songwriting

Steven Lynch is hysterical. They play his songs every now and then on a radio station I listen to down here in Houston. I'm going to end up flipping my car one day because of laughing so hard while I'm driving.

You've gotta get his DVD, Live at the El Ray. Freakin awesome. It's got some new songs, with some old songs. And, it shows how he's a top notch performer.

Blue Sky - Allmans...actually all of Eat a Peach... great driving music ;)

that's weird GG I am trying to download Blue Sky as I write-Just learned Rock n Roll by Lou Reed and put on Flowers by the Stones and figured out I've been playing Ruby Tuesday wrong for 30 years I can't pull out these albums without playing guitar-vinyl was the best