What are u listening to right now?

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I still prefer their early stuff that said, you're right, they've truly evolved into a very good band.  I saw them recently and they absolutely rocked it  Professionals, for sure.   Guys who have absolutely mastered what they do, it was like I was watching punk meets stadium rock 80's stuff with like crowd participation and pyro tech, etc.  Kind of like a Weezer show.  vs. when I saw them in like 94 and it was pure punk mosh pit style for the entire show. 

Dookie is still very fun car music. 

I was really referring to the first two.   Used to love them, but when I went back it just felt immature.  I'm old tho. 

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I always really appreciated The White Stripes, but this song made me fall in love with Jack:

Between the pipes, Jack singing in tongues, and the bad ass mini solo it made me realize that the dude is a true rock star!  I can listen to this 20 times in a row. 

So cool. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2022 at 5:21 PM, JiFapono said:

I still prefer their early stuff that said, you're right, they've truly evolved into a very good band.  I saw them recently and they absolutely rocked it  Professionals, for sure.   Guys who have absolutely mastered what they do, it was like I was watching punk meets stadium rock 80's stuff with like crowd participation and pyro tech, etc.  Kind of like a Weezer show.  vs. when I saw them in like 94 and it was pure punk mosh pit style for the entire show. 

I still don't think my ears have recovered after listening to their newest album, but they can still put on one heck of a show and there's so much gold in their old stuff. Consistently good material from the beginning of their career until the end of the 2000's.