The Gun Of Bavaria

What are u listening to right now?

Ok so I had too much time on my hands on a long, long drive for work last week. It was me, my Ipod and the open road. So I got to thinking what my favorite all time albums were. My ipod is packed with everything. It's all of mine and my 5 freinds cds packed into 100+GBs. So anyway here's what I came up with.

I figured I'd weigh the albums on how many times I'd listened to it over the years, How much I loved it when I first heard it and whether or not I can still listen to it today.

1. Radiohead-OK Computer

2. Blind Melon- Soup

3. Beatles- Abbey Road

4. Primus- Sailing the Seas of Cheese

5. Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon

6. Cake- Prolonging the Magic

7. Jane's Addiction- Ritual de lo Habitual

8. Led Zeppilin- III

9. Queens of the Stone Age- Songs for the Deaf

10. Jimi Hendrix- Axis: Bold as Love

11. Iron & Wine- The Shepherd's Dog

12. Muse- Absolution

13. Rage Against the Machine- Rage Against the Machine

14. TV on the Radio- Return to Cookie Mountain

15. Alice in Chains- Alice in Chains

16. Beck- Sea Changes

17. Yes- Fragile

18. Gomez- Bring it On

19. Black Keys- Attack & Release

20. Jeff Beck- Blow by Blow

21. Soul Coughing- Ruby Vroom

22. Nick Drake- Bryter Layter

23. The Who- Who's Next

24. Tool- Lateralus

25. Bon Iver- For Emma, Forever Ago

Can't believe how many 80's/metalheads there are around here. Slow it down boys. I can dig it from time to time but why so hostile. Er, ya know whatImean?

WTF happened w/ youtube. I used to be able to just copy and paste. Anyway QOTSA 3's and 7's is still one of my all time favorite songs.

Edited by HessStation

Best Foo Fighters song ever!

hpC74hpzBvo

:yes:

I've just recently become a HUGE Foo Fighters fan. I LOVE their last live album.

Repped. Awesome song by an awesome band!

BTW my kids know and love this song as the wolf song. I use to play it in the car on long drives and they would do

the howling forever at the end lol.

Edited by HessStation

Every now and then I get addicted to certain songs and I have to play them out by constantly listening to them. I'm going through that right now with this one.

First time I got stones was to Classic Yes on record in my best friends older brothers room smoking resin from his bowl while he was at work. Lol. I've seen Yes three times live and probably will always consider them one of my favorite bands probably for that reason alone. They have so many great songs. Steve Howe is always the forgotten man when rating guitar greats imo. As far as range in different styles go he rules. Him and Mark Knopfler imo.

Kleck,

I've always like the Foo Fighters from a far... I have most of their albums on my ipod and every now and then would play a song, will usually listen to their songs if on the radio...but that was about it...until I saw Skin and Bones on (i think it was) the HD Channel. I ended up watching the whole thing and fell in love. This band to me now, is like a hidden gem that was right there all the time, yet I never noticed until later. This whole concert/album is AWESOME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNGhLwwxh8&feature=related

Edited by HessStation

It's funny but I don't think I've heard Bring the Noise since 8th grade yet I still know all the words by heart. I think It Takes a nation and Fear of a Black Planet were like the first rap "tapes" that i owned.

Edited by HessStation
  • Upvote 1

BASS!

How low can you go?

Death Row

What a brother know

Once again back is the incredible

The Rhyme Animal

The incredible D

Public Enemy number 1

5-0 said "Freeze"

And I got numb

Can I tell 'em that I never really had a gun?

But its the wax that the Terminator X Spun

Now they got me in a cell cause my records they sell cause a brother like me said well...It's like riding a bike.

• Upvote 1

Correct. Hence that being on a mixtape and not an album.

Oh, that makes sense.

What's cool as hell is you can actually play them simultamiously and it works, (if you can hit play on both quick enough).

Kid Cudi and Kanye West are out there. LOL at this video.

Edited by HessStation

One of the greatest songs never heard..imo. A nice ode to his grandmother before his untimely death. A very underrated song from a very underrated album.

All Night Radio-We're on Our Wave

couldn't even find it on youtube. For those who like the harmonies in Simon and Garfunkel's, Only Living Boy in NY (maybe w/ a little twinge of MMJ sound), might want to take a listen.

Edited by HessStation

I think it's about time Sean Lennon gets some major props. Could you imagine trying to be John Lennon's son and remain working in the music industry all this time. Not only has he exceeded expectations he's actually done it with class, dignity and style. Although you'll never hear any of his stuff on the radio he really has helped to create some great music. And MAAAN does he sound like his dad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbE82gYG5c

Edited by HessStation

If you listen to her studio albums she sounds more like the new Bonnie Raitt without the guitar, but she's got a good backup band for that.

EDIT Here's a studio single.

Edited by HessStation

So yeah I posted this song in another thread. And yeah as I'm getting old. I'm not into rocking out as much anymore. Anyway this has to be the BEST song ever about the apocalypse, at least that's how I hear/read it. This guy can paint a picture with words like a motha****er.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjiS578Cuc

Edited by HessStation

**** if I wasn't probably minus 3 or something. I've seen a gazillion rock shows in my life but I would probably give them all up to see Zeppelin in their hay day. Best Rock n Roll band EVER. I can't imagine hearing these songs when they were new and not played a bazillion times over and over on classic rock radio. When people ask I always tout Jimi Hendrix as the best guitarist. He's the guys whose songs I always try to learn and whatnot. But honestly from all the different live stuff I've heard/seen through the years, besides SRV, NOBODY could spaz out to a different level of time and holy heaven like Jimmy Page

Edited by HessStation

Bout ******* time.

started out promising then fell off a cliff imo.. got ska'ee and the vocals weren't good..

still spin the battles though, which is the best reco i've gotten on here (and it was from you)

Imo, this song is better than anything the Strokes ever did as a group. Oh and I have a funny story...when the Strokes were at their peak I went to see them in Hartford, CT in baggy shorts, running sneakers. a tshirt and baseball hat. It was the first time i'd seen skinny jeans on so many dudes since MJ Fox in Back to the future. LOL I was a total fish out of water.

Edited by HessStation

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company