Related image

• Upvote 2

On 1/20/2017 at 9:11 AM, Klecko73isGod said:

That distinction belongs to this:

Some would say this, by Al's buddy

52 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Still fun after all these years. 

51 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Good stuff. Don't remember it tho. Those are the lost years, lol.

I did pick up on the band Talk Talk tho, which started as new wave and veered off into almost avent garde, and still listen to them and the Mark Hollis solo album.

44 minutes ago, jetophile said:

^Yessss fckn Sir. I absolutely adore Kate Bush. She had some boring talking nonsense going on at some point, but we all get old and start to dodder around. 

Love her.

Two more from that album, which is timeless for me

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

Grew to love this song after seeing that movie

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Larz said:

I was totally into ac/dc and the usual teen boy metal stuff, but I would watch 120 minutes on MTV and always liked the new wave stuff

this song is pretty cool as well

That's a really good movie. I was into Fusion and trippy stuff and hard rock but I liked a lot of those 80's songs, and still like to listen to them. One band that I picked up on was Talk Talk....they became a different animal altogether but started out new wave

• Upvote 1

On 3/13/2017 at 11:52 AM, RutgersJetFan said:

Fela Kuti and the Africa 70 - Live!

Absolutely incredible performance by maybe the greatest ever. Ginger Baker on drums for the entire set too.

Some more Ginger....

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2017 at 5:48 PM, munchmemory said:

That's the second Who/Townshend ditty you've posted I wasn't familiar with

Like him or hate him, believe him or not, dudes a genius.....and prolific

Always loved this album....

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2017 at 11:50 AM, AFCEastFan said:

Nice. Never really listened to him. Have to check some out

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Love Pete's guitar work/tone in the song.  You can hear several of his trademark songwriting elements.  I've been hacking around on guitar since the 60s.  No one other than Jimmy Page has influenced my "style" more than Pete.  He always had  a proclivity for unique chord voicings.  Plus, his right hand strumming is unparalleled in rock.  

As for posting those tunes you did not know: That's the product of growing up with a group of friends who all idolized The Who.  Every new record's release was treated with excitement and a chance to learn new songs on guitar.  I must admit that I stopped following as closely after Keith Moon died.  

If you haven't already, make sure to check out "Odds & Sods" as well as the "Lifehouse Chronicles" (a collection of demos Pete recorded in his home studio before presenting the songs to the band), most of which exist of YouTube to preview.  I absolutely love hearing Pete's vision before John, Keith and Roger added their unique spins.  Also, if you dig The Who, it might be interesting for you to read up on Pete's "failed" Lifehouse concept which eventually morphed into their masterpiece (IMO) "Who's Next".

Like so many Who fans, over the years, it would drive me insane when people would refer to "Baba O'Riley" as "teenage wasteland".  In actuality, there was a song from Pete's "Lifehouse" project with this title.  I've included it below so you can hear how many of the tune's elements were incorporated into "Baba". 

While I'm at it, here's a personal favorite from "Odds & Sods" with The Who channeling The Beach Boys:

I always thought Odds & Sods was a compilation/hits type album...until your post a while back. I had never taken a close look at it. That's on the list now.

• Upvote 1

Rainy day deep water blues........

On 5/5/2017 at 9:47 AM, munchmemory said:

One of rock's great Strat masters.  RIP.

Very good. I just happened hear that on Netflix watching an amusing little movie called 'A Patch Of Fog'

I never really gave RG a chance back when, but am much more open to checking him out, and inclined to like him now. Just bought that album too last night on Amazon.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I saw Rory a few times back in the 70s.  He toured extensively.   Always played well live and gave a great long show.  Hope you enjoy the record, JJ.

PS:  Don't know that flick but since you found it interesting I'll go read about it.  Thanks.

I think the best thing about the movie was RG. They used a few tracks of his. Really a B tv movie type deal from N. Ireland. The actors were good tho.

Lee Morgan - Caramba

Beautiful soloing here by all

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company