The Gun Of Bavaria

What are u listening to right now?

The result of having recently:

1.  Looked up Bon Scott's influences.

and 

2. Watched Karate Kid with my children.

The best song on the soundtrack of the low-budget film High Life.  Great tune; entertaining film.  

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Nice!  Love Nicky Hopkins's work on this track.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Since we're talking about Beck.  I am not familiar with Richard Bailey.  But this guy can play drums.

I know him a little bit.  He is great.  Not his fault, but he plays on this ridiculous Jack Nicholson performance from Tommy.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I'm a Who freak, so cannot even click on that link.  I disavow all aspects of that movie (all except Ann Margaret's breasts).  After seeing it when it was released, my friends and I (all Who nuts) wanted to kill Ken Russell.  lol

I would argue that the soundtrack versions of Sensation, I'm Free and Eyesight to the Blind are significantly better than the studio versions.  Other than that I wholeheartedly agree, all the way down to A-M's breasts.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, peebag said:

This is why Clapton is God.

I listen to the Fillmore performance of Let it Rain at least weekly.  Not only vintage Clapton, but also one of my all-time favorite rhythm combinations (the late Carl Radle and the lid-flipped Jim Gordon) at the peak of their powers.  Great stuff!

• Upvote 1

Wait . . . there is a Jimmy Buffett song that I actually enjoy listening to??  Very catchy tune.  

On 5/1/2017 at 3:25 PM, jetrider said:

Wow -- great cover.

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2019 at 10:21 AM, Dcat said:

I stumbled on this reunion of Santana's late 1960's - 1970's original band.  Most of the originals members are there including Michael Shrieve (drums - and one of the all time best) and Greg Rollie (Journey frontman) on his awesome Hammond. 46 years later, they sound great. 

Also, check out the Tanglewood 1970 performance below.  Simply the best rendition of Soul Sacrifice ever.  Michael Shrieve is the driving force, especially in the last few minutes after his "Woodstock" solo.

Love this.

2016:

1970 @ Tanglewood, 46 years earlier (get a load of Shrieve's cheap drum set... the high hat is wobbling all over the place... too funny.) One of the best drum solos ever and even better when the band hops back in.

(looks like an entranced, drug induced @T0mShane standing in the audience at 11:37)

Great share.  Never seen this version before.  I like the Woodstock solo much better (much more dynamic and varied in tempo than this version) but I like the post-solo performance much better in this version than in the Woodstock version.  Both versions are great though - I'm a big Shrieve fan.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 2:09 PM, munchmemory said:

I highly recommend the movie "High Life" starring Timothy Olyphant.  Low budget flick, but very entertaining and with an April Wine-dominated soundtrack including this tune, I Like to Rock, and - my favorite of all - Say Hello.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Stunning to see the extent of the overlap between the songs on my playlist and yours.  This is  one of my favorite MSG songs.  Great performance by the whole band, but Simon Phillips is especially sharp behind the kit on this one.  

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company