The Gun Of Bavaria

What are u listening to right now?

Hey Warfish,you even hear Ozric Tentacles?

I've heard OF them, but never listened to them. Psychedelia, aren't they?

He's so high he don't know any better right now.

Damn non-linking sites....kills the joke every time. DOH!

Radiohead.

Edited by Robert Arctor

Bon Iver

62i9Sodwp5o

Sleepy Sun

IBVJsfjawng

Black Mountain

cWxCPbsreO4

Sinoia Caves (No Youtube Sadly)

VAST

IdCTGtXGmLg

Edited by Robert Arctor

New Iron & Wine Double Album "Around the Well".

Can't listen to it off the iPod just yet, haven't been able to pick up the CD due to ThunderSnow 2011 down here. Ugh.

But the New Iron & Wine Album "Kiss Each Other Clean" is excellent.

Streaming of the new album in it's entirety available off his site here: http://www.ironandwine.com/

Still rocking (if rocking is appropriate given the mellow tones) to the new Radiohead Album, "King of Limbs". Amazingly good stuff, in you're into that sort of thing.

Also chilling to this obscurity:

Reviewby Margaret Reges

The Enchanter Persuaded, the debut album from Black Mountain keyboardist Jeremy Schmidt (billed here as Sinoia Caves), is a nice example of the early-21st century's fascination with synthesizers. Unlike his contemporaries, who tend to echo new wave acts, Schmidt draws inspiration from a different pack of synth gods -- bands that boasted cosmic monikers like Tangerine Dream and Hawkwind, musicians who wielded their Moogs and Mellotrons like mighty swords. And as such, this album shouldn't be viewed as a particularly innovative work but rather as an adept tribute to the analog wizards of the mid-'70s and early '80s. The standout tracks here are the soundscapes, which echo Tangerine Dream's Phaedra both in terms of the vast aural territory covered and in terms of actual length. "Dwarf Reaching the Arch Wonder" and "Sundown in the New Arcades (Milky Way Echo)" make for over half an hour of galactic terrain built on sheet after sheet of analog synth and Mellotron effects. There's a definite sense of composition here; every whoosh and drone serves the structure, and Schmidt does a good job of keeping these sprawling compositions under tight rein. Shorter, acoustic guitar and vocoder-knit tracks like "Naro Way" and "Through the Valley" are a nice break from the epic stuff going on elsewhere, and they'll probably draw more than a few comparisons to some of the tracks on Air's 10,000 Hz Legend. From the druggy green cover art right down to the humid, slightly grimy production, The Enchanter Persuaded is a convincing period piece, not to mention a fitting showcase for Schmidt's impressive synth sorcery.

Love this tune too of late, an oldy from an obscure (but good) Sci-Fi Flick.

War,

Just bought Windup Girl at half off at Borders. Very excited to read it soon!

Very Cool!

I really hope you enjoy it, was one of the best I've read of late, and won an absolute metric poopton of Sci-Fi Book awards.

If you enjoy it, I suggest following it up with his collection of short-stories:

pumpsixcover.jpg

One cool think about this guy, he's really just started. Unlike so many of the greatest Sci-Fi writers (most now long-dead), this guy has the potential to write for a while, and has the talent to write at a high level. Be nice to have a corrent-era writr to follow, I'm so used to back-catalog filling of dead guys for my Sci-Fi fun.

Radiohead, best band since Pink Floyd. :)

I'm very much in a "Black Mountain Army" frame of mind these days, listening to many of the bands made up of members of Black Mountain.

For example, Lightning Dust:

A Classic, so Floydian it hurts:

And another classic, of a different strips. So win.

Anyone heard of this band, "Middle Class Rut"?

Heard the song below on the radio this morning at 4'ish am, was pissed the station didnt say who it was. Eventually found out when I got home this afternoon via the wonderful internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2bgwcv43o

This is comedy, right?  Like an SNL skit or some such?

Riffs are ok, but the lyrics and image.....lol.  

Of course, I love(ed) me some Maiden, and Maiden wasn't much better frankly when it came to silly imagery.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company