The Gun Of Bavaria

What are u listening to right now?

Woody Guthrie ain't I a man of the times?Been downloading(trying)last night and today-cool songs Tom Joad part 1- Deportees- Worried Man Blues

"Frank Sinatra" by Cake.

I'm curious what are they singing about the Chairman of the Board?

David Bowie's classic heavy metal album

The Man Who Sold The World

man it STILL sounds great Mick Ronson was a killer guitar player may he rest in loud music along with the others in heavens great R&R band

Devils & Dust by Bruce Springsteen!

had that one on in the car this morning Max

if you took Lucky Town and subtracted Tom Joad you get D&D-we are all dwarfs in the presence of the greatness that is Bruce Springsteen the Man Who Launched A Thousand Guitars-hey I see a song in there somewhere

Ronson was D'man - loved him with Ian Hunter too.

Currently listening to Steve Vai - Sex and Religion.

Hey NJ

met Ronson in a small bar in Woodstock once when his wife's band Arabesque was playing up there-I always loved Ronson and told him "hey Mick me and you are probably the only 2 people in this bar who own all your albums"-he looked at me like he wanted to punch me and walked away.It was a compliment LOL.(I still feel bad about that one)

Since then I'm very careful not to insult people I respect-a lesson well learned by the time I met Bruce Springsteen thank God I would have been devastated had I been such an ass talking to my hero

and to be honest NJ his albums were not that good-there's alot to be said for a second fiddle type-like Mick was.I wish I could find a guy to play lead like him and sing harmonies and do all the great stuff that Ronson was able to.Guys like me(at an obvious lesser degree) and Ian Hunter and Bowie the Alpha guys are a dime a dozen the Betas though..tuff to find I left one in a parking lot in 75 at the Red Caboose in Garwood one up in Montclair and he never found one again.

I had to bring my CD player to work to play while I'm on my breaks-so it's siting in a basket in my room now-not to be discouraged I dug out a VINYL album of Jim Croce's I Got A Name.It helps FlaJetsgirl do HER SHARE of the cleaning.SoFla is done with his

on note;what the hell happened to me anyways?I found myself this morning with spatula,(cooking ham and cheese omelets for wife and oldest daughter) pan,vacuum and some new kind of mop that all you have to do is put these wet Mr.Clean pads on to mop.I feel like Jimmy The Tulip in the whole 10 yards.

Oh yea gonna find some of The Band on deck I think

Woo HOO look what I found the vinyl of Lou Reed's Rock n Roll Animal live recording with the great Steve Hunter(from Mitch Ryder and the DEE-troit Wheels) playing the most amamzing lead guitar intro to Sweet Jane you ever heard absolute classic.Then into Heroin skips and all still sounds great.I treat my albums like I treat my guitars-The Punisher is I

Blue Sky - Allmans...actually all of Eat a Peach... great driving music ;)

that's weird GG I am trying to download Blue Sky as I write-Just learned Rock n Roll by Lou Reed and put on Flowers by the Stones and figured out I've been playing Ruby Tuesday wrong for 30 years I can't pull out these albums without playing guitar-vinyl was the best

Steve Earle-Copperhead Road

"I learned a thing or two from Charlie don't ya know ya better stay away from Copperhead Road"

Guitar Town on now...he's the real deal

David Bowie live at the Beeb (BBC) it is made up of stuff he recorded in studio songs from Space Oddity,Hunky Dory,The Man Who Sold The World,and Ziggy Stardust.It's an AS impressive first 4 album stretch worth of material as any every released in rock history IMO.I have Napster so I just download it into my Musicmatch and it's there-I highly recommend it to those who listened during that era in other words old people like me

while doing breakfast I was on the southern tip Allman Joys,Areatha,Buddy Holly,Billy C Rielly,Boz Scaggs,Chuck Berry,Elvis,Delaney and Bonnie and switched over to John Prine's The Missing Years-right now though I'm watching SpongeBob Squarepants-OK well my (bratty but) beautiful granddaughter Madison is...That's who made me turn off the music

The Dixie Chicks-Takin The Long Way CD that has pissed off all those a-hole country music types because they won last night at the Grammys

Awesome band, great in concert too.

with a true wanker for a lead singer-kinda like Guns and Roses...do you think Slash and Duff write on their "searching for a lead singer" cards write "singer must be mentally unstable"?

Its guys like them that continue to give musicians a bad name

Weiland is a druggie and all yes. He does give musicians a bad name..however the music he made with STP on the albums was good. :)

it ain't just the drugs-it's the whole being an A-hole thing in general

Poco's Rose Of Cimarron and now I got some of The Band's stuff from The Last Waltz-It Makes No Difference to be followed by Stagefright,The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down,The Shape I'm In and Up On Cripple Creek-I wish I could find Don't Do It on Limewire-it's the live song that opens up the movie with Danko singing-which was actually the last song they played that night.....if anybody has it....

Henry Rollins.

people tell me I look like him all the time-weird

Soundgarden - Burden In My Hand

the good 90's bands are gone sad0049.gif

the 90's music absolutely blows this decade out of the water

Agreed. They do keep reinventing themselves, but it's not the same... i.e. Velvet Revolver and Audioslave.

Chris Cornell just left Audioslave

Wide awake by the Twang,the British breakout band of 07 apparently.Very Stone Roseish although I feel the guitar riff sounds like U2.

3fSzghSq8Ss

I enjoyed that Ten "what was I doin' wiff that MILF?" and he rhymes it with filth-beautiful-sounds a little bit like a cross between Joe Strummer's voice Flock Of Seagulls or U2 and The Pogues-all in a good way...

Heroes by Tom Pacheco (a friend sent me the song)...I saw him in Woodstock in a little bar around 1980-Mick Ronson jammed with him that night-you know after I insulted him

She's My Sister by The Stone Roses-I love the slide guitar in this song

:lol: holy $hit, I used to love that song. But they were by far the gayest of the hair bands.

it didn't get that from them-I just thought they were being psychedelic-they were a latter day Cheap Trick-you know carrying the torch of Chicago bands like that-I got it if ya need it Alk (just found it on Limewire)

Love that song!! Here's a live version for your listening pleasure... :beer:

gw5J3yfvos0&mode

thanks for that Mrs TJ-hey can you find a version of All For You by Sister Hazel on YouTube-I know the bassist he's a West Palm guy and used to come to my gigs to listen

There are a lot of bad, bootleg versions but this one is pretty good! Enjoy!:-D

xPKFhq1iRdI

thank you they didn't show Jett (Jeff) once in that video-just another case in point on how much better music was a decade ago

I must admit that I like that song.

Jeff was coming to my gigs with a friend of mine back in the summer of 04 and he had some of my CDs and said it was all he was listening to-I wish he would have talked his band into doing a few on THEIR CDs-or maybe had fired their lead singer and hired me-he also asked me why I was playing songs by all his friends and not his band

I've told you this before and I'll say it again: Your rendition of "All the Young Dudes" is awesome.

Not that my opinion counts but I thought I would throw it out there.

yea that was fun-it was our first time doing it-I'm not sure we did it many more times after that night-we used to learn them at practice and go do the gig-sometimes they worked sometimes they didn't-I was never afraid to fail up on the boards

That was '95 when you did that (according to your website). Do you still have the same blokes in the band?

I play solo acoustic now G-I got sick of trying to find reliable musicians down here and also-the money NEVER went up since I moved down here in 86-87...bands are still making like 400 a night-at best...some nights I walk home with that much by myself

hey oktaren I listen to The Beatles a LOT too...what at the moment are your favorite albums? For me right now it's Help! and Beatles For Sale-which I just put on No Reply....ahh so friggin good

I've been listening to The Dixie Chicks a lot this week-we watched Shut Up And Sing on DTV the other day

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company