The Gun Of Bavaria

What are u listening to right now?

Bonus disc that just got released for a band called Deerhunter for an album that came out earlier this year. Just a great addition to a great record. Listened to it once already today, and I can't wait to give it another go. They draw a ton of Radiohead comparisons, but IMO I think they're great in their own right.

Stiff Little Fingers - Nobody's Heroes

Amazing how unknown they were in the States until High Fidelity came out.

Mercedes Sosa - Balderrama. It's off the soundtrack for Che coming out this year. Just a beautiful song.

RJF- I gotta drop this one on you again.

You = this guy

indie-snob-1-1.jpg

She's like 80 years old and one of the most famous Latin American singers ever dude, you fail.

Radiohead - I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings.

Everytime I hear Idioteque live I get happy pants.

Sly & the Family Stone - There's a Riot Goin' On.

How anyone could even possibly try and argue that Stand! is the better album is quite perplexing.

Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest. Just released today, and holy crap does it live up to the reviews it's been getting.

Got my hands on an advanced copy of the new Sonic Youth album coming out next week. It's great, probably their best since Murray Street IMO.

Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way. The old anthem for the '00 Mets.

In honor of me hoping that the Mets can find some swagger and that Wright and Beltran can step up as a leader like Ventura and Leiter used to.

Pink Floyd - The Final Cut

IMO, one of the most overlooked and underrated albums ever (more so than Animals), most notably because it followed The Wall and was originally intended to be part of the soundtrack to the movie. I've heard people refer to it before as "The Wall, Light." I totally disagree though, it's one of Waters' finest moments and one of the most compelling albums of all time.

The new album coming out from a NY band called A Place to Bury Strangers (Exploding Head's the forthcoming album). It leaked last week and it's pretty incredible. For anyone who's a Jesus and Mary Chain or Joy Division fan (or even My Bloody Valentine), I can't recommend it highly enough. They're a pretty awesome band...and loud.

Edited by RutgersJetFan

Words don't describe my utter hatred for that song.

Ditto, every time I hear Will I Am try to say Mazel Tov, it makes me want to punch a baby.

Finally got around to listening to Dinosaur Jr's newest release from earlier this summer. All the reviews were 100% on point. This album is fantastic, and IMO one of the best pure grunge albums to come around in a long, long, loooooong time.

Have you heard Smith Westerns? I think they have a 7" out. Saw them open for Jay Reatard a couple of months ago. Both were excellent.

Yeah, they sound like the band that Pains of Being Pure at Heart wish they could be. Missing Reatard for Rutgers Homecoming this year, very sadly. And the new APTBS puts them all to shame regardless.

Empires of the Sun - We are the people

Totally strays from my style, but my buddy got me into a couple of those MGMT songs, and then I heard these guys. Pretty cool change of pace for a fan of punk rock/hardcore.

Passion Pit >>>>> MGMT

-realtalk-

Nice. I will check that out. Like I said, this is totally different then what I into, but I like changing it up.

There are only like 3 songs that I like of MGMT.

After I posted this, I felt ghey, so I started playing Bad Brains.

If you really wanna feel not ghey, listen to Future of the Left. And Jay Reatard for that matter.

IhZsNcYHTK8

Edited by RutgersJetFan

Kid Cudi - Some debut this dude released. Pretty cool he enlisted Ratatat for some of these tracks, I guess synth-pop actually can work with hip-hop when it's not being Kanye'd to death.

Monsters of Folk. This is hands down the most disapointing record I've ever listened to. Coner Oberst sucks balls.

New Flaming Lips which drops in a few weeks. Great piece of work, definitely a good rebound from At War With the Mystics.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company