The Gun Of Bavaria

What are u listening to right now?

Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad by Delaney and Bonnie

Man I love Delaney and Bonnie. It sucks no one my age (23) listens to music like this anymore, it's such a damn shame.

Not sure if you would dig a cover, but I saw the Black Crowes do a version of this a couple times and it absolutely brought the place down.

GrRrDEEig8E

The Ting Tings

That's Not My Name

(I love Katie White)

iX-7u9OzH9o

Son of a bitch!!! That song was stuck in my head since last Saturday when i was out dancing, and i finally had it out. GAHH it's obnoxiously catchy! Damn you, i hope you can sleep tonight knowing the emotional & pyscological pain you've thrust upon me!

Two of the best guitar players of our time, playing one of my alltime favorite songs.

Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks - Old Friend

UauECrCIYl8

Sideways by Citizen Cope

- Never really listened to the band before, but heard it again on a movie, and really dug it.

E8cMy-Jmoso

Black Crowes - Oh Sweet Nuthin.

A great cover of a great song by an great band. Definitely do Velvet underground proud here. Rich's vocals have improved over the years, still nowhere near his brothers', but handles the song well.

Luther Dickinson, from the Mississippi Allstars, has been a fantastic replacement of Marc Ford in this band.

As an aside.....for anyone that trully appreciates guitar playing, Luther and Derek Trucks are two of the best (younger) players out there today...I'd put those two against anyone that could be named.

lf9-BCix4io

I saw Luther and The Miss All Stars open for and then play WITH John Hiatt in a little club down in Ft. Lauderdale a couple of years ago-man I love the way he plays slide on that Gibson SG

That must have been a great show, gotta love those intimate venues. And I've gotta second that about Luther's SG...still hands down my favorite is Skydog on his '58/

Steve Gorman, of the black crowes, will be playing drums with Derek Trucks, Susan Tedeschi (Derek's wife and awesome vocalist) and some other members of their band down in florida sometime soon. I would kill to see that show, you should definitely check it out.

On and off for almost 20 years. Started back up again last year. Life slowed down a little bit and Mrs. RJF nudged me into playing again. Turns out I really missed playing.

For some reason I can totally see you rocking a stand up bass like Shannon whatshisface from the John Butler Trio.  

One day perhaps. When kids come into the picture I suppose it will have to be either that or an acoustic bass for the first few years. Right now I've been rocking out on a Epiphone Viola, which is kind of a replica of the Hofners that McCartney plays. Great guitar and very soft on the eyes if I do say so myself.

If things continue and I start playing with others again I'll probably sell a few of my comics and buy a Gretsch. A lot of the greats used to play on a Gretsch and they entered into a distribution deal with Fender a few years back to reissue all their old models. Expensive, but worth it. Really just totally in love with their stuff, this one in particular. I go completely Wayne Campbell every time I see it in the store. "There it is. EXCALIBUR."

That's awesome, definitely great that ya picked it back up. Great scene too.   I started playing the sax when I was 5 because that's the only way my mother would let me take up guitar.  My birthday is a only a few days before Christmas and a number of years ago she bought me a '61 Gibson SG reissue, which is pretty much the reason I started playing the guitar: Clapton during his cream days used a '64 Gibson standard and Duane and Derek Trucks use the SG.  I use it for slide and have a Les Paul Sunburst replica that I use as well.  One of these days when I actually have money of my own, I'd like to buy the real things.  As of now, I just can't justify it, but it's on a dream list.  It's funny, I put it down for a few months after I see Derek Trucks live and get frustrated or after listening to Filmore east and remember that Duane mastered the thing before the age of 25 on a f*cking pill bottle.  But then they're the reason I pick it back up. Thus is life I suppose.

Favorite song from one of my favorite artists. I know he came up schlepping a lot of pop-soul, but the man actually wrote and put forth some pretty impressive social and cultural works.

My favorite song from The Band

Excellent tune, Dylan always blows my mind. Man was such a poet. For as much as I didn't care for Robbie, he did write some amazing songs as well, on par with Dylan's work. I guess it's not so much that I disliked Robbie, more moreso that I was just a huge Levon Helm guy and after the Last Waltz, it seemed like you had to choose sides.  Anyways, saw Levon a bunch over the last decade, would go up to his rambles every now any then when I had a chance. Got to see the Black Crowes record their latest album there, which was f*cking awesome. Just a very old-school, american-roots type of vibe up there. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company