What are u listening to right now?

After the punk kick I was on, I transitioned into some ska, then reggae and I typically avoid Bob because I heard so much of him growing up, it was like the only reggae album anyone I knew owned......but my god, the man was absolutely amazing.   The world could use Bob right now.  RIP.

This song is beautiful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

I am listening to Todd Rundgren or Frank Zappa at some point during the day.

So many great and interesting eras in Todd's career.  One of the true visionary songwriter/musicians who should have been lots more popular.   I really liked the Utopia period, and what the late Moogy Klingman added to the mix.

EDIT:  Saw Todd a bunch of times over the years.  This tour was so much fun.  All the guys in his band could play anything.

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

So many great and interesting eras in Todd's career.  One of the true visionary songwriter/musicians who should have been lots more popular.   I really liked the Utopia period, and what the late Moogy Klingman added to the mix.

EDIT:  Saw Todd a bunch of times over the years.  This tour was so much fun.  All the guys in his band could play anything.

If Uotpia was British or maybe even from Australia... they would be considered groundbreaking.  Their albums are uneven but with Todd's dry, thin sounding production with how they combined new wave pop with tasty "cliche free" prog.  They set the table for 80's bands.  Every time I hear a pop song from the 80's I think "is that Moogy Klingman or Roger Powell playing keyboards?" 

Todd is so underrated its ridiclous.  Flat out genius  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

If Uotpia was British or maybe even from Australia... they would be considered groundbreaking.  Their albums are uneven but with Todd's dry, thin sounding production with how they combined new wave pop with tasty "cliche free" prog.  They set the table for 80's bands.  Every time I hear a pop song from the 80's I think "is that Moogy Klingman or Roger Powell playing keyboards?" 

Todd is so underrated its ridiclous.  Flat out genius  

Great post.  Speaking of pop songs, this is no doubt a top 10 tune most folks have either not heard or don't know it's Todd.  Absolutely gorgeous.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:00 PM, Lith said:

Couple of days late to the party, but I just saw the few reggae songs posted by @JiF. Here are a couple of my contirbutions to the thread:

Nice!  Since I'm bored, I'll walk you through how I ended up on Bob.  lol.  Going through punk hits, I got to this song;

• Upvote 1