What are u listening to right now?

My co-worker flew over to London to see them. She absoulutely loves them. She DJ's under the name Lady Strychnine and her boyfriend Sam (he has a Lady Strychnine tattoo) is the guitarist in a Milanese Rockabilly band that opened for the Stray Cats last August. I'm still pissed I missed that show. Anyway, Strychnine is a Sonics song.

Here is Sam's band:

The Dragons - Flat Tire

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That's awesome. How were they? I was reading some comments on Youtube from people that saw them in the 60s that said they weren't good live. The sound sucked back then so I take that with a grain of salt.

Strychnine is a great song. "The Hustle" is another great.. I love the groove.

The Dragons are cool. I get a bit if a thorogood feel from the singer. Are they Italians or Americans?

Edited by L.S. Dylan

That's awesome. How were they? I was reading some comments on Youtube from people that saw them in the 60s that said they weren't good live. The sound sucked back then so I take that with a grain of salt.

Strychnine is a great song. "The Hustle" is another great.. I love the groove.

The Dragons are cool. I get a bit if a thorogood feel from the singer. Are they Italians or Americans?

Sne absolutely loved them. I'll try to check with her about their sound. It's funny because there have been so many advances, but the garage sound isn't exactly looking to be cutting edge.

The Dragons are straight up Italians. There is a real dedicated group into that sort of surf/garage/rockabilly lifestyle. They are pretty welcoming to me considering I have "normal" straight clothes, hair and no tattoos. They love to discuss bands that they love and are often shocked that those bands aren't major stars in the States.

• Upvote 1