The Gun Of Bavaria

What are u listening to right now?

The video didn't embed so I just went to YouTube. That is Trevor Bolder, who has been with Uriah Heep since the 80s

hmmm wonder what happened there-good that the dude is still working-unemployed musicians add to the homelessness problem-unless of course they have women to latch on to...

what do you call a guitarist without a girlfriend?

Homeless

hmmm wonder what happened there-good that the dude is still working-unemployed musicians add to the homelessness problem-unless of course they have women to latch on to...

what do you call a guitarist without a girlfriend?

Homeless

LOL. Here's Bolder on "Illusion", by Uriah Heep from the Innocent Victim record (1978). I'm dragging today, so this had that lazy, yet uplifting, vibe I need about now. Listen to the opening choral-inspired vocals at the beginning on headphones in the dark, and you'd swear you were floating. Hope you enjoy it. For those interested, the tune was written by Ken Hensley, and sung by John Lawton, who replaced David Byron an album earlier.

Ih6TnfmYT84&feature=related

Edited by Borgoguy

I put a bunch of Great Big Sea albums on my mp3 player and have been listening to them.

The Clash Police On MY Back

MzZ1N9IuzJM&feature=related

Top five tune from that era. Look at Jonesy's snarl. Just great. Why did this music go away, SFJ?

Top five tune from that era. Look at Jonesy's snarl. Just great. Why did this music go away, SFJ?

3 letters BG; M.T.V.

remember how all this stuff was replaced by a-hole bands like Culture Club and ABC...Duran Duran (who were actually pretty good musicians). Just look at the money that was spent on say a Ramones video from that era and an Adam Ant one.

Marie by Townes Van Zandt

3 letters BG; M.T.V.

remember how all this stuff was replaced by a-hole bands like Culture Club and ABC...Duran Duran (who were actually pretty good musicians). Just look at the money that was spent on say a Ramones video from that era and an Adam Ant one.

Marie by Townes Van Zandt

Absolutely. They went for the lowest common denominator. Man, did I hate ABC, but not as much as King. Remember these wankers? AAAAHHH!! During this era, I was still walking around with hair down to the middle of my back like in the 70s.

fQRJhbvn3hY&feature=related

Absolutely. They went for the lowest common denominator. Man, did I hate ABC, but not as much as King. Remember these wankers? AAAAHHH!! During this era, I was still walking around with hair down to the middle of my back like in the 70s.

even when The Clash were given proper finance for a video like say Rock The Casbah it just didn't FEEL right ya know? I mean it was a venue for posers, everything the punks were railing against. Remember like Kajagoogoo? Blech!

IDK but I kinda like that Paul King song BG-I never heard it before

We are no longer friends. ;) The guy just bugged me for some reason.

We are no longer friends. ;) The guy just bugged me for some reason.

I mean I was LISTENING not watching so much-kinda how you could stand a Billy Squier song UNTIL you had to suffer through watching him sing it

I mean I was LISTENING not watching so much-kinda how you could stand a Billy Squier song UNTIL you had to suffer through watching him sing it

Case in point: Not a bad song, but check out the "dancing". This vid for Rock me Tonight ended his career. This might be the gheyest moment in rock history. LOL.

fR0j7sModCI

I mean it was a venue for posers, everything the punks were railing against. Remember like Kajagoogoo? Blech!

If given the choice, I would take the '80's pop drivel over lame late-70's/early-80's arena rock (Kansas, Styx, Foreigner, Journey, etc, etc).

Case in point: Not a bad song, but check out the "dancing". This vid for Rock me Tonight ended his career. This might be the gheyest moment in rock history. LOL.

fR0j7sModCI

there were way too many ghey moments from that era but yea, that's exactly the one I was thinking about

I dunno... this one was pretty bad:

gaZCZnmdmbA

The vid didn't embed, but I know it very well. LOL. It's close, but Squire looks like a chick on a stripper poll at one point.

The vid didn't embed, but I know it very well. LOL. It's close, but Squire looks like a chick on a stripper poll at one point.

What puts it over the top for me is that I have no affinity for any of Billy Squier's work, whereas I have respect musically for Bowie and, to a slightly lesser extent, Jagger.

What puts it over the top for me is that I have no affinity for any of Billy Squier's work, whereas I have respect musically for Bowie and, to a slightly lesser extent, Jagger.

I would never consider Squier an equal of musical icons such as Bowie or Jagger. Check out Life On Mars, one of the most beautiful tunes ever written.

46s3gHR3IEI

I would never consider Squier an equal of musical icons such as Bowie or Jagger.

What I meant was that relatively speaking, the Bowie/Jagger video was worse, because they are musical luminaries.

Billy Squier is, well, Billy Squier.

What I meant was that relatively speaking, the Bowie/Jagger video was worse, because they are musical luminaries.

Billy Squier is, well, Billy Squier.

Agreed.

Howlin' Wolf

Smokestack Lightnin'

-FLNGCm7OZM

I'm watching a documentary on Dusty Springfield to hear her sing The Look Of Love damn does it get much better than that?