The Gun Of Bavaria

What are u listening to right now?

Danny Heines

Open Story

(That's one person playing with no overdubs. He's a master of two hand tapping on the guitar. I studied with him for a little while when I lived in the SF Bay Area.)

yQV_RCZmfuM

I'll check that out a little later BG-I have Pandora Jim Croce type radio on now-it keeps the house mellow with all the kids here and gets work done in the kitchen with the wife-good stuff really

I like cheese

I see the mushrooms haven't worn off quite yet DHJF...find a nice happy place-maybe the dairy drawer in the refridge, you know with the cheese

BEwNrjvNiYs&NR=1

An Acapella cover of Metallica's battery. Which manages to be more metal than the original version.

Uriah Heep

Against the Odds

(F**king rhythm section here--Bolder and Kereslake--kick unbelievable a$$. Mick Box solo at approx. 5:12 just got me to plug in my amp.

Bz9Q7TdpF6E

Dokken

Kiss of Death

l8WEWCZYJ-w&feature=related

Lost Behind the Wall

d45HmdK0b5E&feature=related

you can't watch that video without smiling BG-the guitarist with the tinsel all over him cracked me up when he started shaking his bum

you can't watch that video without smiling BG-the guitarist with the tinsel all over him cracked me up when he started shaking his bum

It's hilarious. At one point, even their drummer is laughing. His name is Dave Hill, and he always tried to out glam everybody else.

EDIT: Did you notice Noddy Holder's acoustic in the first vid, SFJ? Looks familiar.

Edited by Borgoguy

It's hilarious. At one point, even their drummer is laughing. His name is Dave Hill, and he always tried to out glam everybody else.

I'm telling you dude I'm SO GLAD we grew up when we did as far as music goes. I was watching Festival Express the other day and to see the likes of The Band, Janis, Delaney and Bonnie, The Dead, Buddy Guy-all these people actually learned how to play and sing. Nowadays I can listen to top 40 radio and not be able to distinguish between who is singing what. Taylor Swift sounds like Pink who sounds like Kelly Clarkson and so on-all that BS breathy singing crap that they all use. I'm sorry music WAS better then...and ya know what it was probably better when our fathers were listening to Frank and Dean and Benny Goodman and Billie Holiday.

My gigs are like a music appreciation lesson to the young crowd I sometimes have to play to.

EDIT: Did you notice Noddy Holder's acoustic in the first vid, SFJ? Looks familiar.

ain't she purty?

I'm telling you dude I'm SO GLAD we grew up when we did as far as music goes. I was watching Festival Express the other day and to see the likes of The Band, Janis, Delaney and Bonnie, The Dead, Buddy Guy-all these people actually learned how to play and sing. Nowadays I can listen to top 40 radio and not be able to distinguish between who is singing what. Taylor Swift sounds like Pink who sounds like Kelly Clarkson and so on-all that BS breathy singing crap that they all use. I'm sorry music WAS better then...and ya know what it was probably better when our fathers were listening to Frank and Dean and Benny Goodman and Billie Holiday.

My gigs are like a music appreciation lesson to the young crowd I sometimes have to play to.

Keep teaching the young folk, SFJ. I'm with you on Top 40. You're right, everyone sounds the same. Plus, with the advent of Pro-Tools, no one really needs to be able to sing in tune. Until they perform live, that is. Then they go into lip-synch mode. I've gotta split, but I am glad that I was able to live through the music of the 60s and 70s. For me, the 70s will never be topped.

Don't know if you saw my edit, but go check out Noddy Holder's acoustic in the first Slade vid I posted. Have a great night.

'Booth Shot Lincoln' - Uncle Earl. Well, because 144 years ago this past Tuesday, Booth shot Lincoln.

Keep saying stuff like that and your name will be Mudd. :biggrin:

I have Pandora radio on with a nice mixture of the Jim Croce, Harry Chapin, Neil Young, Van Morrison and Warren Zevon stations

JT's version of You've Got A Friend on now