What are u listening to right now?

you can't watch that video without smiling BG-the guitarist with the tinsel all over him cracked me up when he started shaking his bum

It's hilarious. At one point, even their drummer is laughing. His name is Dave Hill, and he always tried to out glam everybody else.

EDIT: Did you notice Noddy Holder's acoustic in the first vid, SFJ? Looks familiar.

Edited by Borgoguy

It's hilarious. At one point, even their drummer is laughing. His name is Dave Hill, and he always tried to out glam everybody else.

I'm telling you dude I'm SO GLAD we grew up when we did as far as music goes. I was watching Festival Express the other day and to see the likes of The Band, Janis, Delaney and Bonnie, The Dead, Buddy Guy-all these people actually learned how to play and sing. Nowadays I can listen to top 40 radio and not be able to distinguish between who is singing what. Taylor Swift sounds like Pink who sounds like Kelly Clarkson and so on-all that BS breathy singing crap that they all use. I'm sorry music WAS better then...and ya know what it was probably better when our fathers were listening to Frank and Dean and Benny Goodman and Billie Holiday.

My gigs are like a music appreciation lesson to the young crowd I sometimes have to play to.

I'm telling you dude I'm SO GLAD we grew up when we did as far as music goes. I was watching Festival Express the other day and to see the likes of The Band, Janis, Delaney and Bonnie, The Dead, Buddy Guy-all these people actually learned how to play and sing. Nowadays I can listen to top 40 radio and not be able to distinguish between who is singing what. Taylor Swift sounds like Pink who sounds like Kelly Clarkson and so on-all that BS breathy singing crap that they all use. I'm sorry music WAS better then...and ya know what it was probably better when our fathers were listening to Frank and Dean and Benny Goodman and Billie Holiday.

My gigs are like a music appreciation lesson to the young crowd I sometimes have to play to.

Keep teaching the young folk, SFJ. I'm with you on Top 40. You're right, everyone sounds the same. Plus, with the advent of Pro-Tools, no one really needs to be able to sing in tune. Until they perform live, that is. Then they go into lip-synch mode. I've gotta split, but I am glad that I was able to live through the music of the 60s and 70s. For me, the 70s will never be topped.

Don't know if you saw my edit, but go check out Noddy Holder's acoustic in the first Slade vid I posted. Have a great night.