The Gun Of Bavaria

What are u listening to right now?

I'm not a huge Michael Graves Misfits fan...but I love this song...

I'm with you bro. You have the right attitude. Unfortunately I missed out on seeing them with Jerry. Only seen "The Dead" and a few of those cover bands and a couple of Bob Weir's stuff (ratdog) etc at festivals. Would have liked to have experienced the scene once or twice but I was too young...By the time i was old enough to care to see a dead show Jerry was a goner unfortunately.

Anyway as a sidenote, I LOVE the stuff he did w/ David Grisman. Any aspiring musician should be made to watch the dvd Grateful Dawg. Some amazing bluegrass stuff on there! A fantastic documentary for any music lover.

+ 1 on all of this...I do love Grateful Dawg...great stuff. Killer documentary.

Love the Celtic Bluegrass they do. Some of the best covers of those songs came from those two. Shady Grove, Whiskey in the Jar, I'm troubled.

Been listening to a lot of TSOL lately. Love Elvis meets punk rock. This song is teh awesome..."its grey"...sound isnt great.

Edited by JiF

awoooooooo awoooooooooooo

Kim Deal is awesome...The Breeders are a great band. Wont lie, not a huge fan of women singers...but I love this band. I've been listening to a lot of them lately. They've made some amazing albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msuOpKwGRXE

Imo, this song is better than anything the Strokes ever did as a group. Oh and I have a funny story...when the Strokes were at their peak I went to see them in Hartford, CT in baggy shorts, running sneakers. a tshirt and baseball hat. It was the first time i'd seen skinny jeans on so many dudes since MJ Fox in Back to the future. LOL I was a total fish out of water.

Got this CD on your recommendation...it was only $5 on Itunes.

The first 3 tracks are pretty awesome and worth the price of admission. The rest of the album is good...but those 3 songs are really fun and happy types. Like listening to them on the way to work in the morning.

11th Dimension is my favorite track. Does the beat remind you of an 80's song? Cant put my finger on what song...but it sounds familiar.

Love these guys. One of my favorite new bands in a long time. Really everything I've ever heard I love...but this is my fav...

Edited by JiF

wtf

Edited by JiF

Going to see these guys tomorrow...pretty excited.

I know we have some TV on the Radio fans in here, well, I saw them last night. Wow. What an amazing show. Quite the performance.

They played pretty much everyone of my favorites songs, but "Halfway Home" imparticular was amazing. The jam section part of that song toward the end was insanely loud and awesome and they jammed it out for like 3 minutes. Really really cool song live. Probably the song of the show for me.

So I just came to the realization today that Lenny Kravitz is, The All-Time Greatest Artist to have One Totally Awesome, Kick-a$$ Song per Every Album While the Rest of the Album is Extremely Meh. Here is the evidence...

Ha! Interesting observation. This is the only Lenny song I can handle.

My personal favorite song: not great sound but great performance:

Edited by JiF

Cant find the original but even this version is like the coolest rap song ever:

Crossed one off the bucket list last night.

For JiF:

Nice. Went to see these guys last night. Great show.

Love this one:

Cant get enough of this song:

Jimmy C....

one of the best albums of all time

Love that album.  Great starter album for someone trying to dig their feet into the Reggae sounds for the first time.

Ironically, I've been listening to this a lot lately which is featured on that sound track.  Love Reggae during the summer heat!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Klecko73isGod said:

That distinction belongs to this:

I'm partial to:

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company