What are u listening to right now?

Thirty minute improvs for the win. Amazing talent in LTE.

Tony Levin got in an argument with Portnoy and Petrucci, who wanted the band's songs to be carefully written and recorded. Levin wanted to improvise and see what happened. He started playing and said if everyone else doesn't join in in three minutes he would just leave. This is the result. :D

Edited by war ensemble
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The difference between this and rap nowadays is back in the day rappers were leaders.

Today we have little boys that are all about trouble. No more political revolution in this scene.

Edited by The Brooklyn Jet

Kleck,

I've always like the Foo Fighters from a far... I have most of their albums on my ipod and every now and then would play a song, will usually listen to their songs if on the radio...but that was about it...until I saw Skin and Bones on (i think it was) the HD Channel. I ended up watching the whole thing and fell in love. This band to me now, is like a hidden gem that was right there all the time, yet I never noticed until later. This whole concert/album is AWESOME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNGhLwwxh8&feature=related

Edited by HessStation

Kleck,

I've always like the Foo Fighters from a far... I have most of their albums on my ipod and every now and then would play a song, will usually listen to their songs if on the radio...but that was about it...until I saw Skin and Bones on (i think it was) the HD Channel. I ended up watching the whole thing and fell in love. This band to me now, is like a hidden gem that was right there all the time, yet I never noticed until later.

They're just a really kick a$$ rock and roll band.

There is Nothing Left to Lose is a classic album IMO. One of the top 5 rock records of the past 20 years.

It's funny but I don't think I've heard Bring the Noise since 8th grade yet I still know all the words by heart. I think It Takes a nation and Fear of a Black Planet were like the first rap "tapes" that i owned.

BASS!

How low can you go?

Death Row

What a brother know

Once again back is the incredible

The Rhyme Animal

The incredible D

Public Enemy number 1

5-0 said "Freeze"

And I got numb

Can I tell 'em that I never really had a gun?

But its the wax that the Terminator X Spun

• Upvote 1

BASS!

How low can you go?

Death Row

What a brother know

Once again back is the incredible

The Rhyme Animal

The incredible D

Public Enemy number 1

5-0 said "Freeze"

And I got numb

Can I tell 'em that I never really had a gun?

But its the wax that the Terminator X Spun

Now they got me in a cell cause my records they sell cause a brother like me said well...It's like riding a bike.

• Upvote 1

Now they got me in a cell cause my records they sell cause a brother like me said well...It's like riding a bike.

Yup, that's because PE was just so epic, it makes them easy to remember and hard to forget!

Epic - Elevated Narrative Poetry

Chuck D - The Hard Rhymer! Too Black, Too Strong!

"Radio stations, I question their blackness, they call themselves black, but we'll see if they'll play this!"

Edited by The Brooklyn Jet

Kleck,

I've always like the Foo Fighters from a far... I have most of their albums on my ipod and every now and then would play a song, will usually listen to their songs if on the radio...but that was about it...until I saw Skin and Bones on (i think it was) the HD Channel. I ended up watching the whole thing and fell in love. This band to me now, is like a hidden gem that was right there all the time, yet I never noticed until later. This whole concert/album is AWESOME.

Check out Probot, you will probably like them.

This is going to be a great movie!

"IT'S THE WILL TO WIN!"

When I heard that I no longer wanted to see this movie. Not that I would have anyway...just saying you can't stuff a whole bunch of cliches into 90 minutes and expect to get my 10 bucks.

Edited by SenorGato