What are u listening to right now?

I think it's about time Sean Lennon gets some major props. Could you imagine trying to be John Lennon's son and remain working in the music industry all this time. Not only has he exceeded expectations he's actually done it with class, dignity and style. Although you'll never hear any of his stuff on the radio he really has helped to create some great music. And MAAAN does he sound like his dad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbE82gYG5c

Edited by HessStation

So yeah I posted this song in another thread. And yeah as I'm getting old. I'm not into rocking out as much anymore. Anyway this has to be the BEST song ever about the apocalypse, at least that's how I hear/read it. This guy can paint a picture with words like a motha****er.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjiS578Cuc

Edited by HessStation

**** if I wasn't probably minus 3 or something. I've seen a gazillion rock shows in my life but I would probably give them all up to see Zeppelin in their hay day. Best Rock n Roll band EVER. I can't imagine hearing these songs when they were new and not played a bazillion times over and over on classic rock radio. When people ask I always tout Jimi Hendrix as the best guitarist. He's the guys whose songs I always try to learn and whatnot. But honestly from all the different live stuff I've heard/seen through the years, besides SRV, NOBODY could spaz out to a different level of time and holy heaven like Jimmy Page

Edited by HessStation

started out promising then fell off a cliff imo.. got ska'ee and the vocals weren't good..

still spin the battles though, which is the best reco i've gotten on here (and it was from you)

I concur. It's subpar but tell you the truth I've been waiting for something new for so long from them that I'll take what I can get at this point. Such is life with bands you love.

Whenever I listen to Mirrored now, all I feel is sadness. I was really looking forward to seeing where they'd go next and then Braxton left the band for solo BS.

Tonto FTW. This is still one of the toughest videos of recent memory, just straight awesomeness from 2:45 on. So hard to find bands that sound this tight nowadays.

I concur. It's subpar but tell you the truth I've been waiting for something new for so long from them that I'll take what I can get at this point. Such is life with bands you love.

Whenever I listen to Mirrored now, all I feel is sadness. I was really looking forward to seeing where they'd go next and then Braxton left the band for solo BS.

Tonto FTW. This is still one of the toughest videos of recent memory, just straight awesomeness from 2:45 on. So hard to find bands that sound this tight nowadays.

lol.. after your post earlier I searched tonto in youtube and watched the video again. Great tune

Bout ******* time.

started out promising then fell off a cliff imo.. got ska'ee and the vocals weren't good..

still spin the battles though, which is the best reco i've gotten on here (and it was from you)

Imo, this song is better than anything the Strokes ever did as a group. Oh and I have a funny story...when the Strokes were at their peak I went to see them in Hartford, CT in baggy shorts, running sneakers. a tshirt and baseball hat. It was the first time i'd seen skinny jeans on so many dudes since MJ Fox in Back to the future. LOL I was a total fish out of water.

Edited by HessStation

curious.. does anyone besides me listen to otehr peoples offering's that are new to them?

If it's something new that haven't heard before, yes, almost always. There was a song, Furr that became my favorite song for a while after Rutgers posted a long time ago and that Local Natives song Airplanes I really got into after someone posted it.