What are u listening to right now?

This is comedy, right?  Like an SNL skit or some such?

Riffs are ok, but the lyrics and image.....lol.  

Of course, I love(ed) me some Maiden, and Maiden wasn't much better frankly when it came to silly imagery.

No, it's a music video - most of those tend to be designed to catch people's attention, and I think playing on a longboat would get a little more notice than the bog standard live/ playing in a warehouse video so many bands seem to do these days.

And as for the lyrics, they're from the Faroe Islands, they tend to be into the whole Norse thing, or would you rather they sing about gangstas or something? :biggrin:

This is comedy, right?  Like an SNL skit or some such?

Riffs are ok, but the lyrics and image.....lol.  

Of course, I love(ed) me some Maiden, and Maiden wasn't much better frankly when it came to silly imagery.

There's a whole Euro pride thing going on with bands.  Glorifying traditional European history.  Here's another example of that, (I don't listen to them I just came across them and found it interesting in a way):

Then you remember that rock started off as an offshoot of blues.....

And as for the lyrics, they're from the Faroe Islands, they tend to be into the whole Norse thing, or would you rather they sing about gangstas or something? :biggrin:

Dear lord no.

You may have mistake me for some modern day Rap kiddie. I'm classic rock (mostly GD/Floyd) and metal (Tallica/Thrax/Maiden/Testement) all day long.

<-----Does that guy look like he listens to Rap? :)

This just struck me as.....campy.

There's a whole Euro pride thing going on with bands.  Glorifying traditional European history.

In Europe, they generally are wary of such things as various forms of Neo-Nazi'ism, and I have to admit, I got a little whiff of that from that vid of Viking-Rock as well.

Blame Himmler for appropriating the whole Nordic/Aryan/Pagan/Viking imagery thing.

• Upvote 1

Dear lord no.

You may have mistake me for some modern day Rap kiddie. I'm classic rock (mostly GD/Floyd) and metal (Tallica/Thrax/Maiden/Testement) all day long.

In Europe, they generally are wary of such things as various forms of Neo-Nazi'ism, and I have to admit, I got a little whiff of that from that vid of Viking-Rock as well.

Blame Himmler for appropriating the whole Nordic/Aryan/Pagan/Viking imagery thing.

Apparently the wealthier countries of Europe are having anti-immigration issues from both inside and outside the EU.  But not all of the Euro thing is negative, much of it is just taking from their past, like we do here.  John Fogarty of Creedence Clearwater was like the Tom Sawyer of rock, so I guess they're doing the same thing over there.

Anyway, on the periphery of the European thing-from the same label as those Vikings guys, surprisingly-is Edenbridge.  Love 'em, but not too many have heard of them.  They sing in English, but they're from Austria.

Dear lord no.

I know, I thought you might be offended if I said you want them to write about hippy s**t? :biggrin:

And yeah, a lot of these bands tend to get loads of retarded sh*t from the European far left crazies. Moonsorrow caught seven shades of s**t from them because some nutjob in Berlin saw one of their album covers, with the band's name and album title on a runestone. Saw there was a runic style S and decided all on his own, they were Nazis. So of course all the anti-fascists decided that Moonsorrow had to be banned and ostracised, despite all evidence that they were apolitical, trying to get their concerts banned, etc. Hell, even Tyr (the bunch you though were a camp SNL skit)? Also evil Nazis, according to these people.

Unsuprising though, the Antifa lot are the worst for this, they're basically what they profess to hate, even use nice red, white and black flags to show how much they hate fascism. Anyway, enough of the political crap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjV5zpkVF1E

And I f**king HATE this new stupid Youtube autoplay crap. It needs to be killed, and killed with fire.

• Upvote 1

NEW BLIND GUARDIAN ALBUM TODAY GUYS OMFG! 

Oh yes. Should be getting it next couple of days - assuming the store has it.

Korpiklaani were played that gig with Tyr I mentioned - Sabaton headlined - one of the best gigs ever.

And now for something completely different:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkY35Vvvv2k

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Also Tyr, korpiklaani, Turisas, Ensefirium, Wintersun are all great bands. No neo-nazi sh*t there. 

I checked out this thread because I ******* LOVE music, and imagine my surprise when people are discussing some of the kind of music I discovered recently. Korpiklaani, Turisas, Wintersun, Aww yeah! I love a wide variety of music and genres, and discovering new sh*t on youtube. So, I see your "Vodka", and raise you a "Drink".

https://youtu.be/f55CqLc6IR0

• Upvote 1