What are u listening to right now?

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

I just re-listened to Beck's incredible performances at Ronnie Scott's a few year's ago.  Beck has taken the electric guitar, and his virtuosity,  to new heights.  All the clips are on YouTube if you are not familiar with these shows.  His interpretation of this Beatles' classic gave me goose bumps.

Think they pulled the clips.  here's the audio anyway.  I remember Jimmy Page, who was in the audience, standing after the song.

thank you youtube.  I was at this show.  this was when they would let you into a stadium with a cooler, lol.  we drank rum and coke for hours.  not a bad show, van halen, metallica and scorps.  can you guess which scorpion had the coke problem ?

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2017 at 8:55 AM, munchmemory said:

Great choice.  Not many folks know the tune below.  I always think of it on rainy days or when you blow a 25 point lead with two minutes left in the third.

I did not know that song, thanks !

better Zep rainy day jam, Tangerine or That's the way?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Larz said:

I discovered Zep III freshman year during the winter, seems apropros today, lol

lol  Right?  Snowing like a muther-effer right now.

Zep III might be my favorite record of theirs.  Page was masterful in his blending of folk elements with their hard rock edge.  Great example is "Gallows Pole".  Just so skillfully played and produced.  The build up toward the end just kicks you in the face.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

lol  Right?  Snowing like a muther-effer right now.

Zep III might be my favorite record of theirs.  Page was masterful in his blending of folk elements with their hard rock edge.  Great example is "Gallows Pole".  Just so skillfully played and produced.  The build up toward the end just kicks you in the face.

Love that song.

Love this one too.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Interestingly I've been on record throughout my adult life that III is their best record. 

I go back and forth between II and III.  If you look at the music scene in 1969, II is just a staggering record.  The music and Page's production are so unlike almost anything else which existed at that time.  It just comes roaring out of the speakers.  But still has trademark folk elements like those in "Ramble On" and "Thank You".  

And only Page could take a Willie Dixon tune and interpret it in this arrangement from II.  Arguably, their most definitive track as a band.  Talk about roaring out of the speakers.

• Upvote 1