What are u listening to right now?

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

lol  Right?  Snowing like a muther-effer right now.

Zep III might be my favorite record of theirs.  Page was masterful in his blending of folk elements with their hard rock edge.  Great example is "Gallows Pole".  Just so skillfully played and produced.  The build up toward the end just kicks you in the face.

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Interestingly I've been on record throughout my adult life that III is their best record. 

I was a total square in high school, I knew their radio hits, but had never heard 75% of their music.   I will never forget sitting in a dorm room with these huge speakers cranked to 11 and hearing "bring it on home" the first time, but III was so different, so magical, it really just became a CD I wore out for the whole winter.  Winter was awesome back then, no shoveling, just fun and beautiful scenery, lol

Being a viking, when I read the lyrics to immigrant song I was like "how did I not know this song existed?"

Just an amazing record

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Still fun after all these years. 

51 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Good stuff. Don't remember it tho. Those are the lost years, lol.

I did pick up on the band Talk Talk tho, which started as new wave and veered off into almost avent garde, and still listen to them and the Mark Hollis solo album.

44 minutes ago, jetophile said:

^Yessss fckn Sir. I absolutely adore Kate Bush. She had some boring talking nonsense going on at some point, but we all get old and start to dodder around. 

Love her.

Two more from that album, which is timeless for me

On 2/17/2017 at 8:08 AM, HessStation said:

If you're into supernatural research and have Spotify...Podcast, Astonishing Legends, and start with the Skinwalker Ranch Part 1. Awesome stuff. 

Even the Spring Heeled Jack episode is good and creepy. I'm telling you, if you have a hard time sleeping and like getting creeped out, listen to this podcast with ear buds in the dark at night before bed or on a long drive in the car. They are A+ Excellent IMO. 

For all you Purple fans:  Nice Lazy cover:

Stumbled onto this.   And Ian Gillian would be proud of the vocals. It may not be a Hammond, but nothing like an organ in overdrive.  Makes me want to hear a Billy Preston song.

edit: Jimmy Barnes is a great Australian vocalist.  He kills it here. 

• Upvote 1