What are u listening to right now?

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Since we're talking about Beck.  I am not familiar with Richard Bailey.  But this guy can play drums.

I know him a little bit.  He is great.  Not his fault, but he plays on this ridiculous Jack Nicholson performance from Tommy.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

I know him a little bit.  He is great.  Not his fault, but he plays on this ridiculous Jack Nicholson performance from Tommy.  

I'm a Who freak, so cannot even click on that link.  I disavow all aspects of that movie (all except Ann Margaret's breasts).  After seeing it when it was released, my friends and I (all Who nuts) wanted to kill Ken Russell.  lol

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

I'm a Who freak, so cannot even click on that link.  I disavow all aspects of that movie (all except Ann Margaret's breasts).  After seeing it when it was released, my friends and I (all Who nuts) wanted to kill Ken Russell.  lol

I would argue that the soundtrack versions of Sensation, I'm Free and Eyesight to the Blind are significantly better than the studio versions.  Other than that I wholeheartedly agree, all the way down to A-M's breasts.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, AFCEastFan said:

I would argue that the soundtrack versions of Sensation, I'm Free and Eyesight to the Blind are significantly better than the studio versions.  Other than that I wholeheartedly agree, all the way down to A-M's breasts.  

Yeah, gun to my head, I like a few numbers too.  

• Upvote 1

I love Pete Townshend, but threw out a classic Rolling Stone with Pete Townshend hand to face bleeding after he went full pedo. It's when the Rolling Stone was a newspaper. That sh*t would probably be worth a gazillion rupees now. Anyway, gross.  Well, he said that he was just curious and trying to stop such things, but no, a million times no. You punched in your cc info, gtfo.  His pw was probably let my love open the door. 

5 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I threw out a classic Rolling Stone with Pete Townshend hand to face bleeding after he went full pedo.  That sh*t would probably be worth a gazillion rupees now. Anyway, gross.  Well, he said that he was just curious and trying to stop such things, but no, a million times no. You punched in your cc info, gtfo.  His pw was probably let my love open the door. 

mmm...I love Thorazine dreams.....

On 3/20/2017 at 5:48 PM, munchmemory said:

That's the second Who/Townshend ditty you've posted I wasn't familiar with

Like him or hate him, believe him or not, dudes a genius.....and prolific

Always loved this album....

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JohnJ said:

That's the second Who/Townshend ditty you've posted I wasn't familiar with

Like him or hate him, believe him or not, dudes a genius.....and prolific

Always loved this album....

Love Pete's guitar work/tone in the song.  You can hear several of his trademark songwriting elements.  I've been hacking around on guitar since the 60s.  No one other than Jimmy Page has influenced my "style" more than Pete.  He always had  a proclivity for unique chord voicings.  Plus, his right hand strumming is unparalleled in rock.  

As for posting those tunes you did not know: That's the product of growing up with a group of friends who all idolized The Who.  Every new record's release was treated with excitement and a chance to learn new songs on guitar.  I must admit that I stopped following as closely after Keith Moon died.  

If you haven't already, make sure to check out "Odds & Sods" as well as the "Lifehouse Chronicles" (a collection of demos Pete recorded in his home studio before presenting the songs to the band), most of which exist of YouTube to preview.  I absolutely love hearing Pete's vision before John, Keith and Roger added their unique spins.  Also, if you dig The Who, it might be interesting for you to read up on Pete's "failed" Lifehouse concept which eventually morphed into their masterpiece (IMO) "Who's Next".

Like so many Who fans, over the years, it would drive me insane when people would refer to "Baba O'Riley" as "teenage wasteland".  In actuality, there was a song from Pete's "Lifehouse" project with this title.  I've included it below so you can hear how many of the tune's elements were incorporated into "Baba". 

While I'm at it, here's a personal favorite from "Odds & Sods" with The Who channeling The Beach Boys:

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Love Pete's guitar work/tone in the song.  You can hear several of his trademark songwriting elements.  I've been hacking around on guitar since the 60s.  No one other than Jimmy Page has influenced my "style" more than Pete.  He always had  a proclivity for unique chord voicings.  Plus, his right hand strumming is unparalleled in rock.  

As for posting those tunes you did not know: That's the product of growing up with a group of friends who all idolized The Who.  Every new record's release was treated with excitement and a chance to learn new songs on guitar.  I must admit that I stopped following as closely after Keith Moon died.  

If you haven't already, make sure to check out "Odds & Sods" as well as the "Lifehouse Chronicles" (a collection of demos Pete recorded in his home studio before presenting the songs to the band), most of which exist of YouTube to preview.  I absolutely love hearing Pete's vision before John, Keith and Roger added their unique spins.  Also, if you dig The Who, it might be interesting for you to read up on Pete's "failed" Lifehouse concept which eventually morphed into their masterpiece (IMO) "Who's Next".

Like so many Who fans, over the years, it would drive me insane when people would refer to "Baba O'Riley" as "teenage wasteland".  In actuality, there was a song from Pete's "Lifehouse" project with this title.  I've included it below so you can hear how many of the tune's elements were incorporated into "Baba". 

While I'm at it, here's a personal favorite from "Odds & Sods" with The Who channeling The Beach Boys:

I always thought Odds & Sods was a compilation/hits type album...until your post a while back. I had never taken a close look at it. That's on the list now.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, peebag said:

You are one lucky basteed!

I was there opening night (pressed against the left side of the stage) where the idiot promoter over-sold the show by a lot.  Found out later that the only exit was down the main staircase.  If there had been a fire or some other calamity, almost everyone would have died.   After the show, the NYC Fire Marshall cancelled the rest of the gigs until they could get a handle on the number of people in the audience.  Think they postponed the next show for a week.  After that, the Clash played for like two weeks I think.

"Bond's, a former clothing store at 1526 Broadway, was closed early by fire officials Thursday night after inspectors reported that they had counted more than 3,600 people jammed into the club. Each customer had paid $10 to see the Clash. The club can legally accommodate only 1,800 people."

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/05/31/nyregion/city-shuts-bonds-disco-clash-show-is-canceled.html