What are u listening to right now?

Whats great about Jazz is the same tune can be carried in 100 different ways. I put together a playlist of "Love for Sale" yesterday .  10 artists, 10 versions.  KD Lang did a rendition.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dexter was a boss back then. Love his style. Him and Sonny Rollins,Stan Getz wow.

You mention how jazz artists can take an often played song and transform it, Dexter does a version of Tangerine that exemplifies this.

On 5/14/2017 at 7:35 AM, Kleckineau said:

Whats great about Jazz is the same tune can be carried in 100 different ways. I put together a playlist of "Love for Sale" yesterday .  10 artists, 10 versions.  KD Lang did a rendition.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dexter was a boss back then. Love his style. Him and Sonny Rollins,Stan Getz wow.

You mention how jazz artists can take an often played song and transform it, Dexter does a version of Tangerine that exemplifies this.

Im a HUGE Dexter Gordon fan.

This is a piece he did with one of my favorite vocalists.  Its on his Goyham album.

I assume you've seen "Round Midnight".  he starts a a sax player living in France.

On 5/15/2017 at 9:04 AM, southparkcpa said:

Im a HUGE Dexter Gordon fan.

This is a piece he did with one of my favorite vocalists.  Its on his Goyham album.

I assume you've seen "Round Midnight".  he starts a a sax player living in France.

Round Midnight is a beautiful film. Never understood why they didnt use his real name in it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...