The Gun Of Bavaria

What are u listening to right now?

Just picked up this Phife Dog lyric...

"Pass, been waiting for a Jets title since last, the Todd Todd Bowles, Gang Green on that ass"

I feel like JF80 right now because I actually like this song.  

FLAME AWAY!!!!!

On 3/3/2017 at 10:55 PM, JohnJ said:

Grew to love this song after seeing that movie

Love Tears for Fears.  There is a rumor swirling that they'll be touring with Hall and Oates this year.  And I'm not ashamed to say I will be going to that show dancing my ass off and singling lyrics like a preteen with a crush., no doubt. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/2/2017 at 10:25 AM, JiF said:

I feel like JF80 right now because I actually like this song.  

FLAME AWAY!!!!!

Kind of let down nobody gave me grief for enjoying this song. 

17 minutes ago, HessStation said:

THe Mandela Effect 

look it up

Hahahahah - did this.  Vader never says, "Luke, I am your father"...WHAT!!!!!?????

But how does it apply here?

Just now, HessStation said:

The song sucks Toots

It's terrible.  I know it is but I like it and cant figure out why.

Just now, HessStation said:

He/they were talking about Donnie Darko which is especially, more or less, about the Mandela Effect. i.e. A tear or rip in a parallel universe that overlaps with our own reality. 

Gotcha.  I thought you meant the song.

Darko is one of my favorite all time movies. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Because the Chainsmokers are talentless hacks? The non acoustic version is only saved by Halsey, who is wonderful. 

It's a terrible song by a terrible band but I like it and it makes me hate myself. 

I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers last night. 

IT SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

One of the most overrated bands ever.  Go listen to tyhe Fishbone track I posted above.  Then go through their stuff.  Really, really tight band made up of insanely talented musicians.  RHCPs wouldn't have the balls to walk on stage after Fishbone.

I liked the early RHCP's.  But everything after BSSM has been nothing but mainstream Pop and that's exactly what that show was.  12 songs, barely an hour and half, zero energy, boring songs (the best one they did was Search and Destroy from the Stooges), it was like they were trying to create energy that wasn there.  Just overall terrible.

That said, Flea is still a bad ass.  The best sh*t they did was let him do these insane base lines in between each terrible song. 

• Upvote 1

Could you imagine being present for this?

• Upvote 2

• Upvote 2

On 4/7/2019 at 8:34 AM, BUM-KNEE said:

Nice!  I'm currently listening to this album myself.   Check out my location ;-) 

Love this song;

• Upvote 2

I miss him so much...

• Upvote 1

• Upvote 1

On 6/28/2019 at 2:55 PM, Apache 51 said:

I can remember listening to his Changesone album in like 1976/77, my cousin had it she was 13, and I was 11.  Don't remember the songs but remember the album cover.

He had one blue eye and one brown although this was black and white cover? What an album.

Love that tune...one of my favorites.

Came on so loaded man, well hung and snow white tan.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

That's my favorite Bowie song.

We live for just these 20 years, do we die for 50 more?

Bowie was lyrical genius.  It's hard for me to say what my favorite Bowie song is;  he's my favorite solo artist of all time (Prince close 2nd).  So I love his entire collection but if I had to pick some of my favorites it would be something like:

Moonage Daydream, 5 years, Oh you Pretty Things, Suffragette City, Heroes, Seven. Rock N Roll suicide 

**** so many more...so hard to narrow it down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peebag said:

can't wait to see these guys in September

Nice! seeing them in Nov. with Modest Mouse. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/2/2019 at 8:16 PM, T0mShane said:

I’ve seen Black Keys twice. Ungodly boring. I’d imagine MM will be fun, though.

I've seen them before, I thought it was incredible 2 dudes could make so many sounds.  I was impressed.

MM is great, seen them quite a few times.  Always a great show.  They bring a lot of folks on stage, they almost get to like a 10 piece at times some series extended jams. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I actually felt bad about typing that abut The Black Keys because the concert experience is so subjective and what some people find awesome, others find to be sh*t (and vice versa). My bad

You are forgiven, Tom.  

...this time...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I hate Miley Cyrus (much prefer Hanna Montana) but this isn't a bad version.

Peace Frog, I'd like to smack you right now for quoting that beautiful song by a genius like Paul Simon with this absolute dog sh*t.  

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

The sadness of this song always gets me.  Acoustic makes it even worse.

Because I love the Bros, I'll forgive you by posting this because it's awesome.  But man, dont ever **** with me like that again.  :)

• Upvote 1

I'm digging this new Pearl Jam track.  It's like the boys are channeling the Talking Heads and especially Vedder to Byrne

On 5/11/2020 at 12:31 PM, munchmemory said:

Diamond Dogs tour at MSG for me.  Still wish I had seen the Ziggy tour.  

I can't imagaine anyone seeing a Bowie concert and NOT beiong blown away.  His catalog is almost unparalleled, and I defy anyone to point to any other rock artist better on stage.  And don't get me started on the performers he's assembled for his touring bands over the years.

Can't say I recall exact songs from that night.  Too old and most likely too bombed from various sources/substances.  But check out the song list from his MSG, Diamond Dogs gig back in 1974.  Wow.

1. (Eddie Floyd cover)
  2. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
  3. https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/david-bowie/1974/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-73d82625.html

OMG, so jealous, this looks incredible.  I unfortunately never got to see him live and Bowie is like top 3 all time for me.  I love everything the man ever did and I miss him dearly.  

Speaking of the performers he assembled, they were doing a tour after he passed and they were absolutely incredible.  

• Upvote 1

If there are any Beastie Boys fans out there; there new doc. Beastie Boys Story, is incredible.  Really makes you appreciate just how incredibly talented songwriters they were and how amazing of a person Adam Yauch was not only just how incredibly gifted he was musically but the impact he's had on the world.  They do a great job of showing the evolution of their music/style and while they dont brag on it, it's so obvious the impact they've had in the hip-hop music that they'll never be truly credited for and I do think race plays a big factor but nobody, nobody was doing the looping, sampling and mastering of the 808 and SP1200 like the Beasties did and when they took a step further and didnt use as many samples but started to use their own music to sample; sorry call me a fanboi but nobody else has ever and will ever do it this good again.

Probably one of their best songs that showcase their evolution;  this a band who once had a song called, "Girls" - to do the dishes, to clean up my room, etc.  And 20 years later a song about how inappropriate it is to eye woman up and down, all instruments and singing. 

....love these dudes.

• Upvote 1

One thing they share in the documentary is that Yauch the bass guitarist, was just such a naturally gifted musician (well everything) that one day he just showed up to the recording studio with a stand up bass and had apparenlty mastered it by the time they started jamming.  Terrible quality but my favorite instrumental jam they do.  Yauch bass rift is just brilliant and yes, he created the Tibetan Freedom Concert, largest free show since Live AID. 

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company