What are u listening to right now?

I stumbled on this reunion of Santana's late 1960's - 1970's original band.  Most of the originals members are there including Michael Shrieve (drums - and one of the all time best) and Greg Rollie (Journey frontman) on his awesome Hammond. 46 years later, they sound great. 

Also, check out the Tanglewood 1970 performance below.  Simply the best rendition of Soul Sacrifice ever.  Michael Shrieve is the driving force, especially in the last few minutes after his "Woodstock" solo.

Love this.

2016:

1970 @ Tanglewood, 46 years earlier (get a load of Shrieve's cheap drum set... the high hat is wobbling all over the place... too funny.) One of the best drum solos ever and even better when the band hops back in.

(looks like an entranced, drug induced @T0mShane standing in the audience at 11:37)

• Upvote 4

On 9/19/2019 at 10:21 AM, Dcat said:

I stumbled on this reunion of Santana's late 1960's - 1970's original band.  Most of the originals members are there including Michael Shrieve (drums - and one of the all time best) and Greg Rollie (Journey frontman) on his awesome Hammond. 46 years later, they sound great. 

Also, check out the Tanglewood 1970 performance below.  Simply the best rendition of Soul Sacrifice ever.  Michael Shrieve is the driving force, especially in the last few minutes after his "Woodstock" solo.

Love this.

2016:

1970 @ Tanglewood, 46 years earlier (get a load of Shrieve's cheap drum set... the high hat is wobbling all over the place... too funny.) One of the best drum solos ever and even better when the band hops back in.

(looks like an entranced, drug induced @T0mShane standing in the audience at 11:37)

The drugs were so much better then. I heard. 

Love this.

2016:

Saw Santana 2 years ago at the PNC Performing Arts Center down the shore.

Three sets--first and third were classic Santana--he was awesome.

Second set was his f*cking son and daughter in law's band and they sucked and I almost asked for a 1/3rd refund because I didn't pay to see him prop up his sh*tty son's fledgling musical career.  

Nepotism in hiring sucks but it doesn't effect me.  But when I'm PAYING for that nepotism?  GTFO.

Love this.

2016:

Great share.  Never seen this version before.  I like the Woodstock solo much better (much more dynamic and varied in tempo than this version) but I like the post-solo performance much better in this version than in the Woodstock version.  Both versions are great though - I'm a big Shrieve fan.

• Sympathy 1