What are u listening to right now?

At age 13, 1978, I was a Dead Head, influenced by my friends older brothers that were 10 years our senior. However, one of my first concerts and musicians I liked was HC, I remember the day he died, obviously gone too soon,he had so much more to give. I know he was an acquired taste. Saw him twice once at the then Morristown Stage, and GS Arts center. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

At age 13, 1978, I was a Dead Head, influenced by my friends older brothers that were 10 years our senior. However, one of my first concerts and musicians I liked was HC, I remember the day he died, obviously gone too soon,he had so much more to give. I know he was an acquired taste. Saw him twice once at the then Morristown Stage, and GS Arts center. 

Saw Harry several times back then.  Always a great show.  One of the best "storyteller" singer/songwriters.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

First concert I ever saw was Harry and his "6 string orchestra" performing at South Side HIgh School in Rockville Centre.  It was probably about 1974.  Taken way too soon.

• Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

driving a beat up old VW Bug on the LIE Westbound not far from Huntington.  Broke my heart.  He would play at Stony Brook.. bringing anyone and everyone on stage to "try out" for the Taxi high notes.  He was also a tremendous humanitarian. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Congratulations Marc.  Long overdue.  Electric Boogie section at 2:16 is the definition of rock 'n' roll.

"Standin' on a corner by my old high school
I let this female call me a fool
I got on my knees and I begged to the sun
Yeah, and I knew that my manhood had begun
Boogie on, electric boogie, boogie on
Embrace your brother, dance in the mud like a Palamino stud
Come along
Hold my hand"

• Post of the Week 1

On 1/20/2020 at 7:52 PM, munchmemory said:

Congratulations Marc.  Long overdue.  Electric Boogie section at 2:16 is the definition of rock 'n' roll.

"Standin' on a corner by my old high school
I let this female call me a fool
I got on my knees and I begged to the sun
Yeah, and I knew that my manhood had begun
Boogie on, electric boogie, boogie on
Embrace your brother, dance in the mud like a Palamino stud
Come along
Hold my hand"

• Sympathy 1

On 1/30/2020 at 4:53 PM, JiF said:

I'm digging this new Pearl Jam track.  It's like the boys are channeling the Talking Heads and especially Vedder to Byrne

wow ... every pearl jam fan I know can't stand it

i like pearl jam but am too old to have been part of the whole "grunge" thing ... but it doesn't do anything for me either

On 2/2/2020 at 6:54 AM, munchmemory said:

Saw them on this tour.  Man, these guys could rock.

Had tickets to see them in 96 but the crazy chick I was with split town along with the tickets.  I never got to see them and now Neil is dead.  And I hate the world. 

But at least I saw these guys...  and not a lot my friends did.

• Sympathy 1