What are u listening to right now?

On 3/9/2020 at 10:29 AM, The Crimson King said:

Dweezil is playing his Dad's Hot Rats on tour so we are going to see him this week. This is the jam from that album. That's Sugarcane Harris on the EV, not Ponty. Ian Underwood does the tenor solo. Great piece to jam along to. 

Ian Underwood used to live near a video store I worked at.  One time he came in and after seeing his name... I flipped.  He came back a day later and signed Hot Rats and talked about a bit about Zappa.  Primary 200 Motels because I had just bought the album.  He seemed "freaked out" (har har) by the Zappa tattoo I showed him. But his two twin girls were with him so I can't say as I blame him!   I've met Ike Willis a couple of time too.  Nice but had some drug problems a while back and took him a while to get back on his feet.  But still a great singer and musician in general.

• Sympathy 2

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I just need this today.  Wish I had my old 100 watt Sunn amp to run this thru.  That would clear my neighborhood of any COVID-19.

I think Josh Hkmme usee to use Sunn Amps (a classic Model T) when he was in Kyuss or then with QOTSA.  A ton of stoner rock bands used to.  You needed that sustained chunky distortion when your bass is that loud.  Fu Manchu "In Search Of" album comes to mind.  Although I am sure they still use Marahalls.

• Sympathy 2

7 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

I think Josh Hkmme usee to use Sunn Amps (a classic Model T) when he was in Kyuss or then with QOTSA.  A ton of stoner rock bands used to.  You needed that sustained chunky distortion when your bass is that loud.  Fu Mancvu "In Search Of" album comes to mind.  Although I am sure theh still use Marahalls.

Thanks for your great post.  Yeah, I'm talking about a Sunn amp I bought from someone in the early 70s for like $150, which was money for a kid like me.  There were days when my roommate and I would run our stereo through it and blast rock (Rush, Zep, The Who...) into the quad.  Dude, I had the volume at like two and it was deafening.  Had the RA banging on the door to our suite to turn it down.  lol  We almost got kicked out of the dorm.

• Post of the Week 3

9 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Thanks for your great post.  Yeah, I'm talking about a Sunn amp I bought from someone in the early 70s for like $150, which was money for a kid like me.  There were days when my roommate and I would run our stereo through it and blast rock (Rush, Zep, The Who...) into the quad.  Dude, I had the volume at like two and it was deafening.  Had the RA banging on the door to our suite to turn it down.  lol  We almost got kicked out of the dorm.

and yet another Hero of the Day Award for MM

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1