What are u listening to right now?

Lots of rage and frustration has filled my heart over the past few weeks and the one song that is just on repeat in my head as I keep reading more and more ridiculously terrible stories of racial injustice, Preach on NOFX, preach on:

Just discovered Zamrock. Apparently, in the early-mid 70's, after Zambia gained its independence from Britain, the president ordered that 95% of songs played on the radio had to come from Zambia, so everyone rushed to make songs. What followed was some awesome fuzz/psych rock. The best of them was W.I.T.C.H. (We Intend To Cause Havoc!). Badass name for a badass band. Anyways, here they are. Sad story to end it, as all the members except the lead singer died of AIDS (he's still touring), but good to remember them by their music.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Just discovered Zamrock. Apparently, in the early-mid 70's, after Zambia gained its independence from Britain, the president ordered that 95% of songs played on the radio had to come from Zambia, so everyone rushed to make songs. What followed was some awesome fuzz/psych rock. The best of them was W.I.T.C.H. (We Intend To Cause Havoc!). Badass name for a badass band. Anyways, here they are. Sad story to end it, as all the members except the lead singer died of AIDS (he's still touring), but good to remember them by their music.

Was not aware of this music.  Thanks for sharing.  Sound reminds me a bit of Canned Heat for some reason.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Was not aware of this music.  Thanks for sharing.  Sound reminds me a bit of Canned Heat for some reason.

Yup. It's pretty good stuff. Here's another one by Blackfoot (no, not that one):

Not as fuzzy, but still badass.

In the cool of the evenin' when ev'rything is gettin' kind of groovy I call you up and ask you if you'd like to go with me and see a movie First you say "no", you've got some plans for the night And then you stop, and say, "all right" Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you You always keep me guessin', I never seem to know what you are thinkin' And if some fellow looks at you, it's for sure your little eye will be a-winkin' I get confused, 'cause I don't know where I stand And then you smile, and hold my hand Love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you Spooky spooky yeah, yeah If you decide someday to stop this little game that you are playin' I'm gonna tell you all that my heart's been a-dyin' to be sayin' Just like a ghost, you've been a-hauntin' my dreams So I'll propose on Halloween Baby, love is kinda crazy with a spooky little girl like you Spooky, yeah, yeah