What are u listening to right now?

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

Been listening to the back catalog of these guys, pretty awesome

Here's some new stuff

..and some old

I know the second song, but not the first.  Some interesting pop elements in both tunes.  Who has not immediately fallen into swooning  love with the beautiful redhead in the first video?   And the singer in the second is a dead ringer for Marc Bolan.

Thanks for these, pb.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

Just recently got into this guy's discography, might tasty!

Please.  Buckley knew his way around a guitar fretboard.  Very talented player and songwriter.  Tragic how he died.  Again, another young artist gone before realizing his full potential.   Enjoy the journey into his work.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, peebag said:

Chelsea Dagger.  The Chicago Blackhawks "goal" song.  Don't think I have ever listened to the whole song before.  Last sporting event I attended live before this shutdown was a Hawks-Islanders game at the United Center.   Hawks kicked Isles asses.  Heard way too much of that song.  Do da doot do da doot doo da doo da doo da doot.  Over and over.  All night.

Actually it is good to be reminded of actually going out and having fun in public, even if my team lost.  Thanks

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

Chelsea Dagger.  The Chicago Blackhawks "goal" song.  Don't think I have ever listened to the whole song before.  Last sporting event I attended live before this shutdown was a Hawks-Islanders game at the United Center.   Hawks kicked Isles asses.  Heard way too much of that song.  Do da doot do da doot doo da doo da doo da doot.  Over and over.  All night.

Actually it is good to be reminded of actually going out and having fun in public, even if my team lost.  Thanks

LOL - funny you should say that, the comments on the youtube page about the Blackhawks left me a bit confused but the trash talking was hilarous!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

This is one of the things I love about this thread.  Every now and again, someone posts a song by a band that you have almost completely forgotten existed.  Probably have not listened to these guys in 40+ years.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is one of the things I love about this thread.  Every now and again, someone posts a song by a band that you have almost completely forgotten existed.  Probably have not listened to these guys in 40+ years.

Glad I shared it then.  "All the Way From Memphis" is such a fantastic song.  Ian Hunter's piano is a standout. on the studio version

EDIT:  Oops, forgot to write that Roxy Music's Andy Mackay performs the excellent sax in the studio version as well.

Either with Mott or solo, I was/am a huge Ian Hunter fan.  In my book, he goes down as one of the great songwriters to emerge from England.   I was fortunate to see him several times and those shows were never a disappointment.