What are u listening to right now?

On 1/2/2021 at 4:47 PM, AFCEastFan said:

Maybe the 3 best cover bands on youtube (in no particular order):

You weren't kidding about the quality of these cover bands.   The Boston one is particularly good.  They nailed all of Scholz' parts.  The Chicago one is pretty dead on, too.   Thanks for sharing these, AFC.  Happy New Year, man.

• Upvote 2

On 1/4/2021 at 1:28 PM, munchmemory said:

You weren't kidding about the quality of these cover bands.   The Boston one is particularly good.  They nailed all of Scholz' parts.  The Chicago one is pretty dead on, too.   Thanks for sharing these, AFC.  Happy New Year, man.

Happy New Year to you too!  

I actually owe it to JN that I am now hooked on the second of the cover bands I posted.  It was years ago, in this very thread, that someone posted the following Todd Rundgren cover.  I was blown away by the quality of the performance and post-production work despite the humble venue, which appears to be outside a Chipotle or similarly random restaurant in a strip mall.  And as great as this performance is, it probably doesn't even break my top 10 favorite performances from these guys.  Well worth exploring their full catalogue if you like their sound.  

• Sympathy 1

On 1/2/2021 at 4:47 PM, AFCEastFan said:

Maybe the 3 best cover bands on youtube (in no particular order):

That was great!!!!  Thanks. I Loved playing bass with horns when I was in college.  I miss it so much. I didn’t bother to check but English is not their first language.  Eastern European?  any idea? 

19 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

That was great!!!!  Thanks. I Loved playing bass with horns when I was in college.  I miss it so much. I didn’t bother to check but English is not their first language.  Eastern European?  any idea? 

Glad you enjoyed!  Per the below article, the band leader is a Moscow-based music producer.  The band members are Russian and Ukrainian.  

https://www.pennlive.com/entertainment/2019/07/how-the-whim-of-a-moscow-music-producer-created-a-chicago-cover-band-made-of-russians-leonid-friends.html

• Upvote 1