What are u listening to right now?

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

RIP Tim Bogert

favorite comment :

IF you grew up when I did and listened to Vanilla Fudge, specifically this song, you'd get your speakers, turn them towards each other, crank the hell out of the stereo and lay down between the speakers,,,,, Just Amazing!

(LOL my little bed was directly between the boxes in my little room in a Queens Lefrak APT.)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

As long as we are doing some rare stuff from the Who, I love this clip of them doing Barbara Ann from The Kids are Alright.  I believe they used to cover this when they first started out as The Detours.

As you might expect, I LOVE this.  Along with my friends (also insane Who fans) recall going into "The City" to see The Kids Are Alright" when it was first released.

You might know that Keith Moon was a sick Beach Boys fan.  Even saying he would quit The Who to become the BB drummer.

It has emerged in a recent interview with The Who frontman Roger Daltrey that drum loon Keith Moon was so keen on The Beach Boys that he would have left The Who to join them if he'd been given the chance. 

Daltrey told Australian tabloid The Courier-Mail: "He was a mad Beach Boys fan. He would have left the Who at the drop of a hat to join the Beach Boys. Even at our height, when the Beach Boys were on their way down and the Who were at the top of the world, if the Beach Boys had asked him to drum for them, he would have gone. We used to do 'Barbara Ann' for Keith to keep him happy!"

Imagine what the Beach Boys would have sounded like that with a little of Moonie's percussive input...

https://www.musicradar.com/rhythm/keith-moon-was-a-beach-boys-fan-says-daltrey-247264

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Keith Moon just doesn't get enough credit.  

One of the drum immortals.  Moon had a very unique way of playing.  Thunderous, but still somehow melodic.  Drove Townshend insane as he never played straight time in any of his songs.   Listen to some of Pete's demos, then compare with the finished Who track.  It's startling.

Anyway, I regard Quadrophenia as a masterwork.  Right there with Who's Next as my favorites from the band.  This song clearly illustrates Moon's power and unorthodox approach to rock drumming.  Gives me chills even 48 years later.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME BEFORE NOW THAT ICE-T HAS A METAL BAND? WTF!

My bad for not telling you.  Their eponymous song is arguably the best concert opener of any band in history.  And their cover of Hey Joe is by far my favorite version of the tune (and that is coming from a huge Hendrix fan).   

Their late drummer Victor "Beatmaster V" Wilson is a monster on the kit and one of my faves - very underrated performer.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Bro, Body Count came out with the controversial "Cop Killer" in 1992...

I'm always late to the party, lol.

4 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

My bad for not telling you.  Their eponymous song is arguably the best concert opener of any band in history.  And their cover of Hey Joe is by far my favorite version of the tune (and that is coming from a huge Hendrix fan).   

Their late drummer Victor "Beatmaster V" Wilson is a monster on the kit and one of my faves - very underrated performer.  

I love that song! I've gotta listen to their cover now! Thanks!

• Upvote 1