What are u listening to right now?

Probably going to be one of those "entire album" days.  Starting with one of my top 10 all-time albums Traffic: Adam Gase John Barleycorn Must Die.  Chris Wood's flute and Sax on Glad and Freedom Rider are euphoric.   Talented man.  RIP.  

great comment (love reading the comments):

this music came out as early as 1970 and it´s definatelly ahead of all times what a trio Traffic was by then , just the groove betwin wiwoods bass pedals on the organ and Capaldi´s Drums remains something of a unique kind , Chriss Wood with whom I had the pleasure of playing recording and composing had something so spetial to his Playing. he was the part of the trio that having a melodic instrument semmed to create rithms adding stabs in the sax and thrills on the flute that where a new thing for young fellers like me by then ,Traffic woahhh Traffic and now Winwood counts with Richard Bailey on the Drums and timbales , I also had the pleasure of counting Richard as one of my good friends in England and also he played in my Band Spiteri for some Years what a thrill that was .......

Show less

• Sympathy 1

On 2/1/2021 at 8:46 AM, Dcat said:

Probably going to be one of those "entire album" days.  Starting with one of my top 10 all-time albums Traffic: Adam Gase John Barleycorn Must Die.  Chris Wood's flute and Sax on Glad and Freedom Rider are euphoric.   Talented man.  RIP.  

great comment (love reading the comments):

Great selection for your top 10.  Low Spark is probably my favorite Traffic album by a slight margin over JBMD, mainly because Winwood's and Capaldi's drumming on JBMD (apart from Capaldi's masterful performance on Empty Pages) is just not in the same league as Jim Gordon's on Low Spark. 

No shame in falling short by comparison to Gordon though - and major credit to Winwood for doing a more than passable job behind the kit on Stranger to Himself and the bonus track Sitting Here Thinking of My Love.  Both albums are great and in my own personal top 10.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

Great selection for your top 10.  Low Spark is probably my favorite Traffic album by a slight margin over JBMD, mainly because Winwood's and Capaldi's drumming on JBMD (apart from Capaldi's masterful performance on Empty Pages) is just not in the same league as Jim Gordon's on Low Spark. 

No shame in falling short by comparison to Gordon though - and major credit to Winwood for doing a more than passable job behind the kit on Stranger to Himself and the bonus track Sitting Here Thinking of My Love.  Both albums are great and in my own personal top 10.  

Love Low Spark too. 
I remember my mother looking at me (14 yrs old) funny when she heard "..light up or leave me alone..."  spinning on my Technics TT.  1st thing that came to mind when you mentioned the album. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/2/2021 at 8:32 PM, Larz said:

Aint no damn way this isn’t one of the best songs ever recorded 

Um

this is supposed to be she’s gone lol

agreed....the whole album that song is off of, is actually very good.  Here's another tasty track

edit: Sweet ripped of the lyrics from this track.

On 2/6/2021 at 2:35 PM, JiF said:

My dudes, this is the greatest story I’ve ever heard.  It’s incredible.  If you haven’t seen this or heard this band, watch.  Watch it anyway.  Holy sh*t.  It’s unreal

Awesome.  Just watched it tonight.  What a great story.  Thanks for posting.

9 hours ago, Lith said:

Awesome.  Just watched it tonight.  What a great story.  Thanks for posting.

Amazing, right?  It's almost hard to believe, I was jaw dropped by the end.  What is even crazier is that I'm just now hearing about it.  I consider myself a music buff, especially in the punk genre.  Such a rad story.  Wish their brother was alive to see he was right.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Amazing, right?  It's almost hard to believe, I was jaw dropped by the end.  What is even crazier is that I'm just now hearing about it.  I consider myself a music buff, especially in the punk genre.  Such a rad story.  Wish their brother was alive to see he was right.

Agreed.  First 30 mintues or so I was not sure where the story was going.  I am glad you didn't provide any details, so I had no idea how it ended.  But I also think the fact that we never heard of the band is one of the reasons the story was so riveting.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  First 30 mintues or so I was not sure where the story was going.  I am glad you didn't provide any details, so I had no idea how it ended.  But I also think the fact that we never heard of the band is one of the reasons the story was so riveting.

Dude I knew nothing about it when I started it, just was like, wtf is this, I gotta check it out...30 minutes in, I'm like cool, I get it...struggling artist, cool personalities, wouldnt budge on their name, had to break up, etc....but then it hits and you're like wtf.  Could you imagine the nephew hearing his dad/and uncle play this wild music and being like, wtf...and then they start performing your sh*t???!!!!!  ******* rad, dude, just the coolest music story Ive ever heard.

Apparently this song’s over a year old but heard it for the first time like a week or so ago as the background track in some show the wife was watching. Forgot to look it up, then heard it on the radio yesterday and went and dove into some of their other stuff, all of its good. Just good music, a real soulful vibe unlike almost anything else out right now. The singers got a Marvin Gaye/Otis Redding type thing going on, guitar and keys are great, and just the production and composition of the tracks are top notch. Apparently they’re up for album of the year and song of the year for this song at the Grammys. Can’t tell you the last time I gave a sh*t about the Grammys and have no idea who they’re up against, but hope they take it home.