What are u listening to right now?

3 hours ago, peebag said:

for the life of me, I could never get into Sparks and believe me I tried.  

You are not alone.  I bought their first two records back in the 70s after seeing them on TV.   They just clicked with me.  

Even if you don't like the band and their music, you--as a rock aficionado--might enjoy Edgar Wright's documentary.  It's a stand alone piece of excellent filmmaking.   You'll appreciate their 50+ year musical journey.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

You are not alone.  I bought their first two records back in the 70s after seeing them on TV.   They just clicked with me.  

Even if you don't like the band and their music, you--as a rock aficionado--might enjoy Edgar Wright's documentary.  It's a stand alone piece of excellent filmmaking.   You'll appreciate their 50+ year musical journey.

yep.  I saw that.  I think a fan of the band would enjoy it more.

• Upvote 1

December 13. Twentieth anniversary of the death of Chuck Schuldiner of Death, ninth anniversary of the death of Holy Terror's Keith Deen, and the fourth anniversary of Sanctuary's Warrel Dane.

Needless to say that's all I've been listening to all day, Dane and Deen are two of my all time favourite singers.

Finished the Bob Spitz book about Led Zeppelin. 

Pretty much it's about the band from the beginning, to  Bonham's death and that's it. Some tacked on stuff about Live Aid, Atlantic Records show and O2 Arena, but very little. Nothing really about their post Zep careers, nor  kerfuffle of JPJ around the time of their HoF induction, not even the Plant/Page "Walking into Clarksdale"  stuff. Was expecting more of of breakdown of the band members and what they've done since, but not really here. Lots of drugs, lots of underage girls. If you are a fan, it's an exhaustive, practically daily recap of their career, albums and tours.