Jump to content

What are u listening to right now?


The Gun Of Bavaria
 Share

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Music that is from a bygone ERA. The great Bill Evans trio....

Love this album.  Music for a nice date night, wine, scotch etc.

 

 

Evans is one of the true musical geniuses.   Another pianist I really like is Bud Powell.   Listen to this guy's chops.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Evans is one of the true musical geniuses.   Another pianist I really like is Bud Powell.   Listen to this guy's chops.

 

Absofukkinlutely!!!!!   Bud Powell is on the Mt Rushmore of Jazz Pianists. As is Oscar Peterson.   George Duvivier on bass. A legend as well.

Just loaded it on Amazon Music. Playing the album "Its all about Be-Bop Jazz". Bud Powell Trio.  Thank you!!!!

LOVE Powell!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Evans is one of the true musical geniuses.   Another pianist I really like is Bud Powell.   Listen to this guy's chops.

 

Sharing something personal.. I got divorced about 14 years ago, dated a bit, now with the same gal 7 years. She has NO EAR, no history of music appreciation. Asked me the difference between a bass and a guitar. Can you fukkin imagine??? BUT, we wake up to Joe Pass radio on Pandora, I play Bill Evans constantly when we are together as back ground music. She has accompanied me to the Village Vanguard and other shows in NY. 

  I always think... if she was the type who said.. "Can we listen to real music"???? I'd leave her. :)

Hanging with her, glass of wine, just chatting while jazz is in the back ground is a simple pleasure for me. When she saw me play Bass in N.O a few years ago, she got it.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Sharing something personal.. I got divorced about 14 years ago, dated a bit, now with the same gal 7 years. She has NO EAR, no history of music appreciation. Asked me the difference between a bass and a guitar. Can you fukkin imagine??? BUT, we wake up to Joe Pass radio on Pandora, I play Bill Evans constantly when we are together as back ground music. She has accompanied me to the Village Vanguard and other shows in NY. 

  I always think... if she was the type who said.. "Can we listen to real music"???? I'd leave her. :)

Hanging with her, glass of wine, just chatting while jazz is in the back ground is a simple pleasure for me. When she saw me play Bass in N.O a few years ago, she got it.  

Nice when it clicks, right southpark?   Sounds like you found a great lady.  You know bass players get all the chicks. lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2021 at 4:31 PM, Peace Frog said:

I wouldn't say I'm a huge VU fan, I do like some of their stuff.  I get they are iconic, Lou Reed and Nico, that doll, but not in my top bands.  I just absolutley love Oh Sweet Nuthin.  Laid back funky. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Such a great version.  

yes... I've posted this version here a couple of times thru the years I think.   The other Gilmour live one I like is the one with Crosby and Nash doing the background vocals.  It's really beautiful.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

I cannot believe that was 37 years ago.

Yeah we are old.  No wonder my 20 somethings kids/kids-n-law have zero interest.

It's the equivalent of trying to force mid 1940's pop music (if such a thing even was) in my ears when I was in my 20's listening to WNEW-FM New York.  No chance.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yeah we are old.  No wonder my 20 somethings kids/kids-n-law have zero interest.

It's the equivalent of trying to force mid 1940's pop music (if such a thing even was) in my ears when I was in my 20's listening to WNEW-FM New York.  No chance.  

* forgot the shout out to my old favorite, WLIR-FM. Long Island.  Probably was the best radio station of all time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...