What are u listening to right now?

it’s pretty rare to discover a 20 year old band and become obsessed with them overnight but sweet merciful god I’m addicted to the crunchy guitars, interesting lyrics and glossy choruses of SEETHER. I noticed the tears for fears influence/ rip off ? and that was it, put that song on repeat and ******* crank it up lol. 

On 7/20/2022 at 2:45 PM, munchmemory said:

Flipping around YouTube and this great song showed up in my recommendations.  It has always been one of my favorites by Bob Marley.  But until a few minutes ago, I'd never seen this live clip.  Gave me chills.  

One of my favorite songs of all time and probably my favorite song to play and sing too, IMO this is legit one of the most beautiful songs ever written.  Not just the powerful lyrics but the opening riff, to the strum that includes a beautiful walk down to the bridge, to the change....it's just absolutely beautifully composed and then Bob's passion just takes it to the next level. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

One of my favorite songs of all time and probably my favorite song to play and sing too, IMO this is legit one of the most beautiful songs ever written.  Not just the powerful lyrics but the opening riff, to the strum that includes a beautiful walk down to the bridge, to the change....it's just absolutely beautifully composed and then Bob's passion just takes it to the next level. 

I could not agree more.  Hearing the tune--and especially Bob's delivery--just elevates the listener.  He's missed.  I play the song on my acoustic often, too.  

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I could not agree more.  Hearing the tune--and especially Bob's delivery--just elevates the listener.  He's missed.  I play the song on my acoustic often, too.  

100%.  When I first picked up the acoustic, there were a few songs I had in mind that I wanted to learn and master because I just find them so beautifully well done, (Redemption Song, Wild World, Ziggy Stardust, Blackbird, Free Fallin, Tangerine, just to name a few) but this was probably the top of the list and honestly, probably the first song I learned start to finish. 

• Sympathy 1

50 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

100%.  When I first picked up the acoustic, there were a few songs I had in mind that I wanted to learn and master because I just find them so beautifully well done, (Redemption Song, Wild World, Ziggy Stardust, Blackbird, Free Fallin, Tangerine, just to name a few) but this was probably the top of the list and honestly, probably the first song I learned start to finish. 

It's in an alternate tuning.  But here's one I heard a few years ago which really struck a...er...chord.  Gorgeous music and vocals.  Myles Kennedy would have been at home in the 70s with all the other great singers.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It's in an alternate tuning.  But here's one I heard a few years ago which really struck a...er...chord.  Gorgeous music and vocals.  Myles Kennedy would have been at home in the 70s with all the other great singers.

Wow, that's gorgeous.  Very powerful. 

I always thought this was a great performance and remembered, thinking, man could you imagine his guitar in GNR.  lol

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Wow, that's gorgeous.  Very powerful. 

I always thought this was a great performance and remembered, thinking, man could you imagine his guitar in GNR.  lol

Great version.  Yeah, Myles is probably as good a guitarist as Slash and Mark Tremonti, his band mate in Alter Bridge.  You're right, he would have been a perfect addition to G&R.  At one point, Myles was going to be Robert Plant's replacement if Page, Jones and Jason Bonham had decided to go forward after Plant nixed touring again.

• Upvote 1

Just got "Bar " tickets to see these guys tonight. The most amazing musicians to never have made it BIG. Just watch this video. I ve seen them twice and both times walked away with a shake my head attitude. Crowd is 85 percent guys of whom I bet 90 percent are musicians. The Arsitocrats.  Just watch this video.  @munchmemory @JiFapono

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Just got "Bar " tickets to see these guys tonight. The most amazing musicians to never have made it BIG. Just watch this video. I ve seen them twice and both times walked away with a shake my head attitude. Crowd is 85 percent guys of whom I bet 90 percent are musicians. The Arsitocrats.  Just watch this video.  @munchmemory @JiFapono

Stuff like this makes me want to burn all my guitars and possibly sever my hands so i never pick them up again.  This reminds me so much of Zappa's work with a bit of Return to Forever, Rush and Led Zeppelin thrown in for good measure (no pun).  Just beautifully played.  Enjoy the show.

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2022 at 8:52 AM, southparkcpa said:

Wow, that was intense and amazing and what talent.  

22 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Stuff like this makes me want to burn all my guitars and possibly sever my hands so i never pick them up again.  This reminds me so much of Zappa's work with a bit of Return to Forever, Rush and Led Zeppelin thrown in for good measure (no pun).  Just beautifully played.  Enjoy the show.

You know what immediately came to mind for me?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1