What are u listening to right now?

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Nope. It’s Christmas without the shopping , awesome holiday 

It's just a harvest feast made official to foster a sense of shared history with the former Confederate states. Even boiled down to its most consumerist base at least Christmas has pretty lights and, as noted, great music associated with it.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:32 AM, Nolder said:

It's just a harvest feast made official to foster a sense of shared history with the former Confederate states. Even boiled down to its most consumerist base at least Christmas has pretty lights and, as noted, great music associated with it.

No. It’s food and family and football. Christmas has a dude based on a Coca-Cola ad pushing department store profit in the name of the invisible man in the sky. With jingles. 

5 hours ago, Larz said:

No. It’s food and family and football. Christmas has a dude based on a Coca-Cola ad pushing department store profit in the name of the invisible man in the sky. With jingles. 

I find it ironic and more than a little funny that you are dismissing Christmas on the basis of it's most nihilistic and consumerist outlook but embrace that same thing for Thanksgiving. I mean I might have taken your argument more seriously if you'd at least said Thanksgiving is supposed to be a time to express thanks for what you have in life or even to celebrate the myth of the American Thanksgiving feast the Pilgrims had with the Wampanoag but instead it's just a gluttonous meal and sportsball. And for your information I like jingles.

9 hours ago, JiFapono said:

@Jimmy 2 Times  RIP to Keith Levene, the man who convinced Joe Strummer to join The Clash.  He only was part of writing "whats my name" but props to being the man who built one of the greatest rock bands of all time!

Always love The Clash, definitely a top tier band. Don't know much about the band tbh or who this guy is but glad he could help put it together in whatever capacity that was. RIP.

• Upvote 1

On 11/13/2022 at 6:21 PM, Nolder said:

I find it ironic and more than a little funny that you are dismissing Christmas on the basis of it's most nihilistic and consumerist outlook but embrace that same thing for Thanksgiving. I mean I might have taken your argument more seriously if you'd at least said Thanksgiving is supposed to be a time to express thanks for what you have in life or even to celebrate the myth of the American Thanksgiving feast the Pilgrims had with the Wampanoag but instead it's just a gluttonous meal and sportsball. And for your information I like jingles.

Dude this isn’t a serious discussion. I’m father ******* Christmas ? 

• Upvote 1

So John waited in line for tickets for 4 days to hear this performance. When Eddie changes the lyrics to “can you see John now “ might be one of the most powerful concert moments in recent memory. 

It’s worth clicking on the link, especially if you are a son and a father to a son like I am.